• 68 results
#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

I don't give a fuck if you like Gameboy Color. I be all up on Pokemon Red. But are you at least Excited, for Killer Instinct?

I'm still watching the GameSpot demo. But apparently its not 'really' F2P. It seems that you get Jago for free, the campaign, and I guess there's still more stuff to announce. They're gonna have several editions to release, so I bet one of those you can buy at retail. They ARE going to be at EVO this year, and they will have Glacius shown there. At this point, I'm fucking sold to get this. I dunno about day one, but I'm sure I'll pick this up come Christmas, or something. Launches Day 1, XONE launch. Thoughts?

#2 Edited by mrfluke (4844 posts) -

i am, but its not enough to jump back into the xbox ecosystem with all those nasty policies.

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

@mrfluke: Well don't jump on. Fuck those guys. But you're excited is cool.

#4 Posted by StarvingGamer (7570 posts) -

I don't know how they expect this to become a tournament fighter if the XBOne requires 24-hour authentication.

That said, I'll remain skeptical. The Microsoft press conference demo looked really bad to me.

#5 Posted by Ares42 (2445 posts) -

I would buy it (or I guess play it, since it's f2p) if I bought an Xbone. If...

#6 Edited by mrfluke (4844 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: in the event that microsoft revokes these policies and has some reall big killer stuff that isnt titanfall as thats coming to 360, then this is a good bonus game,

heck the fact that this game is xbox one exclusive and not even coming to 360 means that they want to hook nostalgia people into buying their system,, at least thats my interpretation.

#7 Edited by xyzygy (9629 posts) -

It looks fucking amazing and it'll be one of the first games I get when I get an Xbox One. That won't be until like... July 2014 or something, after I get back from my year in Germany. Will be tough waiting that long but maybe the price of the One will have gone down by then.

#8 Edited by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

I've got zero nostalgia for the old Killer Instinct- looking at this one, I don't see the appeal.

#9 Posted by ChoboBot (111 posts) -

Doesn't really look all that interesting to me, Injustice looks more interesting as a fighting game in my opinion.

#10 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

@mrfluke: Well they won't. So, I don't think an XONE is worth buying if you don't like them policies. Fuck em, let em burn.

I'm so-o buying this. :D

#12 Posted by mrfluke (4844 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: more power to ya, i just hope for your sake then that double helix doesnt screw it up.

#13 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I'm satisfied with Injustice for the time being. And unless the Xbone changes it weird policies, i'm not going to play it anytime soon either.

#14 Edited by Moat (12 posts) -

I was really psyched for this until I saw it was from double helix. There are no words for how sad I am now.

#15 Edited by cmblasko (1006 posts) -

The game looks really good - honestly much better than I thought it would - but I just don't see myself picking up a Xbone anytime soon.

#16 Edited by OurSin_360 (755 posts) -

I remember that game not being good when it first came out, it pretty much just had the blood and crazy combo amount gimmick. But it wasn't very noob friendly, so as a kid I wasn't into it

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5175 posts) -

That blue wolf thing looks pretty cool. But I've never played a Killer Instinct game before, and I'm not sure that I have room in my head for another fighting game. I already play like four, and whenever I try to branch out it gets tiresome. If they have some sort of cool single player mode like MK I might get interested, but as it stands I'm sort of indifferent. There were other Rare games I would have preferred.

#18 Posted by TheHT (10288 posts) -

I am not.

#19 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I was a little excited but that F2P model sounds incredibly stupid, there's going to be nothing but Jago's online. Even more so than how it is with Ryu, Scorpion etc.

#20 Posted by Vade (391 posts) -

I don't think it will ever be a competitive game but I'll keep my eye on it anyway.

#21 Edited by Dalai (6881 posts) -

I've got zero nostalgia for the old Killer Instinct- looking at this one, I don't see the appeal.

Well I have nostalgia for the old Killer Instinct. Looking at this one, I don't see the appeal.

#22 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

No. No I am not.

Let Rare make a new Viva Pinata, Microsoft. IT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE DEMAND.

#23 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

The little amount I would of been excited about it went away pretty fast after seeing what it looked like...honestly very underwhelming. A kind of F2P model and also its being made by a developer that has done nothing but mostly shovelware quality games. Wouldn't of been enough in the first place to get me to buy an xbone for, and I definitely don't see it as that kind of title for most people.

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (18784 posts) -

Looks cool. Not a fan of the free to play model for it though.

#25 Posted by Undeadpool (4869 posts) -

I'm excited to see exactly how many rose-tinted lenses get shattered over it, does that count?

#26 Posted by mcain99 (23 posts) -

Nope

#27 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1221 posts) -

I was until I learned it will be free to play and have to buy each character separately.

