• 52 results
Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but sometimes there are things that are just too far fetched and take away from my enjoyment of the game. E.g., the other day I was playing online as Superman and a Joker beat me. Does anyone really think that Joker can beat Superman in real life? C'mon, Joker doesn't stand a chance against Superman irl, yet in this game it happens a lot. This is assuming, of course, that Joker doesn't have any kryptonite.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

wut

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but neither The Joker or Batman exist in real life.

The easter bunny doesn't exist either.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you fucking payed attention to the plot, you would know they all had nanomachine pills that put them on the same level as Superman.

The game is completely realistic.

Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Omelet_Pants

If you fucking payed attention to the plot, you would know they all had nanomachine pills that put them on the same level as Superman.

No, I haven't played story mode yet, only online. So whatever you're talking about from the story doesn't apply to online. They should probably just take Superman out of the game to make the fights more realistic.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ltsmash

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but sometimes there are things that are just too far fetched and take away from my enjoyment of the game. E.g., the other day I was playing online as Superman and a Joker beat me. Does anyone really think that Joker can beat Superman in real life? C'mon, Joker doesn't stand a chance against Superman irl, yet in this game it happens a lot. This is assuming, of course, that Joker doesn't have any kryptonite.

This is comics! The Joker can and has beaten Superman:

Comic Vine: Emperor Joker

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of this is real, its a superhero game, unless there's a superman in real life that's flying around that I'm not aware of. Plus who cares as long as the game is fun.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Nanomachines, Son.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

People can't even run that fast, Flash.

Immersion broken.

Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltsmash said:

@omelet_pants said:

This is comics! The Joker can and has beaten Superman:

Comic Vine: Emperor Joker

Thanks for the link, but that story you cite involves some complicated scenarios. I'm just talking about a 1v1 straight up fight... there's no realistic scenario where Joker beats Superman irl.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In real life. Nice troll my friend.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Grade A troll... at least I hope so.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a fighting game with superhero characters were you really expecting realism? I guess you could also say theres no way Harley Quinn would ever fight against the joker no matter how much pain he inflicted on her, so thats unrealistic. Batman can't survive a punch around the world from Flash. The whole game is unrealistic.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not everyone who is 12 is a troll, but everyone who trolls sounds like a 12 year old.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I just read a comic where The Beatles gave the Earth sentience by singing yellow submarine so the Earth could fight off the Death planet Chronos. This is fairly realistic in comparison.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

If you mean "who would win in a fight" then Penny Arcade had a comic about that and you should take it to Comic Vine.

If you meant the question literally then I have some bad news for you.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@omelet_pants: I fucking love your angle. Fuck, you're so right!

Now. You put a HUD on the screen, and make it First Person. With a Pick 10 Loadout customization. Have David S. Goyer write the script. And mention China and Russia every couple of cutscenes.

I love your angle so much. Joker could totally take Superman.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@secondpersonshooter said:

No, I haven't played story mode yet, only online. So whatever you're talking about from the story doesn't apply to online. They should probably just take Superman out of the game to make the fights more realistic.

Your fault for discussing the realism without doing the slightest bit of research into the canon.

The writers are geniuses, you just didn't give them the time of day to explain themselves.

scum

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Not everyone who is 12 is a troll, but everyone who trolls sounds like a 12 year old.

That is some deep philosophical shit right there!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really agree with this assessment. The Venn diagram of trolls and 12-year-olds has the kids solidly in the middle of the troll space.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#23  Edited By audioBusting

@omelet_pants said:

What do you think makes the comics' story more valid than the game's story in determining the "realism" of the fights, when neither is in the online mode? The fighting characters in the game is derived from both the game's story and the comics' story, so shouldn't both be equally valid, even if you haven't looked into one or the other? I don't read the comic books or the game's story, but "nanomachines" sounds legit enough for me as a comic-book-story excuse.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

What?

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By clumsyninja1

Aren't comics unrealistic...

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dude ikr, superman would beat the shit out of batman irl

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By triple07

Is that really how they explain it? Because if so that's fucking amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just add Goku.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm pretty deep.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but neither The Joker or Batman exist in real life.

The easter bunny doesn't exist either.

My whole life is a lie!

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Sounds reasonable to me.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@triple07 said:

Is that really how they explain it? Because if so that's fucking amazing.

Yes. They're made with Kryptonian technology that was disseminated by World Leader Superman to give to his superhero lackeys, but were stolen by guerrilla leader Batman.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The Joker always uses kryptonite against Superman. It's been said he has several tons of kryptonite at his disposal.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You want realism in a video game based on comic characters?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scrawnto

@omelet_pants said:

Your fault for discussing the realism without doing the slightest bit of research into the canon.

The writers are geniuses, you just didn't give them the time of day to explain themselves.

scum

Woah there! It's true that he disregarded the story, and that's silly, but I think calling the writers "geniuses" is a bit of an overstatement.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omelet_pants said:

scum

Woah there! It's true that he disregarded the story, and that's silly, but I think calling the writers "geniuses" is a bit of an overstatement.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like turtles.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NegativeCero

Try harder next time.

Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levio said:

The Joker always uses kryptonite against Superman. It's been said he has several tons of kryptonite at his disposal.

Well, as far as I can tell, he doesn't use it during his fights in the game. You expect me to believe that his punches, kicks, and even pipes actually hurt Superman??? LOL

Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Omelet_Pants

@omelet_pants said:

scum

Well if you're telling me that they take nanomachine pills to be on the same level as Superman, then there's no reason for me to research canon b/c that's a ridiculous story. Just think about that for a minute. You can take a pill and be as strong as Superman??? LOL, can I have some please?

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpaceRunaway

I don't know what this face I'm making is, but my mouth, eyes, and brow are all basically touching my nose right now.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what this face I'm making is, but my mouth, eyes, and brow are all basically touching my nose right now.

hot

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read a comic where The Beatles gave the Earth sentience by singing yellow submarine so the Earth could fight off the Death planet Chronos. This is fairly realistic in comparison.

If you read Paul McCartney's autobiography, you'd know that that shit totally happened.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you wanted it to be realistic you'd have to take out all the characters from the Batman comics.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

This was an unfortunate way to package a thread that's really about the believability of a comic book story which is inherent with caveats concerning that very subject. While comic book enthusiasts and others can have hours of "fun" debating that stuff and certainly an honest question, the choice of words here is almost too perfect to pass up.

I kind of love and hate this thread all at the same time.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent thread... at first I facepalmed and then I read it.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dude its a fighting game we cant be having superman win every god damn match. its got to be an interesting fighting game first then a comic book fan pleaser.

but this game seems like a pretty shitty fighting game so i totally agree with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because in reality, as in real life, if someone is born near a different sun, they can shoot lasers out of their eyes when they're near our sun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

lol