Jeff Gerstmann is a Reddit ★ ☆Superstar★ ☆ -_-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

A medium-medium rare spoiler for GTAV follows!

For future reference, this thread isn't about jeff saying something about women in gaming. Im just pointing out that reddit took something he said, and twisted it to mean something else (they made it seem like he was saying people who are complaining about the game being sexist havent played it, when he actually was saying no one is talking about the torture scene in GTAV because people bitch about spoilers)

So someone asked this^^^^^
So someone asked this^^^^^

Reddit did this^^^^^
Reddit did this^^^^^

Jeff Responds^^^^^
Jeff Responds^^^^^

Jeff Responds... Again^^^^^
Jeff Responds... Again^^^^^

Yup

Also, sometimes I hate the forum editor when it comes to images

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EXTomar

Yet more flame baiting links without their thoughts on a controversial topic. Yup.

Who is saying there is a "female problem in GTA"? People keep saying there are people out there who say there is a problem but who are saying "There is a problem"? I ask that because I still don't know what "the problem" is beyond vague grumblings. There was a thread floating around mentioning that it was time for a GTA with a woman as the main character but that isn't the same thing. Do they mean the scene where a strong character breaks down the moment the player shows up? That is just weak writing and the inherent incoherent issue with GTA games where I feel the writers didn't set it up properly and that isn't it either.

Instead, it seems to me a handful of anonymous people who know what the controversial topics are want to stir up a controversy just to see what happens instead of actually find out what Jeff's thoughts are. And here we are with people upvoting and posting the controversy. All according to their plan I suppose....

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshwent

Jeff Gerstmann, the most rational man in gaming. So many times I wish he'd be a bit more vocal and put himself out there more about these issues, because he has a calm logic, passion for games as a developing medium, and critical distance that almost none of the other "journalists" working today have. But then, I guess he wouldn't be Jeff anymore.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@joshwent said:

Jeff Gerstmann, the most rational man in gaming. So many times I wish he'd be a bit more vocal and put himself out there more about these issues, because he has a calm logic, passion for games as a developing medium, and critical distance that almost none of the other "journalists" working today have. But then, I guess he wouldn't be Jeff anymore.

Wait until you argue with him about the existence of Shmooo.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

I think you guys are missing the point... Reddit twisted jeffs tumblr answer to mean something that it didnt actually mean. That's the point of this thread...

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fattony12000
Loading Video...

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MideonNViscera

I'm still unclear as to how the gender of fictional characters in fictional stories matters.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ThunderSlash

@fattony12000 said:
Loading Video...

That song always reminds me of Shrek. Well... it's either Shrek or Rat Race.

THANKS OP FOR THIS QUALITY THREAD.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't like that MRA is an insult and a dirty word.

Using it in a derogatory fashion is the same as using "feminist" in a derogatory fashion.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh boy, are people going to misinterpret this thread and start arguing about women in gaming? Uh-ohhhh!!

LiquidPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The problem is the game justifies actions male characters do with some level of effort while female characters are lazily written as "just women". It's lazy, misogynistic, and a big blemish on an otherwise fun game.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

@naru_joe93 said:

oh boy, are people going to misinterpret this thread and start arguing about women in gaming? Uh-ohhhh!!

Well it doesn't help when you just post screen grabs of comments and no opinion of your own to accompany them. Why don't you help the 'misinterpretation' and tell us what your intentions were for making this thread? May clear up some of the 'confusion' that this isn't just another one of those flamebait 'sexism in games' threads.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, people are totally misinterpreting this thread.... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH READ THE FUCKIN PICTURES I POSTED

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It must be a nightmare sometimes to have any sort of profile in this or any other industry. You have to be so clear about what you mean or people will just be desperate to use your credibility to back up their own shitty views.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RonGalaxy

@naru_joe93 said:

Well it doesn't help when you just post screen grabs of comments and no opinion of your own to accompany them. Why don't you help the 'misinterpretation' and tell us what your intentions were for making this thread? May clear up some of the 'confusion' that this isn't just another one of those flamebait 'sexism in games' threads.

If people read past the first screen grab and saw Jeff's reaction's, shouldn't it be obvious? Why even post if they arent going to look at the pictures?

Anyway, I spelled it out so people wouldn't jump at the opportunity to argue about something

LiquidPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you made a thread to tell us reddit is full of morons?

We already know. Go back there.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scampbell

I really don't understand why anyone would misunderstand this, it seems pretty clear as long as you actually read it. Sadly misunderstanding comments is really prevelent in our low attention span society.

Sometimes on purpose.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By mrfluke

Loading Video...

Mystery Men was/still is an awesome movie.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you guys are missing the point... Reddit twisted jeffs tumblr answer to mean something that it didnt actually mean. That's the point of this thread...

I think you missed the point that "Reddit" just wants to see a controversy and you played into it by posting this.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RonGalaxy

So you made a thread to tell us reddit is full of morons?

We already know. Go back there.

I mean, that isn't the main point of the thread... I thought users of this site would find it funny/interesting that Jeff's words were manipulated/misinterpreted to such a large extent...

And apparently 'you' guys dont know, since you devolved into the same bullshit argument reddit was having, based on a... misinterpretation

And go back where? I don't use reddit. I hate reddit. If you thought I was making a thread to point out that reddit is full of morons, why would you assume that I also use the site? That's kind of dumb of you... Unless I'm..... MISINTERPRETING.... the meaning of that sentence?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RazielCuts

@naru_joe93 said:

@razielcuts said:

@naru_joe93 said:

If people read past the first screen grab and saw Jeff's reaction's, shouldn't it be obvious? Why even post if they arent going to look at the pictures?

Anyway, I spelled it out so people wouldn't jump at the opportunity to argue about something

I'm saying just posting screen grabs of

other peoples opinions

and just saying 'Thoughts?' is pretty lazy thread making. So don't be surprised if people jump to conclusions of the intent of this thread. Theres no real new discussion here that hasn't already happened enough on these forums and it'll just end in another perpetual motion machine of circle jerkery.

The question of 'Should games be considered different to other mediums?' Answer - 'Yes.' Done.

And I whole heartedly have to agree with this -

@leebmx said:

It must be a nightmare sometimes to have any sort of profile in this or any other industry. You have to be so clear about what you mean or people will just be desperate to use your credibility to back up their own shitty views.

Must be a minefield out there having to second guess everything you say before you say it that if it were me I'd think twice about saying anything at all. Which would be a real shame if Jeff did do that because I like to hear his 'uncensored' and non corporate opinion on things. I like the conversational attitude GB has, this isn't a political site where everything has to be 'safe' and PC, this is a bunch of dudes playing video games, shooting the shit.

Theassman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, the only thing I'll say on this is, if you're really this bothered by something maybe being sexist in a fucking videogame you desperatly need some more tragedy in your lives.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

@naru_joe93 said:

I think you missed the point that "Reddit" just wants to see a controversy and you played into it by posting this.

Yes, the whole universe is ruined because I pointed out reddit being fucking stupid in the context of the creator of this site. I should commit seppuku for being so goddamn shameful!

LiquidPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously no one cares

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RonGalaxy

Obviously no one cares

you're the coolest kid in the 5th grade!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I can understand how his original comment could be taken the wrong way if you don't know Jeff pretty well, and know that he usually doesn't do a lot of sarcasm in what he writes. He usually lays it out straight.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27 chaser324  Moderator  Online

Locked by request.