Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By -Cipher-

Poll So, Kiefer or Hayter? (93 votes)

Kiefer Sutherland 14%
David Hayter 74%
Both were superb in voicing Snake 12%

Now that we've seen both voice actors have their attempt at Snake, do you think Konami made the right choice to replace David Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland? I know we haven't seen much of Kiefer voicing Snake, but going by trailers of Phantom Pain and gameplay of Ground Zeroes, we can make a pretty sound judgement on who voices the better Snake.

What do you think?

• 
miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to vote for Kiefer.

His voice is more humane and believable as Big Boss.

Sure, Hayter's voice is a classic, but it was hard for him to portray any believable emotion with his comical voice drowning out all the seriousness.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, Sutherland voiced Snake more realistically, but David Hayter IS Snake, his voice is iconic and although not very fleshed out, is still the one I associate with Snake. Nevertheless, I liked Kiefers' take as well, and I voted for both.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FilipHolm

Sutherland is a great actor, but there is truth in that Hayters voice is part of what makes Snake Snake. Then again, this is Big Boss so I'm fine with that. If, however, Sutherland somwhow voiced Solid Snake as well, I don't know that I would feel the same way.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@filipholm:

Yeah. For me, Big Boss and Solid Snake are two different individuals, despite their similarities in previous games. Snake belongs to David, Big Boss however can be done by Kiefer.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaLe

I think they both suck. Mr. Hayter is a bad actor and Mr. Sutherland doesn't fit the role/face at all. They should have got Troy Baker to do Snake instead of Ocelot. I reckon he could have pulled it off much better than either of these schmucks.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've thought for a long time that Big Boss and Solid Snake are different characters, and that they should be voiced by different people.

As for which one is better? I dunno, there's not really enough Kiefer in Ground Zeroes to make a good judgment. I think what's in there is good, but there's not much.

Of course, part of what I like about Hayter's performance is that it's so over the top in that Metal Gear way, whereas Kiefer is playing the character straight. His Big Boss sounds like a real person.

That said the Extra Op in Ground Zeroes where they got Kiefer to re-record "classic" MGS1 lines like "A surveillance camera" and "LIQUIIIID" is hilarious to me, so take what I say however you will. I like bad voice acting.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I still think that in the phantom pain that Keifer will still voice Big Boss and at some point in the game you'll see or play as Solid Snake who will still be voiced b Hayter.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SingingMenstrual

I'm a hater of voice actor changes, so I voted Hayter.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Chocobodude3

Haven't seen enough of Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss. Maybe after The Phantom Pain i will decide

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I can't make a choice until Phantom Pain comes out, hard to choose between a guy who was the voice of snake for 15 years and the other only have a 30 minute sample let's say.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By falserelic

Hayter.

Snake just doesn't feel the same in Ground Rape Zeroes.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sasnake

Its hard to choose a guy whose voiced Snake for years against a guy we heard speak for about 30 seconds.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Sackmanjones

I went with Hayter but pretty much agree with everyone that Kiefer is still solid and I actually think he kinda fits the character well. It is hard to overthrow the guy who has been doing it since the beginning.

Playing MGS4 again after the change made me realize the Snakes voice is kind of silly how overly grizzled it is, especially compared to Kiefers. I think if the actual plan is to have him play Big Boss from now on would be cool and with more content I'm sure more people will like his performance with more content

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Kiefer's better, but the problem is that he sounds human while everyone else is an anime caricature. He doesn't fit in.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiefer is obviously the better and more believable one. But Hayter is Snake and in my world you cant fuck with that.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiefer's better, but the problem is that he sounds human while everyone else is an anime caricature. He doesn't fit in.

Exactly what I was gonna say. It's unfortunate. I prefer they either swing totally in the ridiculous direction or keep it decently "real." The current state of things is far less satisfying.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dude, come on.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Hayter as Snake and I like Sutherland in general but he doesn't feel right as Big Boss. I'm fine with them switching actors for Big Boss but so far I don't think Sutherland was a good choice. Maybe The Phantom Pain will change my mind.