#1 Edited by Hailinel (23928 posts) -

EDIT: A new trailer was just released featuring Zelda using her alternate weapon, the Wind Waker:

TORNADO ATTACKS!

So it has come to light that Zelda isn't actually a princess in Hyrule Warriors. She is a full-fledged queen this time around, which of course gives her full command of the whole Hyrulean army. Also, they released a new gameplay trailer for her:

#2 Posted by LikeaSsur (1495 posts) -

Was there ever a queen of Hyrule? I only remember a king.

Also, what Hyrulean army? It just looks like the characters in most of these videos.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36058 posts) -

The weird thing is that the trailer still says princess.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10908 posts) -

@video_game_king: Little known fact, Princess is actually her name. Queen Princess Zelda.

#5 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1532 posts) -

@likeassur: I believe she was about to be coronated as Queen before Zant invaded in Twilight Princess, though I think that was only ever confirmed in the strategy guide, a Brawl trophy, or something like that. I'm not sure if that implies that her father or mother passed away right before then, but in the game she's the effective monarch of Hyrule. (The titular princess is Midna.)

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23928 posts) -

Updated the OP with a new trailer. Zelda using the Wind Waker!

#7 Posted by CorruptedEvil (1793 posts) -

So weapons are character specific unlike the DW games where any character can use any weapon? That kinda sucks. Zelda just straight up punching dudes would be rad.

#8 Edited by Hailinel (23928 posts) -

So weapons are character specific unlike the DW games where any character can use any weapon? That kinda sucks. Zelda just straight up punching dudes would be rad.

Well, weapons in Dynasty Warriors only became non-character-specific in DW7, and even then, everyone has an EX Weapon. Most games in the other (Samurai, Warriors Orochi) restrict characters to single weapon types. In Hyrule Warriors, some characters have only one weapon type, but others have as many as four, and each one is entirely unique moveset. It's not about giving everyone the ability to wield every weapon, but to make every character unique.

#9 Posted by CorruptedEvil (1793 posts) -

@hailinel: I started with 7 but made an incorrect assumption that every DW game was like that. It still would be cool if there was a way to use any weapon on any character in this game though, even if it basically amounts to a model swap.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23928 posts) -

@hailinel: I started with 7 but made an incorrect assumption that every DW game was like that. It still would be cool if there was a way to use any weapon on any character in this game though, even if it basically amounts to a model swap.

Then there wouldn't be any uniqueness to the way that the characters play.

#11 Edited by MEATBALL (3077 posts) -

This game really needs Tetra now, or a Tetra outfit for Zelda.

#12 Posted by GunstarRed (5039 posts) -

I like how when they first showed this game when its name wasn't final that it almost seemed like a joke. It genuinely looks kinda incredible the more they show of it. Really weird in all the best ways.