InFamous reviews are out : Beanie = Life

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh man, can't wait for tomorrow! So much that I almost feel like I have a flu building up, that would prevent me from doing anything else besides getting my preorder and sitting on the couch, playing vidjagamez...

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot wait either. Honey be prepared to be a inFamous widow.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Really excited for this one

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SingingMenstrual

This game will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine, when I buy a PS4 five years from now

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metro 6/10
Shacknews 7/10

Reading a couple reviews it seems like more of the same, but more polished and obviously better-looking.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

I guess the people most down on it are annoyed it doesn't do much more than the first two, but since I barely played the first two (well, not the second at all) then I should be good.

Between this, Yakuza Ishin, and Ground Zeroes, my PS4 should get a resurgence in use outside of Netflix. Waiting for a price drop on GZ though.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Glad to see it reviewed well. I loved the first two Infanous games, so I can't wait to play this.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Played the first and had a good time. Definitely going to buy this after DS2.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Looks like more or less what I want out of another inFamous game. It's a shame they didn't get better at telling a story through moral choices, but I have The Witcher for that. The best thing about inFamous was always how much fun the controls and powers were to use.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I guess the summary for the reviews can be "You like the first two? You'll love this one. Plus graphics are great."

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@turboman said:

I guess the summary for the reviews can be "You like the first two? You'll love this one. Plus graphics are great."

That's totally fine by me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

My main interest in the game is seeing it in motion. It looks really pretty but underneath it all its still very much an infamous game and boy oh boy do I hate the first two infamous games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@turboman said:

That's totally fine by me.

Indeedly!

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it looks amazing, those particle effects and lightning are really nice. And the faces are really good too, you can see what kind of emotion they show but not with that uncanny valley feel like in heavy rain and beyond two souls or la noire.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouch seems like every Rev3 review I see is so critical. Not that's a bad thing but was it really that "mundane" to them?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

@solh0und said:

Ouch seems like every Rev3 review I see is so critical. Not that's a bad thing but was it really that "mundane" to them?

Eh, Adam Sessler. Really sucks that Max left; ever since then I've been checking out their videos less and less... Tara's still pretty cool at least, but she's kinda it. Can't say I find anyone else on there to be especially likeable.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Sounds like this will be awesome for someone like me, only played 1-2 hours of the original infamous.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam seemed disappointed as fuck with second son, but I don't care. I'm still getting the game tomorrow so it doesn't matter. I think I might walk to walmart early in the mourning to pick it up, before I take the hike to work.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By awesomeusername

WARNING: DO NOT click on IGN's review. I heard they spoiled the rest of the powers. So actively avoid clicking anything from them.

Just a little less then a day until I can play this bad boy. Stupid GameStop with no midnight release. Although I have to blame my area because not enough pre-orders but screw both of you! I'm really thinking about not going to my math class and coming right back home to pop this in. A year wait was enough. I don't think I could handle another 4 hours after picking it up to play.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WARNING: DO NOT click on IGN's review. I heard they spoiled the rest of the powers. So actively avoid clicking anything from them.

Just a little less then a day until I can play this bad boy. Stupid GameStop with no midnight release. Although I have to blame my area because not enough pre-orders but screw both of you! I'm really thinking about not going to my math class and coming right back home to pop this in. A year wait was enough. I don't think I could handle another 4 hours after picking it up to play.

Now I'm glad that I skipped the article. I was going to read it, but I told myself I would regret it.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgnosticJesus

It's a day one purchase for me but there does seem to be a lot of mixed reviews out there for the game. Not an issue for me if it's more of the same, enjoyed the first Infamous, skipped the second, so I'm not burnt out on the game mechanics.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played about 2 hours of it today, looks real nice, everyone so far seems to not like the story or the characters but they havent bothered me yet, the climbing feels off. Overall im liking it and would say to anybody with a PS4 check it out but dont buy a PS4 for it.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By awesomeusername

@falserelic: Good thing I checked PlayStationLifeStyle first. One guy pointed it out & wasn't happy that IGN spoiled it. Pretty stupid of them to do that. I'm going to take a peek at who reviewed it so I can see if people are complaining to them on Twitter. Here's hoping I don't glance & see the next powers!

Fucking hell, this site in mobile is awful.

