• 83 results
#1 Posted by ZombiePie (5588 posts) -
Yes This is a Real Thing

With the recently slew of pretzel bun burgers and McDonald's revamping their dollar menu Burger King is trying to add new items to their value menu to bring back customers. For those that don't know Wendy's recently dethroned Burger King as the number two fast food burger joint in terms of market share and profits. So the fine men and women of Burger King have come up with the French Fry Burger, which is all set to be launched next week, September 1st to be exact, at the price of $1. The item is set to last all throughout fall and potentially longer pending sales. This all coming from the minds of the bacon sundae and NOT A BLT, bacon only burger:

Let's Just Say That it was a Disappointment by the Way

Oh, and has anyone done the math and found that just ordering a small side of fries plus a Whopper Jr. is cheaper than the gimmick burger?

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by Quarters (1633 posts) -

This is both the saddest, and most American thing I can possibly imagine.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21279 posts) -

You know what they call a French Fry Hamburger in France?

...I dunno

#4 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

Combining bad food with bad food. The American way!

Allow me to demonstrate our European culinary superiority:

#5 Posted by Jachin (41 posts) -

I am pretty sure Whopper Jr. cost about 1.69 and a small fry cost over a dollar. Not sure what time period you are in.

#6 Edited by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

Burger King sucks. If they actually offered a competitive value menu they wouldn't have to come up with stupid gimmicks like this. It doesn't even have cheese.

#7 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Well it is a little weird that they are putting the fries on your burger first, but fuck everyone talking shit about putting fries in your burger. Its delicious!Also cheap and filling, you get a burger off the dollar menu and a small order of fries, and make your burger better. Its like putting chips in a sandwich.

#8 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

This would be great if their fries were any good.

#10 Edited by falserelic (5333 posts) -

Well hell I've already done that plenty of times with burgers, though if I keep it up my heart might explode. Thinking about it I have gained weight lately all thanks to fatty foods. Since I'm bulking it does benefit abit, but now I'm probably going back to cutting before I become a fat slob again.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36059 posts) -

I'm not sure those tastes or those....resistances (how much effort you have to put into biting something)....would go together too well.

#13 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1352 posts) -

This is just reinforcing the massive price disparity between American fast food and British fast food. And I'M NOT EVEN SURE THAT'S A BAD THING.

#14 Posted by vikingdeath1 (931 posts) -

I do that all the time when I order a burger & fries.

yes, I am a 12 year old.

it is still delicious.

#15 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

Holy Jesus! What is that? What is that, Private Pyle?!

#16 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2203 posts) -

I already been making that burger for years!

#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

Looks gross.

#18 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2413 posts) -

Amazing, what will they come up with next??

#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

That's the most impotent looking hamburger I've seen in a long time.

#20 Edited by cloudnineboya (765 posts) -

I Have put chips on my homemade burgers for years, plus nothing better than a chip buttie .

#21 Edited by mbr2 (561 posts) -

@cptbedlam said:

Looks gross.

What are those vegetables!? REAL BREAD!? Fucking disgusting!

#22 Posted by GreggD (4478 posts) -

@jachin said:

I am pretty sure Whopper Jr. cost about 1.69 and a small fry cost over a dollar. Not sure what time period you are in.

Yeah seriously, I had to re-read that part to make sure I got it.

#23 Posted by Levius (1079 posts) -

As someone who has constructed a pizza sandwich, I guess I can't criticise.

#24 Edited by Nux (2306 posts) -

Checkers/Rally's did this exact same thing already. Burger King you are late to the game.

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

Well done Burger King, this is terrible.

#26 Posted by falserelic (5333 posts) -

@gamer_152: Heart attack grill is even better...

#27 Posted by Silver-Streak (1339 posts) -

Burger King still has their deep fried tacos (There's no Jack in the box here) so I care not what else they have on their menu.

#29 Posted by Pepsiman (2459 posts) -

As someone who lived through the glory days of their Windows 7 burger, it's really all relative to me what else they put on their menu. It takes a lot to get my cold, dead soul into worrying about the viability of a fast food item. The Double Down comes close, but it's still no cigar.

