#1 Posted by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -

Is anyone else just completely OUTRAGED that we've yet to see this game get a Quick Look? Do you think it'll happen? How much out of 10 do you want a Hatsune Miku Quick Look? Why are Giant Bomb boycotting Hatsune Miku!? Is CBS behind this? I bet Jeff and Vinny are actually champing at the bit to do a Hatsune Miku Quick Look but those snivelling corporate CBS bigwigs won't let them.

#2 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I'm so outraged!

Let's get this mob movin'! I've got torches! If you need one just come see me!

!!

#3 Posted by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

I usually love a good conspiracy theory, I think the more likely answer is that our community doesn't have a strong base for these type of games. I happen to enjoy them but I don't think there is any malicious action at CBS preventing them from doing a quick look. I just don't think these type of games resonate with the majority of GB members.

#4 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@wolfgame said:

I usually love a good conspiracy theory, I think the more likely answer is that our community doesn't have a strong base for these type of games. I happen to enjoy them but I don't think there is any malicious action at CBS preventing them from doing a quick look. I just don't think these type of games resonate with the majority of GB members.

You're answer is too serious duder! I think it's more of that the GB guys don't give a damn. I can't blame them, I didn't care for vocaloids either. Until I played this game that is.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24876 posts) -

@wolfgame said:

A strong base for what type of game? Rhythm game? No, there's definitely enough interest in that genre here. What's more likely is that Sega didn't send GB a copy, and the first run of physical copies produced was actually pretty limited.

All that being said, as I said on a blog post I wrote last week, this game is pretty great. You should definitely check it out of you're into rhythm games.

#6 Edited by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

@hailinel: @superwristbands:

I have no doubt people enjoy rhythm games, I mean look at the success of guitar hero. But, I think the people into those type of games aren't even the same audience that this game would appeal to. A vocaloid themed rhythm game is targetting a very niche audience.

#7 Posted by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -

More seriously, I'm just a little disappointed that it's not getting a Quick Look because I think said video could be pretty entertaining, I don't even have an actual interest in the game itself but it's often fun when Giant Bomb mess around with some of the more niche/'out there' releases.

Content seems a little slim in general this week (thankfully we have Patrick being the workhorse that he is, at least), I guess that's the PAX effect. Hopefully we get a surprise random stream or something later on.

#8 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

I'm more outraged at the complete lack of content, as if that was anything new. Not that I would watch any content from the week where Vinny was gone. Ha ! Ha !

#9 Edited by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

@meatball:

Right, I mean I don't want what I said to be seen as me saying they shouldn't do a QL, I would love to see them cover this game. I think it could be pretty entertaining and funny. I wouldn't be surprised if they played it briefly during an unprofessional friday segment.

#10 Posted by ModernAlkemie (364 posts) -

Judging by the cover of this game, it would require setting up the Creeper Cam for proper coverage. Unfortunately, Vinny is out of town this week and is the only one who knows how to operate it and willing to clean the residue off.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Jeff: "Uggggggggh........."

Brad: "Ugggghhh........"

Jeff: "Uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............."

QUICK LOOK OVER.

#12 Edited by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

I would really enjoy seeing them do one but I'm not sure I'm "outraged" about it. Still sucks though, Id like to see them quick-look Killer is Dead as well even though I'm pretty sure they'll trash it.

#13 Edited by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

@video_game_king: @modernalkemie:

game needs Gears of War style burly men to be taken seriously I suppose, or in segas case they could have put in Big Bo

#14 Edited by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

There's quite a few games that have come out recently that they have yet to quicklook, like that Turtles game, Amnesia:a machine for pigs (yeah I know, but I want a proper QL as well) and Killer is Dead, so this isn't surprising to me. Hopefully they'll catch up on some of it eventually.

Edit: Oh and I hope they do something with FF14 eventually.

#15 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I want Jeff to do this one with a creeper cam.

@demoskinos Brad might play KiD. "OH MY GOD! THIS GAME! I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING!"

#16 Edited by Hailinel (24876 posts) -
#17 Edited by EXTomar (4745 posts) -

I suspect the hurdle is that they have to find someone in the group who actually cares enough to try it.

Also, one thing I've noticed is trying to force them to do something by yelling at them through the boards is just as likely to get them not to do it.

#18 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5011 posts) -

QUICK LOOK OVER.

Wait, you saw it already?!

#19 Posted by cloudymusic (1121 posts) -

Jeff has no interest in Hatsune Miku unless Domino's is also involved.

#20 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

QUICK LOOK OVER.

Shortest Quick Look in site history.

#21 Edited by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Played the demo and deleted it 5 minutes later, they probably did the same.

#22 Posted by Ramone (2967 posts) -

You should ask Jeff on his Tumblr, he loves being pestered about games that the guys should Quick Look.

#23 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

I think it is worse that there is no EU release.

#24 Posted by mpgeist (612 posts) -

Having played both galgun and miku, I can easily say miku does not warrant creeper cam.

