Random Hero issue

MrCathal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have played around 20/25 game now and most of them have been random heros selection, what I dont understand is that I got the same hero 9/10 times when I played random. Anyone else have this problem?

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing you don't have a lot of heroes available and it's launch week so neither do a lot of people. You also can't have duplicates on a team so it makes sense you might be getting the same hero over and over.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Keep in mind the 'random' hero select is not truly random. It looks at the players you're being matched with and tries to pick a hero that will fit into that lineup.

If everyone queues as an assassin, you're probably getting a lot of warrior or support. If you only have 1 warrior and 1 support available, it's going be a lot of the same.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@renegadedoppelganger: Wait what seriously. What the fuck is the point then. Couldn't they at least have two different buttons for that, "random" and "pick for me" to differentiate or something. Completely eliminating the purpose of a random button just makes it obsolete.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadedoppelganger said:

Keep in mind the 'random' hero select is not truly random. It looks at the players you're being matched with and tries to pick a hero that will fit into that lineup.

If everyone queues as an assassin, you're probably getting a lot of warrior or support. If you only have 1 warrior and 1 support available, it's going be a lot of the same.

Well they really shouldn't call it a random button then, because it's anything but random.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: What are they supposed to call it then? It's still a random decision, it's just that the factors that determine the pick are random and not the pick itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso:

I dunno, maybe Fill-In or something like that. Is there a tooltip that at least makes it clear that it's not truly random? If there is, then it's fine.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: @random45:

The button isn't labelled random though, the button is labelled auto-select and the tooltip explains exactly what it does: automatically selects a hero your team needs. It speeds up queue times by just dropping you into the first available party while also fulfilling a minimum requirement for team composition.

No Caption Provided

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@renegadedoppelganger: Fair enough then. I can see why they would do this and not add a true random. Though I would have personally appreciated it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, choosing auto select is like telling the game "please choose for me the least popular free-to-play hero this week". You'll end up playing the same not-especially-flashy characters over and over, but in theory maybe your team compositions will be pretty good?