#1 Edited by ninkendo (111 posts) -

Digital Only here unless you ordered from Amazon or Club Namco.

I did the latter and I got my preorder DLC code for Yoshikage Kira, but no indication yet if my game has actually shipped or not. The wait continues!

#2 Posted by BillyMaysRIP (192 posts) -

Can I make a number of sweet JoJo poses?

#3 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1771 posts) -

I'm going to get it next paycheck. I love JoJo's, but I'm almost more morbidly curious to see how terrible it supposedly is.

#4 Edited by Ravelle (1295 posts) -

I'm going to get it next paycheck. I love JoJo's, but I'm almost more morbidly curious to see how terrible it supposedly is.

I like it but it's more fan service than fighting game. Mostly bought it for when I have a bunch of friends over since they loved the Naruto games as well.

#5 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5020 posts) -

Goodbye, JoJo!

#6 Edited by Vonocourt (2133 posts) -

Got home from work thirty minutes to find that UPS dropped off my copy. Not expecting great things from it, but as long as I get some fun out of the combat and some fanservice I'll be fine. I bought it mostly just to show support for Jojo in North America.

#7 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

I'll pick it up just so long as it has plenty of

and at least one

#8 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3445 posts) -

I'm interested in seeing some of this game in action before purchasing. Hopefully the GB crew will do a quick look for it. One gripe I'm kinda concerned about is possible DLC pricing for this game. For any fighting game with dlc characters I always feel the need to purchase them cause the game doesn't feel complete without them. I'm hoping that pricing for dlc characters is pretty affordable compared to the 8 a piece for 2 separate characters in Blazblue.

#9 Posted by Rolkien (83 posts) -

Played through what is available on Story Mode. I can't seem to find the campaign mode, and also not sure how to activate Old Joseph Joestar, even though I just bought it. It's really confusing how they're using two different stores, one with add on like support cards and the other with the campaign mode and Old Joseph.

#10 Posted by TooSweet (388 posts) -

Own a japanese copy already but I'll pick this one up too.

#11 Edited by Coke (35 posts) -

Related. If anyone watches this, there are part 7 spoilers at 6:00 to 6:21.

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Is the game any good?

#13 Edited by AltonBrown (950 posts) -

@lordandrew: It seems fine to me. Not the most complex fighter out there, but totally competent. As a Jojo fan, I'm having fun with it.

#14 Posted by HeyGuys (459 posts) -

I don't know anything about Jojo but I like campy stuff and fighting games so I'm giving it a shot.

#15 Edited by BisonHero (6565 posts) -

So serious question: how fucking long has this manga/anime been going? Because isn't that first Jojo's fighting game like, a million years old at this point?

#16 Edited by rubberluffy (465 posts) -

I've had the JP version since launch, and I still dick around in it. I'm not gonna defend its problems, but as a JoJo superfan it has so many little things that just make me love it. There's even things that took me a year to notice, like Polnareff's (ok...Eiffel now, bleh) battle entrance has him stab coins with Chariot, but if you fight use him against Avdol the coins are on fire. Stuff like that is great attention to detail.

@heyguys said:

I don't know anything about Jojo but I like campy stuff and fighting games so I'm giving it a shot.

Go on Crunchyroll and watch the first season. It's great. Goofy, campy fun with some great music (classic rock fans get shocked when the ending theme starts playing).

#17 Posted by Hailinel (24973 posts) -

So serious question: how fucking long has this manga/anime been going? Because isn't that first Jojo's fighting game like, a million years old at this point?

The manga began publication in 1986 and is still going today.

#18 Edited by Bocam (3762 posts) -

@lordandrew: The amount of fun you'll get out the game depends on how much of a fan you are of Parts 1 through 4 of JoJo as Parts 5 through 7 got seriously fucked over (Part 6 got it the worst)

#19 Edited by ViciousBearMauling (1120 posts) -
SONO CHI NO SADAME, BITCHES

#20 Edited by drac96 (671 posts) -

Just so everyone knows don't buy the Old Joseph Joestar DLC. You can't use him until they release the third campaign. Kira and Fatty are the two characters for the first campaign (Which doesn't even work in the U.S. yet for some reason). Since each campaign is technically a compatibility pack for the characters released with it, I don't really see why they would put him up for download. Maybe he'll pop up once they fix the campaign, but since there are only two DLC character slots at the moment I'm going to guess not.

I guess none of the DLC codes for Fatty from Amazon are working either, so this launch in the U.S. seems to be going super smoothly... Can't play online, can't play campaign, and an unusable character is up on the store.