Guy named Vince Ingenito is the reviewer. Good thing I didn't see anything. What an idiot. Now to check his Twitter.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read it and was pissed! Damn you IGN!!! Oh well. I'll still play it and love it. Good to see positive reviews. It's also nice to see some criticism for more of the same from Sucker Punch. The jump from Sly Cooper to inFamous was so unexpected and cool I'm excited to see something different from them.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

@awesomeusername said:

Now I'm glad that I skipped the article. I was going to read it, but I told myself I would regret it.

I regretted it, but mostly because I scrolled too far accidentally read comments on an IGN article. I need a shower. I don't recall them talking about powers other than smoke and neon. Maybe I missed it, or they edited it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think the more "realistic" art direction has made this series less interesting , I miss the comic book style of the first game, Will keep on reading more reviews (not that I can afford a PS4 and this game right now anyway)

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@aetheldod: I think that's a good point (I haven't started Second Sons yet, so who knows)

I really liked how in the first game that each district had a certain enemy type that resembled the boss of the district. I was a fan of the guys that dressed themselves in garbage.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Steadying

Really disappointing to hear they're still clinging to that crappy morality system. Also, I wonder if you're constantly getting shot at in this one as well. That's something that bothered me to no end in the original InFamous (though I seem to remember you being able to put a stop to that?)

I might eventually pick this up, if only because there's not much else out on PS4 that I'm interested in right now, and won't be for quite some time.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beanies are life, Skinny Jeans are hometown.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xyzygy

I was expecting around an 80 average, so no shockers on the scores. I am just disappointed that Sucker Punch doesn't seem to be improving on the variety in their games. It does get really repetitive to play through their games, although at the base they're solid.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SingingMenstrual

@amyggen said:

@sooty said:

I guess the people most down on it are annoyed it doesn't do much more than the first two, but since I barely played the first two (well, not the second at all) then I should be good.

Having only played (and beaten) the first one, what do you guys think "doing more" would be?

I'm just curious about the kinds of directions and gameplay innovations that were, lets say, expected or hoped for, in this new game? Any inFamous fans to answer?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Humanity

@solh0und said:

It kinda is mundane, or the third time around it is anyway. I really enjoyed the second game but even then the formula was started to get a little stale by halfway mark. From what unread this is the same game again, except your powers get a palette swap.

For those that just want more of the same that's great. For people like myself, and Rev3 I suppose, expected a little more. But it's all taste of course - people look at Ground Zeros and see just more Metal Gear, but I'm super excited to just be part of the experience again.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By spraynardtatum

Do you know what Infamous needs? Flying.

Flying would be a game changer.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AMyggen

@singingmenstrual: I have no idea, I'm no game designer. Maybe improve on the morality system would be a big thing for me. It was the weakest aspect of the first two games for me, being extremely binary and bordering on a parody of a morality system (will you KILL this guy, or will you SAVE him...with colors). That was always something I found dumb so I had hoped for some shades of grey in this one, doesn't seem so. That would be a part of the game where innovation would've interested me greatly.

Also, from the footage that has been released thus far, the combat and the way you move around town seems extremely similar to the first two games. That might change later in game, I don't know. But for being a superhero game I felt that the first two games too often became a cover based third person shooter with magic instead of weapons, which always made the combat a bit of a let down for me. So I hope that's vastly improved.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By csl316

Great. Screw that Saturday night party, I bought a PS4 for this and the first two games were some of my favorites of last-gen. Can't wait to blow the weekend on it.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The most important thing I've found from all of the reviews is that it sounds like it's exactly the game I wanted and was expecting, so I'm pretty damn excited for my copy to turn up (it should do so any minute now :D).

It's going to interesting to see what that first true "next gen" game that blows us all away will actually be. Will Watch_Dogs deliver on that (I don't think it will, but hopefully it'll be super fun)? Hopefully E3 shows some promise heading into the second half of this year.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@meatball said:

The most important thing I've found from all of the reviews is that it sounds like it's exactly the game I wanted and was expecting, so I'm pretty damn excited for my copy to turn up (it should do so any minute now :D).

This is my mindset as well. I wanted more Infamous and it sounds like that's what I'm getting.

SOLO323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

day 1 patch adds 5 hours of gameplay picking mines up tomarrow

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just "pre-ordered" a digital copy lol, won't be able to play until tomorrow night but it looks like a great game from what i've seen. Finally a good next gen game besides 2k to own on my ps4 lol.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck it, I just went ahead and pre-ordered it off of psn. I thought it would be available at midnight, but I was wrong.