Infamous Second Son - 5 min of new gameplay

• 65 results
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Feh. I don't know that the inFamous formula can sustain a third game.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It looks like a nice looking inFamous game. The powers are so similar though, they just seem like reskins of what Cole could already do... even the new purple attacks look the same but glowy.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Nodima

I've played two inFamous games. I've played 10 Maddens and 8 NCAAs and 8 NBA 2Ks and four Burnouts and five Grand Theft Autos and six WWII FPS' and four Gran Turismos and ......

Until inFamous is more synonymous with "bad" than "good", I'll be just fine waiting for the game to actually be in my hands before I label it disappointing. This was obviously one of the first missions of the game judging by the dialogue, and it will have been nearly three years since the last inFamous game by the time this releases. Who's tired of something they haven't done for three years?

I suppose maybe people who played Prototype, Crackdown, Saints Row IV, etc. But that's on y'all, not me. I wait for the kings.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Looks fun. I can't wait to see what powers they have under wraps.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

something about the floatiness out of a vent and then grappling onto a ledge reminds me exactly how infamious 1 and 2 played.

But I kinda wish it had that comic bookiness "hey pose for camera" or Zeke, and those wonderful comic book pannel art. YOU KNOW, That was the best thing this past gen, the 2d art was so appealing to fully rendered CG or even in game cinematics.

God, Infamious reminds me of 90s comics, like Mark Bagley drawing Spideman vs Venom VS Carnage.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

So uh? No power meters? No scrambling to charge up between battle? his power is from the graffiti?

Juzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This was very underwhelming. I hope it was just the players fault.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@humanity said:

@xyzygy said:

@artisanbreads said:

@xyzygy said:

Am a little surprised at how similar it looks to the other ones though, you'd think with a new protagonist you'd have like a new set of skills...

Apparently you can switch between a few different power sets that you acquire as the game goes on. So this "fire" type one is just one of them. I heard there was the same electricity power set that Cole had in the last games. So we will see but sounds like there will be some diversity.

But what I mean is that through this whole video he was using the fire set, and even with the fire set the powers look like the electricity set but with a red filter.

Yah it's a shame they're scared to deviate from the formula. Even the way he jumps and moves is very similar to how the past tow games played. That said I'm sure it will be fun, but I also wish it was a more striking departure from previous inFamous titles.

I feel you guys but maybe there will be some variation.

Either way it will be fun but yeah it definitely looks like "More inFamous". I'd have fun with that but yeah it wouldn't make me run out to get a PS4 at release.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not sold but looks pretty cool..want to see more destructible environments as well as what kind of enemy variety this has.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By RonGalaxy

Infamous with better graphics is a good thing... A very good thing. So glad this series is getting another entry; it wasnt super successful, but 1 and 2 were so fucking well made. One of the funnest times I had last generation

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@xyzygy said:

I really hate that dumb attitude that these characters always have. IMO Sucker Punch was never good at characters.

You do realize these are the fine folks that brought you Sly Cooper and his pals? Please tell me you didn't up until now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@snail said:
@xyzygy said:

I really hate that dumb attitude that these characters always have. IMO Sucker Punch was never good at characters.

You do realize these are the fine folks that brought you Sly Cooper and his pals? Please tell me you didn't up until now.

You're right about that, but inFamous 1 and 2 both had awful awful characters throughout.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I really enjoyed the first inFamous, hopefully this is more like that than inFamous 2.

In the end I think I enjoyed the first inFamous more than the second one (though I loved both).

Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing what made you like the first one more?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

0:30. You ally tackles the bad guy, the other bad guy doesn't shoot your or react in any way, despite you being clearly in front of him.

1:40. The bad guys start shooting at the crowd, the crowd takes its sweet time to react.

Uuuh.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By TobbRobb

Maaaan, I was decently hyped for this a few days ago, but fuck if this doesn't look insanely boring. And the voice acting is stiff and disjointed. "Not really saying anything about the actor here, feels like an animation to voice problem and/or direction"