#1 Posted by spyder335 (289 posts) -

i really enjoyed the style and tone of the game, anyone know of any other super violent 8-bit games?

#2 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

I don't know any for sure, but this game was done by a guy named cactus and he puts out a ridiculous amount of games.

#3 Edited by chiablo (917 posts) -

Nuclear Throne is awesome. Imagine a post-apocalyptic Hotline Miami rogue-like. It's in early access and a bit rough around the edges though because it's in an alpha state.

I would also suggest Binding of Isaac if you like this kind of game.

#4 Posted by Pie (7073 posts) -

Teleglitch is pretty similar and pretty good

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Valis X.

#6 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3174 posts) -
#7 Edited by Brodehouse (9760 posts) -

Super Meat Boy might qualify. It's not necessarily violent, but it's bloody and would qualify as horror if if wasn't done with pixels and flash art.

Also has the fast-paced, die-restart-die-restart-die-restart style of gameplay.

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6226 posts) -

I don't know any for sure, but this game was done by a guy named cactus and he puts out a ridiculous amount of games.

A ridiculous amount of fucking ridiculous games too.

#9 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

A guy in another topic suggested Clean Asia! which is by Cactus. I guess it shares some stylistic similarities, but it's a bullet hell game. I've never played it, so I can't vouch for it's quality.

#10 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1806 posts) -

How about Pineapple Smash Crew?

#11 Edited by Blomakrans (148 posts) -

Binding of Isaac is fucking awesome. There's a 16 bit(?) remake coming of it next year with a free expansion, you should definitely get a hold of that.

#12 Posted by audioBusting (1488 posts) -

@pie said:

Teleglitch is pretty similar and pretty good

Hell yeah. You have to play Teleglitch more carefully, though, being a rogue-like-like and all.