Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer - Holiday 2015 release

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

EDIT: The YouTube version got removed, but here's an alternative link.

MOD EDIT: here's the video.

Explosions, grappling, jets, explosions caused by jets. The first gameplay trailer for Just Cause 3 seems to focus on all the aspects that made Just Cause so great.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Can't wait! JC2 was a nice surprise for me last gen during the PSN sale.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

And the video is already removed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lots of channels are posting it, looks crazy and dumb. Sign me up.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

Neat. More pre-order nonsense, though. Will it ever end?

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLEASE CO-OP

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By isomeri

@penguindust: Well in the UK at least people are speaking with their pounds, and pre-orders have actually decreased. I'm not sure though what impact digital sales are having on the pre-order numbers. At least I haven't pre-ordered a single game at a retailer since this generation of consoles was released.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

That looks a lot like Just Cause 2, and I loved Just Cause 2, but a lot of the stuff I want to know about this game isn't really the kind of stuff that tends to be in trailers. Mission design, can I hold all the weapons, did they implement a better health system, and so on.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#9 sweep  Moderator

Why does nobody post their threads in the correct forum? Gawd.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@believer258 said:

That looks a lot like Just Cause 2, and I loved Just Cause 2, but a lot of the stuff I want to know about this game isn't really the kind of stuff that tends to be in trailers. Mission design, can I hold all the weapons, did they implement a better health system, and so on.

Same! Still like the trailer. The explosion look nice and so does the destruction.

If the missions and story are halfway decent that would be a huge improvement.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There were certain elements in Just Cause 2 that made it a struggle for me to enjoy it, but I did admire simply flying around the giant world they constructed. The trailer makes it look very similar to Just Cause 2, so if they can simply fix some of the mission design and the ways the guns handle, I'd happily give it a go.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not one to sit here and say it's going to be great (because who knows until it's actually released), but man am I excited. I really hope it turns out to be just as good as Just Cause 2.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Pre-order now to secure a bunch of DLC vehicles that you'll never use, because they're not a parachute or a grappling hook!"

No thanks, but I will certainly buy this game if it's an improvement on JC2. I have high hopes for a co-op campaign. *fingers crossed*

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got the 75% achievement and have around 200 hours in Just Cause 2 (it was my podcast game as I went for that 75% achievement.) I'm pretty excited for this game, but as others have mentioned, there just doesn't look to be that much more in the game compared to JC2. It's cool to see that planes can break stuff instead of insta-exploding, and that grappling vechiles to planes can be more useful than just giggles. But if they released JC3 and it's just another really big open world with cookie-cutter models, towns, and environments again, I'll be disappointed. The campaign in JC2 is really really bad, with laughable cut scenes and just terrible mission design. While Avalanche was clearly aware of how silly the whole thing was, I think they really need to step it up this time.

Aw fuck it, what am I saying? I'm going to buy this game even if the entire package sucks and didn't that different than JC2 just so I can dick around in a giant fucking world and grapple cars to the ground and watching them flip like in the Dark Knight.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-order now to - Go fuck yourself.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Blackout62

Not precisely the thread for it but that game cover is amazing, very 60's Bond.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There's no way Mad Max and Just Cause 3 both come out by the end of the year, right? One of them has to get delayed into next year.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way Mad Max and Just Cause 3 both come out by the end of the year, right? One of them has to get delayed into next year.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems extremely short-sighted to put out JC3 this year.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l33t_haxor: Couldn't "Holiday 2015" technically mean early 2016?

Still, I'm pretty sure that this and Mad Max are being made by two different divisions of Avalanche (one in Stockholm and another in New York) so I could see them both happening by the end of the year. I'd love it if that were the case, at least. Two Avalanche games in the same year could be great.