Are you excited for the new Killer Instinct?

• 69 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I don't give a fuck if you like Gameboy Color. I be all up on Pokemon Red. But are you at least Excited, for Killer Instinct?

I'm still watching the GameSpot demo. But apparently its not 'really' F2P. It seems that you get Jago for free, the campaign, and I guess there's still more stuff to announce. They're gonna have several editions to release, so I bet one of those you can buy at retail. They ARE going to be at EVO this year, and they will have Glacius shown there. At this point, I'm fucking sold to get this. I dunno about day one, but I'm sure I'll pick this up come Christmas, or something. Launches Day 1, XONE launch. Thoughts?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mrfluke

i am, but its not enough to jump back into the xbox ecosystem with all those nasty policies.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: Well don't jump on. Fuck those guys. But you're excited is cool.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I don't know how they expect this to become a tournament fighter if the XBOne requires 24-hour authentication.

That said, I'll remain skeptical. The Microsoft press conference demo looked really bad to me.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would buy it (or I guess play it, since it's f2p) if I bought an Xbone. If...

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrfluke

@blu3v3nom07: in the event that microsoft revokes these policies and has some reall big killer stuff that isnt titanfall as thats coming to 360, then this is a good bonus game,

heck the fact that this game is xbox one exclusive and not even coming to 360 means that they want to hook nostalgia people into buying their system,, at least thats my interpretation.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

It looks fucking amazing and it'll be one of the first games I get when I get an Xbox One. That won't be until like... July 2014 or something, after I get back from my year in Germany. Will be tough waiting that long but maybe the price of the One will have gone down by then.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I've got zero nostalgia for the old Killer Instinct- looking at this one, I don't see the appeal.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't really look all that interesting to me, Injustice looks more interesting as a fighting game in my opinion.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: Well they won't. So, I don't think an XONE is worth buying if you don't like them policies. Fuck em, let em burn.

I'm so-o buying this. :D

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@mrfluke: Well they won't. So, I don't think an XONE is worth buying if you don't like them policies. Fuck em, let em burn.

I'm so-o buying this. :D

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: more power to ya, i just hope for your sake then that double helix doesnt screw it up.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'm satisfied with Injustice for the time being. And unless the Xbone changes it weird policies, i'm not going to play it anytime soon either.

Moat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Moat

I was really psyched for this until I saw it was from double helix. There are no words for how sad I am now.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cmblasko

The game looks really good - honestly much better than I thought it would - but I just don't see myself picking up a Xbone anytime soon.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OurSin_360

I remember that game not being good when it first came out, it pretty much just had the blood and crazy combo amount gimmick. But it wasn't very noob friendly, so as a kid I wasn't into it

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That blue wolf thing looks pretty cool. But I've never played a Killer Instinct game before, and I'm not sure that I have room in my head for another fighting game. I already play like four, and whenever I try to branch out it gets tiresome. If they have some sort of cool single player mode like MK I might get interested, but as it stands I'm sort of indifferent. There were other Rare games I would have preferred.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am not.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I was a little excited but that F2P model sounds incredibly stupid, there's going to be nothing but Jago's online. Even more so than how it is with Ryu, Scorpion etc.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think it will ever be a competitive game but I'll keep my eye on it anyway.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Dalai

I've got zero nostalgia for the old Killer Instinct- looking at this one, I don't see the appeal.

Well I have nostalgia for the old Killer Instinct. Looking at this one, I don't see the appeal.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No. No I am not.

Let Rare make a new Viva Pinata, Microsoft. IT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE DEMAND.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The little amount I would of been excited about it went away pretty fast after seeing what it looked like...honestly very underwhelming. A kind of F2P model and also its being made by a developer that has done nothing but mostly shovelware quality games. Wouldn't of been enough in the first place to get me to buy an xbone for, and I definitely don't see it as that kind of title for most people.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Looks cool. Not a fan of the free to play model for it though.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I'm excited to see exactly how many rose-tinted lenses get shattered over it, does that count?

mcain99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I was until I learned it will be free to play and have to buy each character separately.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was until I learned it will be free to play and have to buy each character separately.