#30 Edited by Lyisa (328 posts) -

I put hash browns and a poached egg on my burgers, I don't think fries would be too weird. I guess it would depend on what else is on it?

#31 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@falserelic: Haha, I kind of admire the chutzpah of the owner. He flat-out tells his customers "eat shit" and he's apparently clever enough to not get high on his own supply. He knows, if he fries it, they will come, not matter how unhealthy that shit is.

#32 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

MacDoe revamped their dollar menu?

#33 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

This isn't the first time they've done this. They had that Apprentice Burger for a while which used french fries.

Here's the thing, though: if you are going to put french fries on the burger, you are defeating the purpose of fries on the burger. They get all soggy just sitting there in the wrapper with the burger. You want them to have that crispy texture to them.

I see this failing miserably once people realize that taking the bun off and putting fries on it yourself is where it's really at.

#34 Edited by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

OK, I'm gonna get flack for this, but I actually like Burger King, or at least I much prefer that over McDonald's at least. I don't know how I feel about this announcement. I'm fine with food being $1, but this doesn't look great, and Burger King fries are not that tasty.

#35 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2227 posts) -

Oh, and has anyone done the math and found that just ordering a small side of fries plus a Whopper Jr. is cheaper than the gimmick burger?

Ummm..... no its not?

#36 Edited by Ares42 (2583 posts) -

I'm just gonna put this out there. Fries are vastly overrated. I remember a time when I was 10 and fries were magical, but seriously... it's like the blandest fast-food you can imagine.

#37 Posted by gokaired (488 posts) -

@cptbedlam said:

Looks gross.

But tastes great, i recommend it well done.

:)

#38 Posted by gokaired (488 posts) -

Now that i think about it, i can't believe i have done this myself more often. I don't do it with McD's fries because they're too salty and i usually dip them all in milkshake anyway :P

#39 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

@ares42 said:

I'm just gonna put this out there. Fries are vastly overrated. I remember a time when I was 10 and fries were magical, but seriously... it's like the blandest fast-food you can imagine.

Hey man..

No.

#40 Edited by Andorski (5198 posts) -

I am more interested in knowing how the fuck Burger King stayed #2 for so long. I live in Southern California and it feels like they have been slowly disappearing since 2000. I see more KFC restaurants than Burger Kings.

#41 Posted by Hailinel (23930 posts) -

@pepsiman: I feel a heart attack coming on just looking at that.

#42 Edited by believer258 (11666 posts) -

@ares42 said:

Hey man..

No.

Are those Chik-Fil-A fries? God, they suck. Fries in general suck, but those suck the most of all.

I thought everyone had already tried putting fries on a burger at one point? I'm not the only one who did that once and decided to never do it again, right?

#43 Edited by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -

Remember the KFC Double Down "sandwich"? It had fried chicken as the bun with bacon and cheese in the middle. Top that BK! (Okay, the Win 7 burger was down right scary) My favorite burger oddity is still the Star Wars burgers.

1 heart attack with a side order of fries

#44 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5259 posts) -

Sure. Why the hell not.

#45 Edited by eskimo (473 posts) -

To be fair the English have been doing this for decades

Chip Butty

#46 Posted by Killerfridge (301 posts) -

Doner kebab meat is the worst food ever.

#47 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

I still do not forgive them for getting rid of the chicken fries.

#48 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6097 posts) -

If this is their best and brightest's big idea to get them back on the market, then Burger King has some severe problems. How about increasing the quality of the burgers and then - gasp - still selling 'em for a buck? Crazy idea, I know. So crazy it just might work!

#49 Posted by Dalai (7001 posts) -

Now that's just fucking lazy. If I want fries in my burger, I'll do it myself.

And I don't want fries in my burger.

#50 Edited by Pepsiman (2459 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@pepsiman: I feel a heart attack coming on just looking at that.

In case you're feeling game to go all the way with that heart attack, you can watch CheapyD try to take it on and come out of it alive!