#1 Edited by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -

So, anyone who's anyone remembers how great seaserpent was (specifically the wiki). It brought us such great pages as this:

That's Jeff's wiki page on the beta site. The repeated picture is a random Florida lawyer who everybody decided looked like Old Jeff.

Now, tonight my roommate and I were browsing nfl.com as we are wont to do when we come upon this gem in which a Florida man petitions the Jacksonville Jaguars to sign newly-released New York Jets quarterback and perennial media lightning rod Tim Tebow. He cites a bunch of bullshit and stupid reasons but that's not important.

If you motherfuckers haven't made the connection yet then let me make it for you:

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE ODDS OF THIS

YOU GUYS AM I LOSING MY MIND. WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW

#2 Posted by tkalsey (152 posts) -

He does look like old jeff...

#3 Posted by N7 (3572 posts) -

JOHN MORGAN THROWS DARK DOWN THE 30, THE 20, THE 10. IT'S CAUGHT! TOUCHDOWN!

#4 Posted by MikkaQ (10263 posts) -

Jeff is pulling a Biff Tannen or something.

#5 Posted by mlarrabee (2868 posts) -

The thing is, I'm nearly positive that guy cleans people's coke money, but I don't think Jeff would do that.

I don't think.

#6 Posted by RetroVirus (1455 posts) -

Wow, I can't believe that guy would actually pop up again in a somewhat relevant context.

#7 Edited by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

I've lived in central Florida my whole life. I've seen his commercials since kindergarten but I never realized how much he looks like Jeff.

#8 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

holy shit.

WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!

#9 Posted by Nicalranter (6 posts) -

WHERE'S MY SPORTS ALMANAC?!

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

He doesn't really look that much like Jeff.

#11 Posted by punkxblaze (2948 posts) -

There's always a Jeff, there's always a lighthouse...

#12 Edited by medacris (636 posts) -

@mikkaq: Suddenly imagining BTTF with Jeff as Biff Tannen, and all is well and wonderful in the universe.

Tangentally related, but nearby where I live, there is a 'Caravela' restaurant right around the corner from where a 'Dr. Gerstmann' works.

#13 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2178 posts) -

Mind not blown.

#14 Posted by TruthTellah (8409 posts) -

!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melif5gGVQ1r7a2bao1_400.gif

#15 Posted by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Somewhat relevant to what exactly? I listened to that whole clip...was there a big discussion about sports gambling and time travel recently that I missed?

#16 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Evil Jeff lives in Florida? Yeah that sounds about right.

#17 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

Sorcery! Sorcery, I say.

#18 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I fail to see the relevance.

#19 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@canteu said:

I fail to see the relevance.

Same. It's not mind blowing. It's barely coincidental.

#20 Edited by Wacomole (815 posts) -

Maybe I'm missing something fundamental here, but I'm not even in the slightest bit mind-blown.

This random guy that "everyone" says looks like Jeff (riiiight) turns up elsewere. OK. What's the biggie?

Is this one of these newfangled meme things that "da kidz" are so into these days?

#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Let the mind-blowing commence!
'crickets'

#22 Posted by AndrewB (7439 posts) -

@wacomole said:

Is this one of these newfangled meme things that "da kidz" are so into these days?

Well it is at least the second time his picture's shown up on the forums, so maybe? Does at least twice count as a meme? I think it should.

#23 Edited by 49th (2669 posts) -

Whoa, the picture of the real person is a real person!!!!111

#24 Posted by RazielCuts (2906 posts) -

@49th said:

#25 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1914 posts) -

@49th said:

Yea, I don't get it.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (8409 posts) -

@49th said:

heh. I think the odd detail is that the person lives in Florida, where Jeff's alter ego "Big Jeffrey" supposedly lives with Rosco, King of the Everglades.

#27 Posted by CaptainObvious (2992 posts) -

I don't get it.

#28 Edited by Abendlaender (2733 posts) -

Ha, that's pretty funny

#29 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -

AH, ME MIND!

#30 Posted by Daneian (1202 posts) -

I'm lost.

#31 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

Excuse me but I HAVE TO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!!

#32 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

The Jaguars really should take Tebow. The way that dude has been treated in the NFL is a goddamn travesty.

#33 Edited by alternate (2679 posts) -
#34 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Still waiting on the explanation for this one

#35 Edited by EXTomar (4445 posts) -

So is this guy "World-B" version of Jeff Gerstmann who instead of being captivated by the Sega Master System he turned to a life of lawyering and Christian football??

ps. I don't watch football but was Tebow any good? Or is this all part of the plot World-B Jeff has setup to draw in World-A Jeff to act?

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -

@alternate said:

You are about 2 years too late. These ads were running on twitch before TNT for a while (hell of a coincidence) and the chat was falling all over itself laughing.

May 2011 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31540977&postcount=39

Even this beat you by 6 months http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/jeff-and-ryans-future-selves-are-florida-lawyers-p-565307/

Being 'late' has nothing to do with it; it's the fact that this guy popped up again on a national stage in a relevant way. I remember the twitch ads and I remember that thread.

Christ, people. Have some fun once in a while.

#37 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -

haha, future jeff, you so crazy.

#38 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

@alternate said:

You are about 2 years too late. These ads were running on twitch before TNT for a while (hell of a coincidence) and the chat was falling all over itself laughing.

May 2011 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31540977&postcount=39

Even this beat you by 6 months http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/jeff-and-ryans-future-selves-are-florida-lawyers-p-565307/

Being 'late' has nothing to do with it; it's the fact that this guy popped up again on a national stage in a relevant way. I remember the twitch ads and I remember that thread.

Christ, people. Have some fun once in a while.

No need to cry, I wasn't chastising you for posting this again. The topic was "I'm about to blow your mind" and you didn't, some dude already did 2 years ago - a fact I was pointing out for those unfamiliar with "Future Jeff".

#39 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

RIP Seaserpent. Your pseudo-lawless shenanigans will be missed.