Quick Look

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Coke

It's uploaded to the site now, but not on the frontpage or under "upcoming." If you want to watch it go here:

I dunno if this is frowned upon since they haven't flagged it as viewable yet.

@baillie said:

@coke: The MGS series has brought about the second coming of users finding the videos before they're posted. It's Persona 4 season all over again.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think the embargo is up

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reviews are going up all over the place(Eurogamer 8/10, Ploygon 5.5/10 are what I've seen so far), so embargo IS up.

Unless Nintendo is being Nintendo and is more restrictive to video stuff.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh lord that co-op performance.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

The video isn't listed on the front page and I doubt that the video embargo is up. Not that I expect much in the way of useful commentary coming out of the video, anyway.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Rowr

I'm guessing Nintendo had a fair bit of involvement in this game, it looks pretty cool in a lot of ways and fresher than i would expect from Koei alone. I can see this being pretty fun for younger kids anyway.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Damn. Those menus and UI. I didn't realize just how much of a Dynasty Warriors game this was until I saw that.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jim Sterling has a video up on his YouTube channel so I assume the embargo is up.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like DW to me. Looks fun in short bursts, but not enough to actually finish the game. The Zelda nostalgia would keep me playing longer than otherwise, but I doubt I'd ever see any kind of end game if I were to play it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Bollard

@coke said:

It's uploaded to the site now, but not on the frontpage or under "upcoming." If you want to watch it go here: http://v.giantbomb.com/2014/09/16/vf_hyrulewarriors_ql_091614_4000.mp4

I dunno if this is frowned upon since they haven't flagged it as viewable yet.

@baillie said:

@coke: The MGS series has brought about the second coming of users finding the videos before they're posted. It's Persona 4 season all over again.

Yeahhh not sure about posting those links, cause only Premium members are meant to have access to downloads. Maybe those links don't work for non-premium but I don't know.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mak_wikus: 5.5 from Polygon? And they gave Destiny a 6.0

Almost seems like they try to be overly negative to attract people to their reviews...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel

The Escapist, Game Informer, and Eurogamer have all given the game positive reviews.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By enemylandlord

@mak_wikus: 5.5 from Polygon? And they gave Destiny a 6.0

Almost seems like they try to be overly negative to attract people to their reviews...

I'd say it comes down more to the reviewers tastes. Also Destiny being a middling effort and to Hyrule Warriors being a dynasty warriors-like experience. To be fair I haven't played Hyrule Warriors but the Destiny review(s) was quite in line with my own view. If it's not in line with yours, that's cool too.

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: They can always delete this thread or the links. I don't mind. I just wanted to share the video.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16 chaser324  Moderator

The reviews seem to be all over the place which is to be expected. It's going to be very dependent on what level of affinity for Dynasty Warriors and Zelda the reviewer brings with them.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rowr

Ok watched it through, it looks suprisingly well done all things considered. I hope some of the reviewers can for a second realise that not every one has experience with the dynasty warriors series (worn down from it, they definitely drilled the point in this quicklook) and that it can be pretty fun if it's your first game of this type, especially with what look like some cool missions and loot.

As far as a fun little game for kids to play on the Nintendo system, seems great.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do reviewers mention fan-service as if it's a good thing, do people really like being pandered to that much?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel

@heyguys: People will come to the game expecting Zelda elements and fanservice. It's part of the appeal of a crossover like this.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Milkman

This seems like something that shouldn't be posted for a number of reasons.

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

This seems like something that shouldn't be posted for a number of reasons.

The moderators or staff can remove the thread if they see fit to. It's on the front page under the recent threads since it's being bumped more.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: I've flagged the OP due to the video links. They really should be removed.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I guess I've just never understood crossovers, they just seem like such naked marketing opportunities to me.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like crossover events, I like Dynasty Warriors, I like Zelda. I totally expect the GB crew to take dumps all over it, any chance they get. I don't need to watch them do it anymore than they did at PAX. And that's fine.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heyguys: Look at it this way. It's not much of a Zelda game if nothing recognizable from Zelda is actually present in the game.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

The video isn't listed on the front page and I doubt that the video embargo is up. Not that I expect much in the way of useful commentary coming out of the video, anyway.

Im not sure who did the Warriors Orochi Quick Look, I didnt risk it, but Ive watched most of this one and its more reasonable. Dan seems to have played the games recently, for review, and his Sister (who did Diablo 3 with him) is a big fan so he actually understands some of the appeal and isnt just shitting on it. He also read the text pop ups and looked at the map.

He isn't a fan really but at least he tried to play the game.

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I see where you're coming from. I know sometimes I don't have as much time to keep up with the videos posted day-by-day, so that's why I threw the link out there. Just convenience for the people that don't have as much time or that were looking forward to the video when it appeared on the 'coming up' feed before and then disappeared.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#28  Edited By UltorOscariot
Loading Video...

If there is a video embargo, Jim Sterling doesn't seem to give a crap about it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@pazy said:

@hailinel said:

Im not sure who did the Warriors Orochi Quick Look, I didnt risk it, but Ive watched most of this one and its more reasonable. Dan seems to have played the games recently, for review, and his Sister (who did Diablo 3 with him) is a big fan so he actually understands some of the appeal and isnt just shitting on it. He also read the text pop ups and looked at the map.

He isn't a fan really but at least he tried to play the game.

Yeah, it's actually a surprisingly fair QL. As someone that doesn't even care for these games that much anymore, yet at the same time never likes to see a franchise consistently getting shit on all the time, kudos to you @danryckert! You've helped to provide what is easily the most informative Warriors QL on the site.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: @milkman: Considering a mod posted in this thread and didn't raise an objection to it, I think it's fine.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Can't believe I'm saying this but I would totally play that game. The Zelda elements are enough to sucker me in, I suppose. Not enough to buy a Wii U for, though.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By rorie

This video isn't scheduled to go up yet, so please don't post links to it.