#1 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

Here are 3 different videos from the same scene but each with a different approach. I think it is a good showcase for this game

Badass:

Stealth

Keyser

Overall I am pretty impressed by this game. I hope this is what the future of shooter will be in terms of linearity^^

#2 Posted by Sterling (2700 posts) -

Top of my play list on launch day.

#3 Posted by PufferFiz (1387 posts) -

daammmnn it why do all the launch bundles have to be sold out!!!! :(

#4 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1482 posts) -

That actually looks pretty damn cool and fun. I just hope there is a good amount of what is being shown in these videos.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

It's surprising how little choice it takes to make me more interested in a new FPS.

#6 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

Yeah, I'm not playing stealth if it's all breaching.

#7 Edited by Glottery (1388 posts) -

This is looking pretty swell, indeed. Here's hoping that my KZ bundle got reserved in time...

#8 Posted by Roboculus92 (534 posts) -

Consider me cautiously optimistic.

#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5985 posts) -

Already bought my copy from Gamestop. It'll probably be the first thing I play on my Ps4. It only seems fitting given the very first game I played on my Ps3 was Killzone 2.

#10 Posted by Bane122 (811 posts) -

I don't understand how the first and third videos were really that different.

#11 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Ouch, dat framerate.

Looks pretty, as most Killzone games have.

#12 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4488 posts) -

Looks cool other than the stealth parts being relying too heavily on the CoD breach style bullshit of slowing down all the time.

#13 Posted by mrfluke (5341 posts) -

this game increasingly looks awesome.

i just really hope they nail the story

#14 Posted by me3639 (1849 posts) -

Having just finished Deus Ex HR Directors cut so glad there is another title, in the realm of Crysis, giving you that choice of how you want to play.

#15 Posted by kishinfoulux (2511 posts) -

It's very much giving off a Crysis 2 vibe, which is great. If I were getting a PS4, instead of an XB1, this would be my title.

#16 Posted by Mycroft_Ampersand (83 posts) -

I noticed in the stealth version that it was mentioned that some of the hostiles escaped at the end, but not in any of the others. I wonder if that is something that will actually matter in the game and make your choice of play cause different situations later?

#17 Edited by pweidman (2362 posts) -

Damn that was impressive. Really reminds me of Crysis more than KZ though, lol. Too late to get a PS4 for next week?

#18 Edited by Andorski (5365 posts) -

Call me crazy, but I don't think bursting through a door and shooting up everyone in the room is considered stealth. The player even shoots and breaks a window in the first breach.

Also, what's the difference between "badass" and "keyser"?

#19 Posted by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -

@andorski said:

Intentional sadism, I assume.

#20 Edited by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

Yeah, that looks okay. But see that is just the problem. Killzone games are always "okay" or "alright" and never anything more.

#21 Edited by Darji (5293 posts) -

@andorski said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think bursting through a door and shooting up everyone in the room is considered stealth. The player even shoots and breaks a window in the first breach.

The difference is how you approach with these zip lines for example.

#22 Posted by killer_meatballs (483 posts) -

I think it's pretty cool you have different options. Definitely freshens up the gameplay.

#23 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

I still want a Killzone game where I can play as the good guys.

#24 Edited by Pie (7111 posts) -

The music in this is real weird. What's with the "fummmmmmm" every 7 seconds?

Looks pretty cool anyway

#25 Posted by Bane122 (811 posts) -

@darji: The zip line's the only big difference though, this really is two approaches with a slight variance on one of them.

#26 Posted by AlexGBRO (329 posts) -

@demoskinos: well with a good multiplayer this could end up a good game, i know it is hard to face with COD and BF,

the stuff with the create game and costom rules could keep player coming back and also the dlc maps are free so KZ::SF can sell 2/3 mil copies a good number in my opinion

#27 Edited by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

@andorski said:

And what is the deal with the magical handcuffs?

Anyway, I guess it's cool to see enemies through walls, use bullet time etc.

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@alexgbro: This game won't sell 2 Million. The entire install base of the PS4 would be lucky to break 3 million before. The end of the year.

#29 Edited by Kain55 (135 posts) -

Well I think this game actually looks pretty cool. I'm curious to see how it turns out. It seems like a lot of people are dismissing it out of hand just because of the Killzone name which seems like a shame to me.

#30 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@darji said:

Overall I am pretty impressed by this game. I hope this is what the future of shooter will be in terms of linearity^^

I know it's not really a shooter (kind of) but Human Revolution and even original Deus Ex were both way more open than this. I don't get why games like Killzone don't attempt more of the hub stuff, at least early on, use a hub type open world with less action focus and then build into the larger conflict which can result in lots of shooting and massacring generic soldiers. Not every FPS needs to start doing that from the beginning, it's a trope at this point.

Maybe this is their attempt to do that.

#31 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

Those Helghast are rocking some sick kicks.

#32 Posted by DeF (4977 posts) -

@andorski said:

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't impressed by this. The difference between Badass and Keyser was that in the latter, they used that flying robot device to stun the bowling pins ...errr AI.

I would've preferred a fourth option where the player does NOT turn on cheat-vision and bullet time any chance they get. See if that winds up looking fun.

#33 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -

Did the AI seem frustratingly stupid to anybody else? You kick in a door and they turn in the opposite direction from where the door is. You blow open a wall with explosives and the Helghast in that room don't budge or bother to find cover as if the explosion was somebody ripping one.

#34 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@sooty said:

@darji said:

I know it's not really a shooter (kind of) but Human Revolution and even original Deus Ex were both way more open than this. I don't get why games like Killzone don't attempt more of the hub stuff, at least early on, use a hub type open world with less action focus and then build into the larger conflict which can result in lots of shooting and massacring generic soldiers. Not every FPS needs to start doing that from the beginning, it's a trope at this point.

Deus Ex was more an RPG than a shooter that is why it was so open. Killzone is a pure shooter.

#35 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@darji said:

@sooty said:

@darji said:

Deus Ex was more an RPG than a shooter that is why it was so open. Killzone is a pure shooter.

That doesn't really answer his question at all. Being a shooter doesn't mean it can't have some sort of hub area.

#36 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Im probably gonna be getting an X1 come Chrimbo but this game does look cool, very pretty indeed.

#37 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@sooty said:

@darji said:

Because slowly building from fighting 2 or 3 guys at a time to 20 more elite enemies at a time near the end of the game is also a generic trope.

Duke Nukem Forever had a slow start with hardly any action and let you roam around and interact with stuff before FINALLY getting into action levels, and that was one of the biggest faults people had against it.

#38 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@somedelicook said:

@sooty said:

@darji said:

Because slowly building from fighting 2 or 3 guys at a time to 20 more elite enemies at a time near the end of the game is also a generic trope.

Not really. There's a difference between simply having a few enemies for the first hour to ease you into the game vs making it fit properly into the narrative. Most games just throw people at you because shoot things.

#39 Posted by sjwho2 (46 posts) -

Aw i could have just dropped off the side of the building? GAH WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THAT!!!