#28 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

I was until I learned it will be free to play and have to buy each character separately.

Theres a full version that comes with everything too.

#29 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

I'm not sure what I imagined a Killer Instinct reboot to be in this day and age but something about this, I don't know, feels off.

#30 Edited by goatsoap (59 posts) -

honestly, with all of the negative connotations that are brought up around this game already, i am still super excited to actually play it

#31 Posted by xyzygy (9629 posts) -

@thecreamfilling said:

I don't understand why people somehow now think that the only way to buy this game is to buy each character separately. There will obviously be a full package people!

#32 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1221 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@thecreamfilling said:

I don't understand why people somehow now think that the only way to buy this game is to buy each character separately. There will obviously be a full package people!

Really?! Well hot damn, I'm back on board!

#33 Posted by VincentVendetta (211 posts) -

Double Helix is developing this.

So my guess is no.

#34 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

@xyzygy: Nobody watches the videos. Just look at the picture, its the same thing.

#35 Edited by xyzygy (9629 posts) -
@vincentvendetta said:

So my guess is no.

*Co-developing. Rare is developing it too. Some good things can come from co-development. Lost Odyssey was co developed by Feelplus and Mistwalker and Feelplus was essentially unheard of and had only done very small things prior to LO.

For all we know DH could be doing all the models, textures, basically all the visual parts of the game, and Rare does the coding. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt? The previews that I've read are all very positive about the game, so there's that.

#36 Posted by TychoX (53 posts) -

So my guess is no.

That's pretty ignorant considering you're simply judging the book by the cover. If you've happen to watch any of the videos besides the trailer they explain that a handful of people working on the game have a long list of fighting game backgrounds. If I were to guess why their other games weren't up to par it's because they were simply developing the wrong games.

Also, who doesn't like Free 2 Play...even if you want to buy the game in it's entirety you can still do that. And for those skeptical about how offline tournaments are going to work one of the developers said they'd have an agreement with Microsoft or something along those lines. I think we should wait for EVO for the whole story on how offline is going to work...considering EVO is an offline tournament.

#37 Edited by pandorasbox (301 posts) -

Eventually i'll get an Xbox One, when the price drops considerably. When that happens, i'll give the game a try. There's no reason not to.

#38 Posted by Reisz (1359 posts) -

I don't know man, can Jago ever outlive that Fabulous crop top and slashed tights?

#39 Edited by Tortoise (161 posts) -

It looks OK. I don't think the combo heavy play will actually translate very well 20 years on but it's still nice to see a fighting game get pushed as an exclusive and a system selling point.

#40 Posted by nailmon (26 posts) -

It looks alright i guess, not enough to warrant a Xbone purchase.

#41 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Not really. I've only ever heard of Killer Instinct and never played it. seems interesting, but I can't help but think that the fighting game genre is starting to get a little crowded again like the late 90's-early 00's.

#42 Edited by Angouri (223 posts) -

I didn't like it on SNES... So not really interested. Clearly this fighting game does not have enough Bufu for me.

#43 Posted by Dark (356 posts) -

Its the only thing thats making me still feel the need to have an Xbone, if they announce Cinder as a character I will just about flip my shit.

#44 Posted by Danteveli (1083 posts) -

not excited

#45 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

I am.

but I know it'll end up being a shitty fighting game and no one will care about it a year later.

#46 Posted by Sanious (781 posts) -

It is a shame that with this games announcement there has been a bit of misinformation about the F2P Model and all that. The game will be available at retail in in no way cost more than a regular retail game. And when it comes to the developer people are quick to judge, what someone already pointed out there are a lot of people who worked with games like SF over the years that are working on this.

Unfortunately I won't be getting an Xbox One at all most likely, but after seeing interviews with the developer and watching game play this game looks like it will be a lot of fun whether it is just a non sense brawler fighter or something that carries some weight to it.

#47 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1858 posts) -

Looks like every other fighting game to me. Not the least bit excited.

#48 Edited by RVonE (4480 posts) -

I have weirdly fond memories of the first Killer Instinct, I don't really know why. So the announcement of a new Killer Instinct did excite me at first but then I found out it's free to play? I don't know... Needs more Glacius and Cinder, though.

#49 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

@rvone: Glacius will be shown off at EVO in July. He's in the trailer.

They also confirmed they will have multiple editions, like a full package, one at retail, and one that comes with a fight stick.

#50 Edited by CheapPoison (708 posts) -

I won't be getting it cause i doubt i will get an xbox.

But goddam! That music got to me. Best thing about the game.

Edit: Now that i know there will be a full edition and a free model to see if you are interested... That is a really good way to do it i think. No reason not to try it.