#1 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I can't say I'm surprised sense its being made by Suda 51. The same people that made Shadows of the Damed, Lollipop chainsaw, No More Hero's, and Killer 7. Graphical it looks similar to those games, and it seems like its going to be a fun action game too.

The combat looks fast and flashy, and I'm liking the bizarre anime vibe from it. It's definitely going to be a game on my radar. Its nice to see a game that's not trying to take itself seriously.

#2 Edited by Flappy (2352 posts) -

It's going to get all of my money (well, more like $17 once I use up all my Gamestop credit/coupons) on Day 1. It looks interesting enough that I'll be willing to overlook the sort of jankiness that you'd expect from these sort of games (assuming it's present).

EDIT: Totally watched it again. The actions reminds me of ZoE2 (AWESOME), it's really pretty, aaaaand it's almost like those zany B-Movies where crazy shit happens just because (Hobo With a Shotgun etc...).

#3 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

You know, I would really love his games if they were all about 2 or 3 hours long and cut out pretty much everything but the bizarre story stuff and weird one off boss fights. Those are usually the best parts. Everything else just bogs down the experience for me.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I can't get over how weird that king's outfit was...

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22518 posts) -

I'm just loving how this actually looks fun to play.

#6 Edited by Strife777 (1612 posts) -

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into another not great to play but fun to experience kind of game, which I'm completely fine with. I enjoyed Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes (on PS3) and that game with the generic name I can't remember with Garcia Fucking Hotspur.

Edit: Right, Shadows of the Damned.

#7 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into another not great to play but fun to experience kind of game, which I'm completely fine with. I enjoyed Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes (on PS3) and that game with the generic name I can't remember with Garcia Fucking Hotspur.

yeah shadows of the damned I enjoyed the game alot, but I wish it had a new game plus mode.

#8 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2609 posts) -

Wonder how terrible the sales for this will be.

#9 Posted by Skyfire543 (763 posts) -

I am so pumped for this.

#10 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Wonder how terrible the sales for this will be.

Thinking about it there's a strong chance it won't sell to well, just like the other Suda 51 games.

#11 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

@turtlebird95: Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't jinx it!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd actually be happy if one of these games gets respectable sales figures for once.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@flappy said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd actually be happy if one of these games gets respectable sales figures for once.

It would be nice to see. I also would like to see a No More Heros 2 port for ps3.

#13 Edited by 5Figh (172 posts) -

This actually looks the complete opposite of the typical Suda game. I think it looks pretty neat gameplay wise but everything about the sense of humour, the voice acting, story, all that shit just seems completely unappealing to me.

#14 Posted by 49th (2843 posts) -

It looks insanely cool. I've loved every Suda game I've played so I can't wait for this.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (15133 posts) -

LIAM O'BRIEN~! OH YES YES YES.

#16 Edited by bybeach (4994 posts) -

Shadows of the Damned deserved a good sales count, which it didn't get. I think Suda might be a bit over doing real well, and just do well enough to float the boat.

This was a bit interesting, despite the 4th wall comment about gamers. It looked like he was trying to present both an action game and a rationale behind it all. He usually does try to present something that just isn't for weirdness, though not necc. overarching, either.

#17 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

#18 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2609 posts) -

@flappy said:

I'd be really happy too, but I just don't see the game breaking anything beyond 20k in North America. You've got to admire Suda for continuously releasing his weirdness over here even though he knows it won't sell.

#19 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

This game looks blatantly good and I couldn't be more excited for it.

#20 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

@turtlebird95: Y'gotta keep hope alive, maaaaaaaan!

We gotta feed Suda and his craziness...

#21 Posted by Itwastuesday (982 posts) -

looks cool. antagonist looks like a jojo's character. as long as the gameplay doesn't shit the bed toooo bad (or ends up actually being fun???) and the story is full of QUENTINTARANTINOSATOSHIKON then it'll probably be pretty alright