What should this have been called?

• 78 results
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

I tend to agree with Ryan's assessment on today's Bombcast that Injustice: Gods Among Us is a terrible fucking name for a fighting game about DC Characters. I figured it'd be fun to put the branding focused collective mind of the Giant Bomb community to come up with a better name for it, that doesn't make it sound anywhere near as bland, and gives you an idea of what it actually is.

I'll start with a couple of shitty ideas:

• Let's Kill Superman
  • DC Universe vs DC Universe

My ideas are bad, I got nowhere near enough DC knowledge, or fighting game knowledge, so I turn this fun little exercise over to you...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Batman Vs. Superman.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Detective Comics: The Fighting Game

I like Injustice, how about that.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Punchfight Hero Megabattle 3D: Punches Among Us.

But really, I actually like the name.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Tighty-tights Fighter

looks like a pretty good game actually

sevenLiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sevenLiter

Solomon Grundy's Pound-House Party

DC All-Stars vs. Lame-Stars

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

"Stay Down" I'm Batman: the game

4k posts woo!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yo, Batman is in this game. (and some other superheros too)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Super DC Heroes Hyper Fighting Turbo

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc arena

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC vs. DC: Injustice League

And then the cover is evil Superman and evil Batman raising an eyebrow at you, like, "Injustice? Get it??"

...Marketing is not a very subtle field.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortal Kombat 10

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#13  Edited By joey

DC Locos Fighting Tacos Surpreme

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

BatShock: Infinite

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

DCU: Electric Boogaloo

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

DC Universe: Fight Club

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stiff animation. Ft. Superman

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By DarkShaper

I think just calling it Justice League: Gods Among Us would have been better.But the best possible name would be Justice League Task Force 2

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jams

DC Heroes: Marvel at their might!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

DC: Punching and Kicking Time.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By JBG4

Mortal Kombat: Batman Arkham Edition (people love those Arkham games, right? RIGHT?)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Batman vs. Superman: Fighting Is Magic

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Ghostiet

Crisis On Infinite Arenas

B|

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#24  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Immortal Kombat?

No, wait... Detective Komics: Infinite Krisis. Done.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Superman's Super Punchout!!!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

DC Universe: Battle of Gods

Something like that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Kim Jong: Or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Superman

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DC Presents Who Would Win in a Fight?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Superheros in: Just Us

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is a great name. I think having DC or Marvel in the title of the game is just a dumb way of trying to get people to notice the game.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rowr

@ssully said:

I think it is a great name. I think having DC or Marvel in the title of the game is just a dumb way of trying to get people to notice the game.

Ummm, kind of the point.

If a big fan of DC comics who also like to game the games hears the name "injustice: gods among us" or whatever, it doesn't tell them at all that it's a product they might be interested in. I guarantee this game would sell hundred of thousands of copies more if it was clearly stated as a DC fighting game.

They should of just gone with DC HEROES : BATMAN VS SUPERMAN.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jimbo

Deadly Combat

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

@ssully said:

Ummm, kind of the point.

If a big fan of DC comics who also like to game the games hears the name "injustice: gods among us" or whatever, it doesn't tell them at all that it's a product they might be interested in. I guarantee this game would sell hundred of thousands of copies more if it was clearly stated as a DC fighting game.

A big fan of DC who also plays games (let's be honest, that's most of them) is going to know this game exists from all the advertising it's had in DC comics and the (excellent) prequel comic series.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MedalOfMode

Communism: Even Joker Can Kill Superman

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a problem with it. I kinda see Ryans point but I mean, what do you call it that doesn't also sound kinda dumb? DC Rumble? Clash of Heroes? Batman Punches Everyone In The Face? (actually I kinda like that one)

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By notdavid

Super Friends Fuck Shit Up.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rowr

@mariachimacabre said:

@rowr said:

@ssully said:

Ummm, kind of the point.

A big fan of DC who also plays games (let's be honest, that's most of them) is going to know this game exists from all the advertising it's had in DC comics and the (excellent) prequel comic series.

