What's Next for Kojima?

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

While listening to the Bombcast I got to thinking about where Kojima could take his talents. I was thinking maybe Bethesda but it's hard to think of what he would make over there or at any other developer. I guess I would hate to see his unique style go away entirely. I would love to see him make some kind of smaller game with total emphasis on weird characters. What does everyone thing might be next for him?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ezekiel

I was also thinking Bethesda, if he can't produce himself. I don't want it to be one of the big three, because then the games will be barred off from many potential customers. I'm sure many of the fired Kojima Productions employees will join his new studio, including Yoji Shinkawa. I doubt he's done. He said he wants to make games for as long as he lives.

From the other thread:

@ezekiel said:

I think Bethesda should produce Kojima's team, if they can't produce themselves. The Evil Within shows that they work well with Japanese developers. The game has fundamental problems, but I blame that mostly on Shinji Mikami. And since Kojima Productions designs their own engines, the games would be far better optimized than The Evil Within. Bethesda also doesn't seem to censor games much. The Evil Within and Wolfenstein: The New Order are quite graphic.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sony will bring him into their fold and we'll get the hot Kojima-Drake-Boyes collaboration no one ever dreamed of.

Seriously though Sony should bring him in to create new IP's that would show they're trying to make AAA games outside of Naughty Dog

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Microsoft has the cash and they could probably give him 5 years to make something. Yet, after five years, unless the think was a huge hit, he would be a contract worker again for MS as they find a quiet way to let him go pretending it was a sad parting of the ways. Hiring Hideo Kojima is for the next few years is going to be a publicity stunt for some company to use. Somebody with some cash will take him on; BUT NOBODY will want to keep him.

Oh, he is a great headline maker at this point, so Microsoft could use him (I emphasize USE him) as counter punch against Sony and teh PS4. But, long term? Realistically what MS could do with him - is absolutely nothing. They will set up him with a studio, they will give him a gernous amount of time, and they will spend a thrifty amount in publicity if what he makes seems worthwhile. After that first game they see if he is worth keeping, he probably won't be so they will set up a situation where "he says" he want freedom and they will "regretfully" let him go. Oh, boo-hoo, we will miss you Ko-Jimmy ...(but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Oh thanks making Microsoft look good and making it look like Sony was missing out for a few years.)

Blackwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hideo Kojima working for Platinum Games would be my #1 dream team.