Kerbal B.E.A.S.T. videos are the best thing I've ever seen

grapaslingo44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By grapaslingo44

I've been addicted to the Kerbal beast videos and I get pretty excited each time one comes out. When they first started stranding a few kerbalnauts in orbit, I thought it would be cool (but probably not something the guys would consider) to try and mount a rescue mission...then they tried it! Albeit unsuccessfully. Then I thought how cool it would be if it were possible to get an expert to try it on their save file, and they did that too!

It's been a total blast. Vinny, Austin, Alex--keep it up. And don't forget to deploy your chutes when you're landing on Mun...you know, for drag. :)

schnool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely agree. Wonderful videos. I get unreasonably excited when I spot a new one.

I'd be quite happy for them to continue this for some time. Although I appreciate as they get more competent it will become less interesting. But, and this is said with all due respect, I think that level of competence is some way off. So with that... More Kerbal, please!

(But also I hope they don't forget Castlevania...)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I was really bummed when there wasn't one on Monday. Anyone know when the next one is?

Avatar image for fractal_seaweed
fractal_seaweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fractal_seaweed

@bollard: From what I understand they're taking a small break from it. Understandable: that was a lot of Kerbal for such a short period of time. Personally I don't mind the break. Gives them a chance to get at other things and take a breather so they can come back in fresh and not dragged out, you know?

But I think it'll likely be soon™.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@schnool said:

Completely agree. Wonderful videos. I get unreasonably excited when I spot a new one.

I'd be quite happy for them to continue this for some time. Although I appreciate as they get more competent it will become less interesting. But, and this is said with all due respect, I think that level of competence is some way off. So with that... More Kerbal, please!

(But also I hope they don't forget Castlevania...)

The thing about KSP is that more competency leads to more new and interesting ideas.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@kawiji: Thanks for letting me know!

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TyrellOCP

Agreed.

Been enjoying watching them all learn and Vinny to apply himself seriously to building a functional craft, rather than on strapping rockets at odd angles and exploding.

The "We're goof that don't know what we're doing" shtick lasts only so long, so to see B.E.A.S.T set a goal, refine their creations and succeeding (while occasionally failing humorously, often at high speeds) has been the most entertaining.

Those brave, stranded Kerbals have survived in space for this long, they can wait until ground control is ready to bring them home.

#GotGetThoseKerbals

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my favorite thing going on in the site right now too. The Beast crew have really been knocking it out of the park for a while, with Contradiction, Phantasmagoria 2 and so on. Really really fun to watch those guys play.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Yup they are truly stellar. :D

The "before" and "after" segments are SO GREAT. I wish more GB videos had that. Obviously, I understand this takes some time and planning and is not very unprofessional, but man it's great!

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it a lot more than i thought i would. The times where everything seemed to go perfect then explosion and/or game crash were epic.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part 9 was easily the most exciting/nerve-wracking thing they've done since Team Brad. That's saying something!