Theres a full version that comes with everything too.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure what I imagined a Killer Instinct reboot to be in this day and age but something about this, I don't know, feels off.

goatsoap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By goatsoap

honestly, with all of the negative connotations that are brought up around this game already, i am still super excited to actually play it

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecreamfilling said:

I don't understand why people somehow now think that the only way to buy this game is to buy each character separately. There will obviously be a full package people!

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@thecreamfilling said:

I don't understand why people somehow now think that the only way to buy this game is to buy each character separately. There will obviously be a full package people!

Really?! Well hot damn, I'm back on board!

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Double Helix is developing this.

So my guess is no.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: Nobody watches the videos. Just look at the picture, its the same thing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xyzygy
@vincentvendetta said:

So my guess is no.

*Co-developing. Rare is developing it too. Some good things can come from co-development. Lost Odyssey was co developed by Feelplus and Mistwalker and Feelplus was essentially unheard of and had only done very small things prior to LO.

For all we know DH could be doing all the models, textures, basically all the visual parts of the game, and Rare does the coding. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt? The previews that I've read are all very positive about the game, so there's that.

TychoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So my guess is no.

That's pretty ignorant considering you're simply judging the book by the cover. If you've happen to watch any of the videos besides the trailer they explain that a handful of people working on the game have a long list of fighting game backgrounds. If I were to guess why their other games weren't up to par it's because they were simply developing the wrong games.

Also, who doesn't like Free 2 Play...even if you want to buy the game in it's entirety you can still do that. And for those skeptical about how offline tournaments are going to work one of the developers said they'd have an agreement with Microsoft or something along those lines. I think we should wait for EVO for the whole story on how offline is going to work...considering EVO is an offline tournament.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By pandorasbox

Eventually i'll get an Xbox One, when the price drops considerably. When that happens, i'll give the game a try. There's no reason not to.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know man, can Jago ever outlive that Fabulous crop top and slashed tights?

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tortoise

It looks OK. I don't think the combo heavy play will actually translate very well 20 years on but it's still nice to see a fighting game get pushed as an exclusive and a system selling point.

nailmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks alright i guess, not enough to warrant a Xbone purchase.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. I've only ever heard of Killer Instinct and never played it. seems interesting, but I can't help but think that the fighting game genre is starting to get a little crowded again like the late 90's-early 00's.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By angouri

I didn't like it on SNES... So not really interested. Clearly this fighting game does not have enough Bufu for me.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its the only thing thats making me still feel the need to have an Xbone, if they announce Cinder as a character I will just about flip my shit.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

not excited

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am.

but I know it'll end up being a shitty fighting game and no one will care about it a year later.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a shame that with this games announcement there has been a bit of misinformation about the F2P Model and all that. The game will be available at retail in in no way cost more than a regular retail game. And when it comes to the developer people are quick to judge, what someone already pointed out there are a lot of people who worked with games like SF over the years that are working on this.

Unfortunately I won't be getting an Xbox One at all most likely, but after seeing interviews with the developer and watching game play this game looks like it will be a lot of fun whether it is just a non sense brawler fighter or something that carries some weight to it.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like every other fighting game to me. Not the least bit excited.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By RVonE

I have weirdly fond memories of the first Killer Instinct, I don't really know why. So the announcement of a new Killer Instinct did excite me at first but then I found out it's free to play? I don't know... Needs more Glacius and Cinder, though.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@rvone: Glacius will be shown off at EVO in July. He's in the trailer.

They also confirmed they will have multiple editions, like a full package, one at retail, and one that comes with a fight stick.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CheapPoison

I won't be getting it cause i doubt i will get an xbox.

But goddam! That music got to me. Best thing about the game.

Edit: Now that i know there will be a full edition and a free model to see if you are interested... That is a really good way to do it i think. No reason not to try it.