#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

According to Siliconera, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ASB will be released in North America in 2014.

Namco Bandai has also officially confirmed a release for both Europe and Australia.

I've heard that the game isn't too great, but I'm glad it's getting localized nonetheless.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Fuck yes!

#3 Posted by Petiew (1361 posts) -

I've heard that the game isn't too great

Same here. Doubt i'll be getting it.

#4 Posted by rubberluffy (476 posts) -

@petiew said:

@fluxwavez said:

As a JoJo fan I love it. It's fun and kinda busted but it's nothing that can't be fixed (they're already working on a bunch of stuff). I imported it and I don't regret it. I'll buy the US release, too.

#5 Posted by TooSweet (398 posts) -

Same picked it up and having a great time with it. Will pick up the US version as well.

#6 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

It's really cool that they would release something like thís but

@petiew said:

@fluxwavez said:

Yeah it's bad, and it's a damn shame because the game is so full of great looking fanservice. The most disappointing part is that it clearly has some cool ideas for how the different characters and character types would work but it completely fails to fit any of those ideas into a fun and functional fighting game.

#7 Posted by Mezmero (2063 posts) -

It's really cool that they would release something like thís but

@petiew said:

@fluxwavez said:

Yeah it's bad, and it's a damn shame because the game is so full of great looking fanservice. The most disappointing part is that it clearly has some cool ideas for how the different characters and character types would work but it completely fails to fit any of those ideas into a fun and functional fighting game.

Yeah I too am feeling some buyers remorse from importing it. I like all the art and fanservice but as a single player experience the replay value is paper thin. Nearly every character uses the same input commands for special moves and there are even one button combos and one button ultras to further simplify things. On one hand that's good because it's a lot more accessible as a result but for someone who has played a bunch of fighting games it's almost too shallow to be very satisfying.

If anything I'd be happy if they just subtitle the dialogue and translate the menus. I think they nailed it with the voice casting and I hope they use these same actors in the future of the animation. While I regret the purchase I do like to support this franchise as much as I can. If I'm going to buy it again in English I would hold off until a price drop. And if NamcoBandai wants extra cool points they'll put all the DLC characters in the game at launch.

#8 Posted by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

Just bought the Japanese version of the game...

Goddammit, now I'll have to buy the US version too I guess.