I'm a big fan of DC characters, i don't read many comics regularly, and i never saw any advertising for this. Fair enough i'm sure some did (and i bet they referred to it after as "that game where you play as batman characters" or something similar) but i'm sure i'm not alone here.

I read the title of the game about 15 times on the internet before i finally clicked an article to see what it actually was, and then i was still confused by the dumb name, the next time i saw the title of it again a few months later i'd forgotten what it was again.

Seriously they should of just called it DC Heroes or something, and i would have immediately known what it was and been excited for it.

It's just a weak name for what is a solid and super marketable concept.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Batman Superman

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@rowr said:

@ssully said:

Ummm, kind of the point.

I'm a big fan of DC characters, i don't read many comics regularly, and i never saw any advertising for this. Fair enough i'm sure some did (and i bet they referred to it after as "that game where you play as batman characters" or something similar) but i'm sure i'm not alone here.

I read the title of the game about 15 times on the internet before i finally clicked an article to see what it actually was, and then i was still confused by the dumb name, the next time i saw the title of it again a few months later i'd forgotten what it was again.

Seriously they should of just called it DC Heroes or something, and i would have immediately known what it was and been excited for it.

But that's the thing. The people who loved MK9 will buy this because it's advertised as "From the creators of Mortal Kombat", and the people who love DC stuff (and it goes very inside-baseball with the characters and their backgrounds) will know because DC has been marketing the hell out of this game for months now. They have their two main audiences covered right there. Everyone else will see the cover and go "Oh cool a super hero fighting game." And DC Heroes is a generic-ass game that sounds like a Free-To-Play Facebook game instead of a $60 boxed product.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Krullban

Mortal Kombat X: Arkham Asylum

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SSully

@rowr said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@rowr said:

@ssully said:

Ummm, kind of the point.

Fair reason's for all, but I still don't think every single thing related to DC, Marvel, or even individual super heroes should be required to have the respective name on it. Kingdom Come is a great super man comic that is fairly high regarded, but it doesn't say DC's OLD MAN SUPERMAN AND GANG PLUS OTHER OLD MAN GHOST on the cover. Pardon my shitty example, but it's the best I got.

It's just silly to give a game shit because it's name doesn't have a certain branding. Injustice: God's Among Us says plenty about the game. Marketing, the box cover, dedicated comic fans, and video game fans are more then enough to net in all the potential customers. Having the game name say DC or something else in it wouldn't push it that much further.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@ssully said:

@rowr said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@rowr said:

@ssully said:

Ummm, kind of the point.

Fair reason's for all, but I still don't think every single thing related to DC, Marvel, or even individual super heroes should be required to have the respective name on it. Kingdom Come is a great super man comic that is fairly high regarded, but it doesn't say DC's OLD MAN SUPERMAN AND GANG PLUS OTHER OLD MAN GHOST on the cover. Pardon my shitty example, but it's the best I got.

It's just silly to give a game shit because it's name doesn't have a certain branding. Injustice: God's Among Us says plenty about the game. Marketing, the box cover, dedicated comic fans, and video game fans are more then enough to net in all the potential customers. Having the game name say DC or something else in it wouldn't push it that much further.

I wish Blackest Night was just called " DC COMICS PRESENTS: SPACE ZOMBIES FIGHTING ALL THE OTHER LANTERN CORPS"

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC University: The Big Man Brawl

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Injustice: Reckoning

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

DC: Ungodly Heroes

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deathstriker666

Batsman and Supaman: The Fighting Game

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's a good name.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I think the existing title is actually an awesome name. It's refreshing to see a big game without a completely obvious title these days.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Thread Will Be Locked: Soon

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Pudge

Injustice League. I think someone already said it, but that is the perfect name for it. It's not hitting you over the head with the DC connection while still connecting the dots for slow people. I don't mind the title as it is, but I have to imagine that some people out there will have no idea that this is a DC Fighting Game.