HOTS is out. Is Quick Look coming?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

(Note: On mobile so can't see upcoming hopper at the moment)

So Hereos of the Storm is now no longer unfinished. It is, in some respects, finished. That mean it's finally time for a Quick Look?

I really hope they do one and that it's not the same format as Daily Dota. I don't watch quick looks to watch 5 people play game, I watch quick looks to see someone explain the appeal of a game to a layman. Therefore I'm really hoping Dan gets on the couch for this and Drew drives. Brad can be there too I guess.

Way I see it worst case there's no Dan or Drew and it's just Brad and his Dota friends playing some. Best case it's Drew driving, Dan, Jeff and Brad on the couch. That'd be a good QL.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

There's a small chance Drew might do one, but nothing in the upcoming yet. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Also I don't think you understand how the Dota addiction works - there's no way Brad would be seen dead playing this game.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I'd also really like to see a Quick Look of this but personally I would like to see it done in a Daily Dota style with Brad driving. Even if it leads to excessive comparing and complaining I'd still like to hear what DOTA fans think of it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I believe they already had a video of it at some point, this is just another of numerous games where they gradually become polished over time and the release date is totally meaningless (the actual release date is effectively Open Beta, though in this case it was very unlikely for people to not have access before then). That doesn't mean there won't be a video, but I'm sure it isn't the highest priority either.

From my perspective the release date was the last reset like a year ago.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@themasterds: For as much as HotS isn't a traditional moba, I really do not want Dan in on it. Every video he has done in that space is just horrible trolling. Just about zero educational value.

I do agree though, Drew should play. It's more up his alley and he has kept and open mind with a fresh perspective on this before.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@tobbrobb: Dan has said that since HOTS sounds like a Moba without the Moba bullshit he'd give it an honest go. That's reason enough to have him on the couch. Jeff too has also remarked a lot that a Moba without bullshit would be cool. He'd also be good on the couch. Brad would be good as the grumpy old man on the couch.

@fredchuckdave: it's changed a lot since then. For a start next to no one was in it. For a second bit there's considerably more maps and characters that have come out since then. Thirdly that was 5 guys jumping in basically blind. That was before anyone knew how to play it. Hell, that was before there were custom matches to allow eSports and the like. If Drew gets into it and then shows off what he's learned that's a completely different piece of content. Finally there is the fact that they've only done an Unfinished. An Unfinished is not an end in and of itself. There can be multiple unfinisheds for one game and, once out, a quick look can also happen.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

@tobbrobb said:

@themasterds: For as much as HotS isn't a traditional moba, I really do not want Dan in on it. Every video he has done in that space is just horrible trolling. Just about zero educational value.

I do agree though, Drew should play. It's more up his alley and he has kept and open mind with a fresh perspective on this before.

QFT

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterds: There can also be multiple quick looks for a game (for example: The Witcher 3); also in another year it will have changed roughly as much as it changed in the year previous and then we can have another thread demanding another QL and so on; for perpetual development games it doesn't really matter when the video occurs.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'd love to see a cross country quick look of this one. Seems like a neat opportunity to use that capability they seem to have established in Vinny's Farcry 4 streams.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cloudymusic

Drew driving with Brad watching seems like the best combination.

...Or let's just put Vinny in front of it.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tobbrobb: Dan has said that since HOTS sounds like a Moba without the Moba bullshit he'd give it an honest go. That's reason enough to have him on the couch. Jeff too has also remarked a lot that a Moba without bullshit would be cool. He'd also be good on the couch. Brad would be good as the grumpy old man on the couch.

My friends who always disliked all the bullshit of other MOBAs actually started playing, and liking this one when they heard it's a MOBA without all the bullshit.

I used to play a lot of League, Dota, HoN, Smite. But honestly I like HoTS more because of the lack of bullshit. It's just straight up PvP action which is what I secretly always wanted from these games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@loafsmooch: HotS reminded me of my time in Warhammer Online, whereas in other MMOs you're PvPing to get a currency or a rating or some bullshit in Warhammer you just logged in and went to kill people for the entire day, all day, every day; hell of a game. The fighting was also faster paced and some universal axioms hold true (almost everyone that plays an attractive female character is terrible for example) between the two as well. Even the afking in early Heroes Alpha reminded me of the afking in Warhammer.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@themasterds: Very simple way to answer your question: get yourself some recording software, play the game while you comment on it, upload it to youtube or your own preferred video hosting site. BAM! Instant Quick Look for your game!

That suggestion's on the house, no need to thank me.