If you liked Her Story you might like...

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Cirdain

So I have been watching a lot of stuff recently that have this sorta vibe but a bit more.

The Booth at the End

Really mysterious show. A guy sits in a diner and solves peoples problems... for a price.

- trailer youtu.be/kz6uN2tybVc (I think the 2 seasons might be on hulu or somewhere else on the internet)

Madness in the Fast Lane - No Spoilers!

The pacing of this TV documentary drops in the middle so I think this a good thing to watch when eating lunch or dinner (there's no gross stuff). In the UK we have a show called Motorway Cops. Something crazy happened this one time and this documentary follows the events from that show. The link I've provided is a little bit into the documentary because I think they tell to much too early.

- youtu.be/kdiISQdjwd0?t=2m09s

The Iceman Tapes - Talking to a Killer

Richard Kuklinski, a Mafia Hitman, is interviewed by a notable Psychiatrist who is a consultant with the CIA.

- youtu.be/psoq8qYvx18

There are some more but I can't remember. I'll add as it comes to me.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@cirdain: Cool, thanks for the recommendations. Looking forward to trying some of these out.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The Iceman Tapes are fantastic.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By kewlsnake

is Her Story in any way similar to the Sherlock Holes Consulting Detective game on PC? It had you going to various locations to find clues, watching cheesy FMVS, taking notes and at the end present your case for a judge to show that you "solved" it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kewlsnake: No, you don't do any of that. You basically just watch videos to uncover the story. There is no actual game-play. If you watch the QL it will show you all there is.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Serial, a podcast investigating a 15 year-old murder case. I listened to all of this the day before I found Her Story, so I've been thinking about old confusing murders pretty much non-stop for a week now.

Breckstand is an achronological collection of fiction made up of short scenes available for purchase piecemeal. You can read them in any order and find your own stories in the world provided.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I've been hearing a lot about Serial for a while now, never quite understood if it has anything real about it.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Document review at a large law firm....

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Aisle is an interactive fiction game by Sam Barlow, the creator of Her Story. You find yourself shopping in a quiet supermarket and get to make one action in order to see an ending. It's really great, well worth a try.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

While it isn't FMV, the closest I've played to something like Her Story is Analogue: A Hate Story. If I remember correctly, you investigate a derelict space ship by chatting with the ship's AI, reading people's emails /personal logs, etc, to find out what happened. If you're okay with a more visual novel style approach, maybe check it out.