#1 Posted by fazzle (305 posts) -

I ended up receiving this game in a grab bag of random used xbox 360 games that I bought last week, and even though it shipped with an online pass code still in the case, it turned out that it had already been used. So, out of curiosity I hit the purchase pass option to see if this game's online pass was the usual $10. Instead it told me that the pass cost negative 1 microsoft point, so OBVIOUSLY I'm gonna get it if they're going to pay me to take it. Then I went to actually buy it and it told me that I had insufficient funds in my account to purchase the pass, because suddenly the price had gone up to 4294967295 microsoft points!

Anybody have a few dollars I can borrow?

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

wat

In regards to that situation, THQ is donezo. Due to the auction of its properties, they are holding off any commercial profit probably until everything is absolutely final. Maybe when Crytek fully establishes Homefront, the online pass will either be brought back to its original price, free, or just removed.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

The online is worth it, dude. Trust me.

#4 Posted by fazzle (305 posts) -

@thephantomnaut: Yeah that's why I wanted to see how much the online pass was, or if it was even still there. It's not like I actually WANT to play this game online

#5 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@fazzle said:

@thephantomnaut: Yeah that's why I wanted to see how much the online pass was, or if it was even still there. It's not like I actually WANT to play this game online

It reminds me of downloading UMK3 on 360 but never buying it even way after the death of Midway. The pricing details were apparently 0MSP or something and then being restricted after trying to confirm.

#6 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Whatever you do, do not play Homefront. That abomination is a cancer upon gaming and will destroy the souls of mortal men.

6/10

#7 Edited by fazzle (305 posts) -

I don't even play GOOD FPSs, so yeah I'm not gonna play this either.

Although I did have a friend over who wanted to play it yesterday, and maybe it's just cause I'm not a shooter guy, but I don't see where all the hate for this game comes from. It looked perfectly competent.

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@fazzle said:

I don't even play GOOD FPSs, so yeah I'm not gonna play this either.

Although I did have a friend over who wanted to play it yesterday, and maybe it's just cause I'm not a shooter guy, but I don't see where all the hate for this game comes from. It looked perfectly competent.

The story is stupid and tries to hammer home the "THE HORROR...THE HORROR" aspect in the most ham-fisted way imaginable and it takes like 35 minutes to beat the story. And the multiplayer wasn't up to the standards of the other heavy-hitters in the genre.

Basically @ravenlight's assessment was accurate.

#9 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Whatever you do, do not play Homefront. That abomination is a cancer upon gaming and will destroy the souls of mortal men.

6/10

I love that an abominable cancer upon gaming still gets 6/10 from you. What's the verdict on a 2 or 3 out of 10?

#10 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

6/10

I love that an abominable cancer upon gaming still gets 6/10 from you. What's the verdict on a 2 or 3 out of 10?

abominable testicle cancer.

#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

6/10

Pretty sure he is referring to the insane amount of hate the game got from Giant Bomb, even though it got a 3/5. But lets be clear here, you shouldn't play this game, its not good.

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

Homefront could've been something. You know all Homefront really needed was like... two characters you gave a shit about. Forget all the 'oh it's so exploitative' nonsense, they would've ate that shit up if that game had two characters who were something more than just 3D models with gruff voices and guns.

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@zudthespud said:

@ravenlight said:

6/10

Pretty sure he is referring to the insane amount of hate the game got from Giant Bomb, even though it got a 3/5. But lets be clear here, you shouldn't play this game, its not good.

What are you talking about? 6/10 is the lowest score any game can receive.

#14 Edited by Abendlaender (2803 posts) -

Well, those THQ debts aren't gonna pay themselves.

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

6/10

You really don't see that he's kidding?

#16 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2384 posts) -

I think it happens when you view certain items that were delisted from the marketplace. Happened to me a few times.

#17 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

6/10

Something with clowns in it.