Should Fiber Wire be standard for all Hitman operations?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Call me old fashioned but i like to just kill every target with Fiber Wire whenever i can. It's light weight and fits nicely in your jacket pocket so why does it have to take up a starting gear slot?

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lead_dispencer

The starting gear did rub me the wrong way. Specially with the coins taking up a slot. I'm so accustomed to blood money having unlimited coins.

Also fuck the suitcase sniper rifle. Put it in the game!!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should probably. It's not like it's that useful anyway. It's barely faster than subdue+neck snap. It's a waste of a gear slot but it's also an integral part of Hitman so they should just always have it in your inventory.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Probably not. The only time it's particularly useful is in situations where you have to take someone out and quickly hide the body because it's a fluid takedown rather than having to wait until they go down and then using a button prompt to drag the body. Unless you're tied to it for nostalgic reasons, its utility is pretty limited, especially if you're going for SA runs where you can only kill targets.

Lockpick is what I always bring, and it used to be coins for slot number two, but I eventually realized that I end up finding enough throwables throughout the level to serve that distraction purpose anyway. Now I toss a poison or a rubber duck remote explosive in slot two and make my agency pickup the sniper rifle to give myself a variety of options. That seems to be the best loadout overall (for my playstyle, at least).

Pugtato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I suppose it would be nice to have the fiber wire by default, but I find the opportunity kills to be much more compelling.

I never choke someone out when instead I can drown them in birthday cake, sensually snap their neck mid-massage, drop a chandelier on their head, drop a toilet on their head, drop a moose on their head, drop a woman on their head, or simply do some old-fashioned outsourcing and get the targets to kill each other.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so. Honestly have only used it once, and I think that's only on the tutorial level, but I may be mistaken. If anything, I wish they would let you use anything other that a gun in that one inventory spot. I have yet to fire a shot in this game, and on most of the maps just drop the damn thing around the corner as soon as I start in fear of sooner or later getting frisked and forgetting I have it. It bugs me that you HAVE to take a sidearm no matter what.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The starting gear did rub me the wrong way. Specially with the coins taking up a slot. I'm so accustomed to blood money having unlimited coins.

Seriously, how am I supposed to snipe dudes without getting a guard uniform?

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WynnDuffy

@lead_dispencer said:

Seriously, how am I supposed to snipe dudes without getting a guard uniform?

Depends on the map, you can definitely do it on some missions easier than others.

But yah, the suitcase being an unlockable would be a nice touch.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

In the first game it was pretty much the only real weapon you could use, and even then you had to be in the extremely slow "stealth crouch" before using it or else somehow everyone in the area would get alerted.

The inclusion of the silenced pistol in the second game was almost cheating.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@cornfed40 said:

I don't think so. Honestly have only used it once, and I think that's only on the tutorial level, but I may be mistaken. If anything, I wish they would let you use anything other that a gun in that one inventory spot. I have yet to fire a shot in this game, and on most of the maps just drop the damn thing around the corner as soon as I start in fear of sooner or later getting frisked and forgetting I have it. It bugs me that you HAVE to take a sidearm no matter what.

You can unequip the pistol by pressing Y/Triangle in the planning screen.

And yeah, i don't know why the suitcase sniper rifle isn't in the game yet when 47 is holding one in the damn cover art.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedted: Will doing that allow you to put something else in that slot, or is it gun or nothing?

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why would you ever choke someone when you can use scissors or a hammer or I don't know, your own hands.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

In the first game it was pretty much the only real weapon you could use, and even then you had to be in the extremely slow "stealth crouch" before using it or else somehow everyone in the area would get alerted.

Ah, the 90s-to-early-2000s in PC FPS singleplayer campaigns, where all guards and NPCs had to be able to see you from 2000 yards away with their back turned to you.

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

The knife was always better, aside from areas with metal detectors. And there were suppressed pistols in the first game.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Coin, lockpick, and breaching charges at the pickup location for doors with keycards. The coin is the one thing you can change out since you find plenty of things to cause diversions within the level itself.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voshterkoff: the knife was louder and you couldn't instantly drag people away like you could with the wire. I played the first game to death despite its considerable jank and lack of manual saves and I don't recall silenced pistols. Maybe it was a rarity in a few missions? It was a really long time ago so I'll take your word for it but I do remember that in Silent Assassin you could basically equip a silenced pistol for each mission which made things significantly easier. The second game brought in a ton of really needed quality of life changes like the speed at which you walked when crouched was drastically increased making sneaking up on people not be a trial of patience.

deinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much only use fiber wire for the specific challenges that require it.

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: The throat slit was fast and quiet enough to take out the patrolling columns of guards in the jungle levels one after another.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I think it's stupid it is something you need to choose to carry in. That's a default Hitman item. But now with how its set up I go in without it in the current game.