The good news is that $2.99 per character isn't too bad.

#21 Posted by rubberluffy (465 posts) -

@bocam said:

@lordandrew: The amount of fun you'll get out the game depends on how much of a fan you are of Parts 1 through 4 of JoJo as Parts 5 through 7 got seriously fucked over (Part 6 got it the worst)

5 faired a bit better than 6 and 7. Still, Jolyne and Gyro are my favorites to play.

#22 Posted by Bocam (3762 posts) -
#23 Posted by rubberluffy (465 posts) -

@bocam:

:(

Some of the localization stuff is really weird. Fucking Eiffel? The Capcom game and VIZ's release of Stardust Crusaders both use Polnareff, so it's even weirder. I swear this friday when he shows up in the anime and CR's subs say Eiffel I'm gonna...I dunno. Cry.

#24 Posted by SigmaCloud (42 posts) -

Anybody know if people playing the english version can accept invites from the JP version? I remember a couple of friends weren't able to join my lobbies in some other Bamco games I imported.

#25 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

I played the Japanese version. Felt too sluggish for a fighting game and not exciting enough to last. Might as well learn the system in Heritage For The Future instead of this.

#26 Posted by sub_o (901 posts) -

@rubberluffy: I guess it can't be helped, they need to manoeuvre around those legal naming issues, any changes will pale in comparison to the original names. I wonder if they have original JP audio, so that you can at least hear them shout AC/DC or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

#27 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5284 posts) -

I'm gonna have to wait to play this one. I want it though. Want to play Joseph so bad.

#28 Posted by Ravelle (1295 posts) -

@bocam said:

5 faired a bit better than 6 and 7. Still, Jolyne and Gyro are my favorites to play.

There's a big change they did that for future sequels, the Naruto games get a few extra characters every release as well. That and they want you to buy the DLC.

#29 Posted by Petiew (1350 posts) -

Is the game any good?

From a fighting game standpoint, it's fairly weak. If you're a fan of Jojo you'll love that pretty much every move and quote is taken straight from the manga. Story mode is surprisingly terrible for a fanservice packed game like this though.

#30 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -
#31 Posted by Shortbreadtom (795 posts) -

I just started watching the first season of JoJo, and I'm not really liking it so far. I'm about 6 episodes in (the one where the giant knight and JoJo are shackled by their necks to the ceiling). The action, when it gets going, is pretty good and ridiculous (constantly shouting OVERDRIVE-U is both funny and hype-worthy) but there are HUGE gaps between action, and the characters are constantly explaining things in way too much depth. I don't need 7 minutes of Speedwagon and Zeppeli explaining that the door is locked.

So, my question is, does it get better? Is this show like Gurren Lagann where if you judged it on the first 6 episodes you'd be an idiot, and I should stick with it? Or, if I don't like it by now, will I never and it's just not for me?

#32 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

@shortbreadtom: The second generation (starting episode 10) is way better, even if the opening music isn't as good. Joseph is way more interesting than Jonathan. The end of the episode where he's introduced is one of my favorite moments in the series

#33 Edited by Coke (35 posts) -

So, my question is, does it get better? Is this show like Gurren Lagann where if you judged it on the first 6 episodes you'd be an idiot, and I should stick with it? Or, if I don't like it by now, will I never and it's just not for me?

Parts 1 - 4 top row/parts 5 - 8 bottom row

The anime is currently airing season 2 (part 3) with a new episode every Friday morning. Season 1 is parts 1 and 2. Stands get introduced in part 3 which are a staple of the series and I recommend reading through at least part 3 before deciding to drop it or not. If you don't enjoy part 3, then maybe it's not for you. Each part is fairly unique to itself with some connected storyline and recurring characters. The most popular parts are 3,4, and 7. Part 8 is ongoing.

#34 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1855 posts) -

@shadow said:

@shortbreadtom: The second generation (starting episode 10) is way better, even if the opening music isn't as good. Joseph is way more interesting than Jonathan. The end of the episode where he's introduced is one of my favorite moments in the series

Joseph is my favorite JoJo. Easily.

#35 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5284 posts) -

@shadow: I had two to post and that was the other one.

#36 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -

I know I will be buying this eventually...wish we were still in a game dry spell so I could buy it now!

#37 Posted by Dragon4234 (133 posts) -

Yeah the game is fun as a brawler but it doesn't have enough depth to be fully functioning fighter.

#38 Edited by Shadow (4981 posts) -
#39 Posted by Coke (35 posts) -