#1 Posted by bigjeffrey (4805 posts) -

Jeff Streamed some weird free 2 play ps4 Japanese game, i managed to record some of it since ps4 does not archive on twitch. I wish i had recorded it from the beginning but i was in AWE watching a grown man playing this in frustration. ps4 live stream quality not that great.

UpSkirts? Jeff No Like

#2 Posted by cloudymusic (1051 posts) -

The PS4 camera makes for the perfect creeper cam.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

And Jeff makes the perfect creeper, it's fantastic

#4 Edited by GunstarRed (5040 posts) -

Secretly he's really into it.

#5 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Wait, was that even a game?

#6 Posted by bigjeffrey (4805 posts) -

Wait, was that even a game?

i have no clue the only time he was actually "playing the game" was when he was violently shaking the controllers.

#7 Posted by shinjin977 (748 posts) -

..........this type of pandering is why japan lost the casual market. My gf and I grew up with FF and dragon quest, everyone we knew growing up played some type of games. Now, when you talk to people about games in japan, there is always a talk about how creepy games are now. It is a pretty sad state of affair and while I seeing nothing wrong with otakus, STOP FUCKING PANDERING TO OTAKU.

#8 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@shinjin977: Lol Hostess clubs are nothing creepy and this goes for male and female hostess clubs. Japanese business people (male or female) just want to have a nice time there. These clubs are not about sex they are about having fun and spending tons of money^^

As for the game: I thin it was just a demo and not the full game. This game is a Ps4 launchtitle in Japan and it is basically a dating sim.

#9 Posted by Superfriend (1528 posts) -

@darji said:

@shinjin977: Lol Hostess clubs are nothing creepy and this goes for male and female hostess clubs. Japanese business people (male or female) just want to have a nice time there. These clubs are not about sex they are about having fun and spending tons of money^^

That.. kinda makes them sound.. you know.. creepy?!

#10 Posted by TheBlue (316 posts) -

Quick look imminent.

#11 Edited by Nodima (1110 posts) -

#12 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

The amount of head-shaking per minute is off the charts!

#13 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

@darji said:

So spending money is now creepy? People who are visiting these clubs are people who have no time in their busy working life to get involved in relationship drama. They just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time. Nothing else. And basically you do not pay for the woman but rather you pay more for the drinks and food while talking to someone. It maybe creepy for you or western people in general but it is a cultural difference. nothing else.

#14 Posted by MB (12037 posts) -
#15 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11487 posts) -

Welp, this will make for a fantastic quick look.

#16 Edited by bigjeffrey (4805 posts) -

@theblue said:

Quick look imminent.

Aw shit, this is gonna be great.

#17 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

Living

The

Dream

#18 Edited by Danteveli (1163 posts) -

@darji said:

@superfriend said:

@darji said:

So spending money is now creepy? People who are visiting these clubs are people who have no time in their busy working life to get involved in relationship drama. They just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time. Nothing else. And basically you do not pay for the woman but rather you pay more for the drinks and food while talking to someone. It maybe creepy for you or western people in general but it is a cultural difference. nothing else.

As a person from west that went to couple of that type places with my Asian friends I have to say its supper creepy and uncomfortable for me. But then again I completely don't understand Japanese sex business and the way that stuff works for people. Ah and cultural difference doesn't make the way a lot of people act in that type of place less gross.

#19 Edited by BisonHero (6219 posts) -
#20 Edited by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

@nodima: Whoa, that's a sweet Expos hat! Bud Selig needs to let Montreal have their team back. Their gear looked so damn good.

#21 Posted by Fattony12000 (7075 posts) -

#22 Edited by Humanity (8837 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

@mb said:

This sounds like a dude claiming he primarily goes to strip clubs for the $20 per glass Champale.

Nah dude, you don't understand, I just like to go places and chat to women who give me hollow compliments, who are doing so only because they are making an exorbitant amount of money just for standing around and forcibly being pleasant.

I actually saw a really fascinating movie about the male version of this in Japan where these guys pretty themselves up and entertain business ladies and college girls. It's a lot of hard work, they're basically partying non-stop for like 12 hours. They need to talk the clients into ordering a lot of expensive drinks and food. Very often they have to vomit all the alcohol up in the back just so they can keep going through the night. They all looked completely wrecked at the end of a shift - it was really fascinating.

The Great Happiness Space - this is the movie and I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix instant streaming where I saw it several years ago if anyone is interested.

#23 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

You know, in a perverse way, these hostess club games are doing a public service in Japan. Why go to hostess clubs and spend millions of yen when you can just buy this game and get pretty much the same experience of hollow interaction? These games are saving people y'all.

#24 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -

@darji said:

@superfriend said:

@darji said:

Yeah no. They're all about sex. You don't have to look far to find this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9524899/The-grim-truth-about-life-as-a-Japanese-hostess.html

Seriously, a businessman drops a whole bunch of money to have cute girls fawn over him and you don't think at least one of them is going to give it up for a little bit of extra cash? Yeah, technically they don't have to, but many of them do. And the ones that don't are often pressured into doing so, or just quitting. You're horribly naive if you think that patrons of these places "just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time".

I live in East Asia, this kind of soft prostitution is everywhere.

#25 Posted by shinjin977 (748 posts) -

@darji said:

@superfriend said:

@darji said:

Yeah no. They're all about sex. You don't have to look far to find this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9524899/The-grim-truth-about-life-as-a-Japanese-hostess.html

Seriously, a businessman drops a whole bunch of money to have cute girls fawn over him and you don't think at least one of them is going to give it up for a little bit of extra cash? Yeah, technically they don't have to, but many of them do. And the ones that don't are often pressured into doing so, or just quitting. You're horribly naive if you think that patrons of these places "just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time".

I live in East Asia, this kind of soft prostitution is everywhere.

This is accurate. I lived in Thailand, Hong Kong and japan. The water business (its the polite way of saying the sex trade) is pretty rampant over here, from soapland, massage parlor, bath houses or even "personal tutor". Hell, a lot of sons from powerful family would get send to "life coach" when they come of age, basically high class/highly skilled prostitute to teach them about sex. Host and hostess are pretty tame by comparison.

Also, I was more talking about in japanese dev effort to cater to otakus, they alienate a lot of audience and we have the current japanese gaming scene today.