Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Carryboy

Hey Duders,

Quite a simple one, how is this game? Is it any good?

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I haven't heard yet as it hasn't come out state side. The previous Shonen Jump fighting games weren't bad though. I wouldn't go off trying to take it to EVO or anything but for fans of the Shonen Jump titles they were pretty great.

Ruukie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Just picked it up today I am so confused it seems like you cant choose a character its only random...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I had some friends that imported this last year. I think the fighting is needlessly complex, kinda confusing, and not very fun. But from a pure fan service perspective there's something to like there. Personally I only have experience with the versus mode, but I saw my friends play the story and it seemed more involved than I expected.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really a fanservice game. If you love a lot of Jump series, there's probably fun to be had. If you don't, or only care for like one of the series represented, it'll probably be pretty mediocre.

At least, that's the vibe I've always gotten from people since it came out last year in Japan. I won't have my copy until Tuesday because damn you Bamco so I can't really speak to it too much. I know I'm personally gonna have a blast with it though.

Side note: If anyone is a cheap bastard like me and is getting the PS3 version, feel free to hit me up if you want to play online. (Would make a separate thread if I wasn't so sure everyone else is getting it on PS4 >.> )

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You really like the anime represented and find the idea of their characters fighting novel or exciting? Then you'll be fine. If you're just curious because the game has Vegeta in it (like me), then it's not good enough. Your call.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just want some wacky shit from Japan that isn't an RPG, so having just learned this exists, I'mma buy it.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't gotten to play much yet, but the one match I did was pretty fun. I can't decide whether I want a Jeff/Dan quick look because of the One Piece one they did, or a GBeast one because of the Naruto one they did.

@ruukie: Most of the fighters are locked at the beginning. There's only about a screens worth unlocked, and for some reason it starts you on the last screen. Left and Right triggers to change screens.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't dug it as much as the DS one, but it's alright I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've put a few hours in and got some of them there impressions.

What I posted earlier in the thread is pretty much true to how I'm finding the game. Initially I thought it was eh but after playing more and getting more familiar with the mechanics, I'm having a lot of fun.

Good:

• Lots of Shonen Jump characters and locales
  • Graphics are pretty good
  • All things considered, the online works really well for me. (And my internet is terrible)

Bad:

• Lots of fps drops and the game stutters at times. (I'm playing on PS3. Could be different on PS4) In particular the game locks up for a second sometimes when you send out your support character.
  • I wouldn't ever expect to call a game like this balanced but some characters are straight up broken. Some characters are really OP and others have ultimates damn near impossible to hit. (I'm looking at you, Gon.)
  • The story mode is awful
  • The translation job is pretty poor. For the most part it's serviceable but every so often I see something that's way wrong.
  • No training mode
  • The way you unlock characters is dumb

Neutral:

• No new content so if you own the Japanese version this is literally the same game.
  • Combat is very simple and easy to learn, but at the same time is too chaotic to really try to get great at. I was in a match and this one guy was clearly more skilled than me but once my teammate stepped in to help, the dude just got his ass beat and couldn't do much about it.

Overall I'm having a blast so far, but I can definitely see this game probably won't have a ton of mileage for people. There's certainly enough content to potentially give people a lot to do but I feel like many will get bored long before they get a chance to get to it. If you LOVE Shonen Jump (and I can't stress that enough, you really have to like a lot of the series represented) you'll probably have some fun. If you're just buying it because hey Goku is in it, you'll probably dislike it.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to check if this out near me.