#25 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Judging by the cover of this game, it would require setting up the Creeper Cam for proper coverage. Unfortunately, Vinny is out of town this week and is the only one who knows how to operate it and willing to clean the residue off.

It's a rhythm game as far as I can tell, not about shooting girls with your "love gun"

or whatever the premise of Gal Gun was.

#26 Posted by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -
@ramone said:

You should ask Jeff on his Tumblr, he loves being pestered about games that the guys should Quick Look.

I was considering starting a petition, but this seems like a much more direct option, thanks!

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

@mpgeist said:

Having played both galgun and miku, I can easily say miku does not warrant creeper cam.

Yep. Hell, even in photo mode if you get anywhere near an angle that looks up the skirt the game entirely blocks you from taking any pictures or even seeing the character model until you correct the angle. That's right anti-upskirt tech in Project Diva people.

#28 Posted by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -
@mpgeist said:

Yep. Hell, even in photo mode if you get anywhere near an angle that looks up the skirt the game entirely blocks you from taking any pictures or even seeing the character model until you correct the angle. That's right anti-upskirt tech in Project Diva people.

I'm just glad you're doing the lord's work and making sure to check that this technology is in place. Thankyou for your service!

#29 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

We should be pestering Jeff about this. He's definitely the right man for the job.

#30 Posted by EXTomar (4745 posts) -

Jeff has free-styling roots. Clearly that makes him the Miku of Giant Bomb.

#31 Edited by Petiew (1349 posts) -

@nictel said:

There is, but it's digital only.

#32 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

@petiew said:

@nictel said:

There is, but it's digital only.

I can live with that.

#33 Posted by HerpDerp (133 posts) -

#34 Edited by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

@meatball: You dont really even have to go actively try to look its rather aggressive about it.

#35 Edited by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Krieger-San?

#36 Posted by Hailinel (24876 posts) -

@wolfgame said:

@hailinel: @superwristbands:

I have no doubt people enjoy rhythm games, I mean look at the success of guitar hero. But, I think the people into those type of games aren't even the same audience that this game would appeal to. A vocaloid themed rhythm game is targetting a very niche audience.

A rhythm game is a rhythm game, whether it's slapping buttons on a plastic guitar or pushing buttons to the tune of an anthropomorphized synthesizer.

#37 Edited by Omega (835 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@wolfgame said:

A strong base for what type of game? Rhythm game? No, there's definitely enough interest in that genre here. What's more likely is that Sega didn't send GB a copy, and the first run of physical copies produced was actually pretty limited.

All that being said, as I said on a blog post I wrote last week, this game is pretty great. You should definitely check it out of you're into rhythm games.

Your blog post sold me on that game. I love rhythm games and I was aware of Project Diva, in that I heard the name before. I'm sort of on the edge of the demographic that would like such a thing. Deep enough in the anime culture to watch some anime from time to time and play a bunch of JRPG's but out of it enough that I don't follow or particularly like the anime culture and don't follow any news centred around anime, I barely know what vocoloid is et cetera.

What I'm poorly trying to say is that it's people like me that a Project Diva f quick look would benefit from. If it wasn't for Hailinel's blog post I'd never have bought it. There are a bunch of edge cases, like myself, out there in the Giant Bomb community who don't go on the forums and will never know how cool Project Diva f is.

The hopeful guy in me thinks that since Jeff likes rhythm games a lot, and they've been quick looking some very niche things lately like the FTP card games that there may be a good chance on a slow week they might do one in the near future.

The cynic in me thinks this post has rambled on long enough and I should shut up now.

#38 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

@alexw00d: I laughed at this way more than I should have. Well done sir

#39 Posted by Hailinel (24876 posts) -

@omega: I'm glad that I was able to help!

#40 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

@herpderp said:

I think I laughed WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard at this. *still LMAO*

#41 Posted by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -

I am glad to see that my, nay, OUR extensive lobbying for a Hatsune Miku Quick Look has born fruit. Set your alarms, folks, because the quick look is mere hours away!

#42 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5011 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

@alexandersheen said:

@video_game_king said:

QUICK LOOK OVER.

Hey King, do you remember this conversation from a week before? Well, funny story: it's actually happening. The shortest Quick Look in site history, the video that is mostly constructed by Brad and Jeff going "Uggghhhh....." is gonna be a thing in just a couple of hours.

#43 Edited by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

@alexandersheen said:

@video_game_king said:

QUICK LOOK OVER.

Hey King, do you remember this conversation from a week before? Well, funny story: it's actually happening. The shortest Quick Look in site history, the video that is mostly constructed by Brad and Jeff going "Uggghhhh....." is gonna be a thing in just a couple of hours.

I'm just glad to be a MAJOR PART of history unfolding.

#44 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#45 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -
#46 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5011 posts) -

@alexandersheen:

I stand by my word.

I stand by your word too. I don't think there's a chance that the QL will end up any other way.

#47 Posted by MEATBALL (3247 posts) -

For real, the quick look was more amazing than I ever could have imagined. I laughed so fucking hard.

#48 Posted by EXTomar (4745 posts) -

This was one of the funniest Quick Looks they've had in awhile. :)