Rumour: Just Cause 3 screenshots leaked

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

http://xbox-underground.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=47

I wonder if Just Cause 3 is gonna end up being a Fall 2015 title, or if its gonna end up slipping into March 2016.. Next year is really getting crowded quickly. Still, that Square Enix. The game is looking pretty awesome so far. How much bigger can these open-worlds get? Also, this game reminds me of how Mercenaries 3 never happened, le sigh.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By brandondryrock

The last screenshot looks like a microtransaction storefront. Not a good screenshot to be leaked.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god I hope this is real and I hope JC3 has multiplayer in vein of the JC2 mod

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks like Michael Transactions might be back, folks!

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: Hopefully there will be a coop mode where Michael Transactions teams up with his old partner Edge Casey.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks muy early. I'm very excited at the idea of a third Just Cause game but these shots aren't doing much for me.

Still though, thanks for bringing them to our collective attention.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy

The first and third shots are impressive as fuck. The second and fourth, not so much. Michael Transactions?! Come on Avalanche. We've been over this.

Wait, would Avalanche be doing this with Mad Max on their menu?

This is suspicious though... what kind of a forum is Xbox Underground? If you browse the website there are, as of this moment, only 2 threads on the entire site. Just Cause 3 screens being one of them.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Come on guys. We all know there's a good chance those Michael Transactions will be like the EA "cheat" kits they sell. If you don't like Michael Transactions you don't have to use them.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

This looks legit enough.

Am I a bad person for being okay with if they just polished JC2, made it into JC3 and sold it? I just want another Just Cause, dammit.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Basm321

@daiphyer: just cause 2 is deserving of a gussied up rerelease, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they added multiplayer on consoles

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

looks like its a cross platform title if those are real

but then again, that series has been more about the physics and stuff rather than visuals.

TheShrubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, guys, but what was the name of the site that has the images?

Seriously, it looks kinda ok if it's true. I don't know, so much has happened since JC2 came out. I don't even know what I would want from it.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh good, now we can all stop acting like we didn't know this was coming.

Looks really pretty. Hopefully it's fun and not all Michael Transaction-y.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@rafaelfc said:

Looks like Michael Transactions might be back, folks!

*fall to my knees*

TRANSSSAAAACCCTIONNNNSSSS!!!!

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bwheeeler

Couldn't these just as easily be Mad Max screens?

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

given that three of them have Rico in them, and the fourth one has "black market" on the store window, I'm going with no?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bwheeeler said:

given that three of them have Rico in them, and the fourth one has "black market" on the store window, I'm going with no?

Also all the cars are completely normal and not welded together death machines.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I'm inclined to go with this. The fact that them shits are watermarked with that site, and that nothing in the images looks it couldn't have been from Just Cause 2 leaves me doubtful. Don't forget people are far from above indulging in this kind of stuff and mocking up screenshots or prototypes and put it out there as a "leak." At best these are early production leaks which are almost meaningless anyway because any prototyping they'd do would likely involve a lot of hold over assets from Just Cause 2. Still though, I'm putting my money on "giving this too much credit and passing it around under a rumor tag," which in reality could be said of a good number of rumor coverage, certainly on message boards.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pete0r said:

@rafaelfc: Hopefully there will be a coop mode where Michael Transactions teams up with his old partner Edge Casey.

i hope he thinks this shit is tight.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to go with this. The fact that them shits are watermarked with that site, and that nothing in the images looks it couldn't have been from Just Cause 2 leaves me doubtful. Don't forget people are far from above indulging in this kind of stuff and mocking up screenshots or prototypes and put it out there as a "leak." At best these are early production leaks which are almost meaningless anyway because any prototyping they'd do would likely involve a lot of hold over assets from Just Cause 2. Still though, I'm putting my money on "giving this too much credit and passing it around under a rumor tag," which in reality could be said of a good number of rumor coverage, certainly on message boards.

Yeah, they look off. Unless I'm just too tired, it looks like 2 different characters, and the one looks worse than Rico in JC2, graphically.

The main thing is that UI, though. It just looks soooo poor. Anyone with access to Gimp can throw that together. I like to think even the people over there throwing together the prototype builds are putting together higher quality placeholders.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Please don't be microtransaction/F2P based. I loved Just Cause 2 and would hate to see it go that route.