#1 Edited by Poonz (140 posts) -

Looking for a pair of headphones for gaming. I want something that cuts out pretty much all sound if possible. Not too much money.

Something that I can use with my PS4, Vita, 3DS, and possibly with my iPhone. I need something that goes over my ears, can't stand the inner earbuds.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what they currently use?

#2 Posted by ArmedBear (225 posts) -

I use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones. They go over the ear, but don't have noise cancelling devices. Picked them up for $75 on sale at my local Guitar Center, they regularly go for $100. Pretty good headphones for the price.

I used to have Bose QuietComfort noise cancelling headphones, and they were great, but they got busted during my last move. I don't know if you want to blow $300 on cans though.

#3 Edited by MrCaptain (367 posts) -

The Bushmills x Grado Labs Headphone are awesome!

They are much money and i have no idea about the quality but with these you will be the king of hipsters and that is priceless.

#4 Posted by Poonz (140 posts) -

I use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones. They go over the ear, but don't have noise cancelling devices. Picked them up for $75 on sale at my local Guitar Center, they regularly go for $100. Pretty good headphones for the price.

I used to have Bose QuietComfort noise cancelling headphones, and they were great, but they got busted during my last move. I don't know if you want to blow $300 on cans though.

$300 is way too much for something I'll just break in 6 months if past experience holds. I'll look at the others though.

The Bushmills x Grado Labs Headphone are awesome!

They are much money and i have no idea about the quality but with these you will be the king of hipsters and that is priceless.

King of the hipsters...the throne no one wants to ascend too.

#6 Edited by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

@poonz: They really need to fix this text field for the forums...it's kind of wonky.

But anyway, these are the ones you're looking for man. Only $100, and even then headphones don't get much better regardless of price.

Also you can get a whole kit if you're feeling spiffy, but you really only need the cans.

#7 Edited by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -
#8 Posted by Nodima (1290 posts) -

It's a shame you can't handle inner ears, because these are always 60-80% off and the best bargain on the internet. I've made sure to have a pair close by at all times for nearly a decade now.

Klipsch Image x10

#9 Posted by dachen (40 posts) -

I'm going to echo @doctorchimp and say the Audio-Technicas. Saw them on sale today for $90. Bought a pair of them last month and they are fantastic.

#10 Posted by 1momosauky (214 posts) -

http://www.amazon.ca/Bose%C2%AE-AE2-audio-headphones-Black/dp/B00478O0JI

I break headphones all the time, these ones I swear to god are immortal. They also sound really good and pretty much cancel all other sounds.

#11 Posted by ILikePopCans (772 posts) -

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/which-headphones-should-i-get/

#12 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Avoid: Turtle Beach and Beats By Dre(made by the same guys who made $500 HDMI cables. Total scam)

#13 Posted by Poonz (140 posts) -

@nekroskop: Thanks, I was initially looking at Turtle Beach

Thanks for all the input everybody.

#14 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

Another vote for the ATH M50

Best headphones I've ever owned.

#15 Posted by JoeBigfoot (114 posts) -
#16 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

On a tangent:

Does anyone know how to soften a cloth headphone cable? I have a pair of ATH-EM7s that I had put away for a few years, and now the cable is all stiff and hard to manage.

#17 Posted by Rejizzle (367 posts) -

I currently have a Shure SRH440. About 80 bucks and great quality. Cord can extend like 3 metres (9 feet) as well. Only problem is that they don't block out sound too well.

#18 Posted by Unilad (580 posts) -

Bose QC3's.

Yeah they were expensive, but they're actually pretty great. Had them for 4 years now so in the long run saved cash. (I was buying a $30-50$ pair at least once or twice a year)

#19 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@unilad said:

Bose QC3's.

Yeah they were expensive, but they're actually pretty great. Had them for 4 years now so in the long run saved cash. (I was buying a $30-50$ pair at least once or twice a year)

Of course they were expensive, you paid for a name.