Ultimate Edition confirmed PS4, PC, Vita [X1 Unlikely]

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Also confirmed for PS3, and 360. No Wii U or X1 announced, and when asked whether there would be releases on those consoles, Ed Boon tweeted "I wouldn't get rid of your 360 game disc's yet"

SOURCE

I'm so freaking excited that this has finally been confirmed. Day one purchase on the PS4. Hopefully they've made the already beautiful graphics even nicer and in 1080P. I also wonder what the set back is that is causing it not to be released on the X1.

No Caption Provided

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

Also confirmed for PS3, and 360. No Wii U or X1 announced, and when asked whether there would be releases on those consoles, Ed Boon tweeted "I wouldn't get rid of your 360 game disc's yet"

SOURCE

I'm so freaking excited that this has finally been confirmed. Day one purchase on the PS4. Hopefully they've made the already beautiful graphics even nicer and in 1080P. I also wonder what the set back is that is causing it not to be released on the X1.

I'm gonna guess a setback called lots of money from Sony to NetherRealm/WBI, given that they're coming out with Vita and PS4.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

@liquidprince said:

SOURCE

I'm gonna guess a setback called lots of money from Sony to NetherRealm/WBI, given that they're coming out with Vita and PS4.

I dunno, could be... but that seems a little unbelievable given the fact that it's also out on 360.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mrfluke

@liquidprince said:

@punkxblaze said:

@liquidprince said:

SOURCE

I dunno, could be... but that seems a little unbelievable given the fact that it's also out on 360.

and the port is being outsourced to high voltage software, so i imagine this port isn't the most expensive of projects. especially with the ps4 having very pc like internals

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I'll double dip on the Vita when it gets cheap enough.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Huh, I didn't get this on PS3, but I might actually buy it on PS4 just to have a fighting game.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Great, this is exactly what I was waiting for. I can finally play Injustice when this comes out.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: "High Voltage Games"

Oh boy...From the guys that brought you the "amazing" Silent Hill HD Collection: We Cleaned Up The Town Edition and a subpar ZoE collection... This is going to be a disaster.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrfluke

@nekroskop said:

Oh boy...From the guys that brought you the "amazing" Silent Hill HD Collection: We Cleaned Up The Town Edition and a subpar ZoE collection... This is going to be a disaster.

not really, they also had a hand in the current gen injustice games, as they were very prominently in the credits.

i get the impression that this game was kind of cheap to make, as to me it seems netherealm only did the fighting system and high voltage did the presentation.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mrfluke said:

@nekroskop said:

not really, they also had a hand in the current gen injustice games, as they were very prominently in the credits.

i get the impression that this game was kind of cheap to make, as to me it seems netherealm only did the fighting system and high voltage did the presentation.

Also MK 9 PC (also by High Voltage) was a very good port.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: The singleplayer is absolutely excellent, multiplayer was fun for a month and is pretty balanced except for the top 5 characters which are all ridiculously broken; Superman is a tier all by himself.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By jeff

The two most likely scenarios are:

1) Microsoft hasn't cleared the Xbox One version of the game to be announced, but WBIE felt they were running out of time to promote this new release and announced without it (I'm not sure what Microsoft's title approval rules are at the moment, though).

2) Microsoft isn't interested in having "old" games appear on the console at launch, which would tie into the "unless you do something exclusive for our version of the game, we're not interested in a late port" mentality that both Sony and Microsoft have exhibited in the past, though I think that's primarily happened with downloadable games.

Either way it seems like a strange omission since they're already doing the work for a PC/PS4 release. No Wii U seems slightly less strange, since I bet the original release didn't sell all that well there (and it was missing features, which was sort of crappy).

TWISTEDH34T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By TWISTEDH34T

Does this mean no more DLC is coming for the game? :(

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

@jeff: If it's option one, then I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out soon after the other versions. If it's option two, then Microsoft is losing out on a great game for a stupid reason. Maybe they think Killer Instinct will cover their fighting game bases.

@twistedh34t They can still release DLC afterwards. In fact I think they will be, unless something has been announced since the last time that I checked their news streams.