I really thought the reviews were full of BS for this

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Enigma777

Even if some of the SP gameplay was uninspired (I'm look at you "Destroy defense platform" objective!) I thought it was still pretty cool. There were some awesome set pieces and some absolutely gorgeous environments.

And then I played the final level. What the fuck Guerrilla?! How are you gonna try to pass off that shit-turd sandwich as an ending and then roll the credits?! And then stop the credits and give me one of the most boring missions ever that also has a shit-turd sandwich ending and then walk off like it's all cool.

By comparison, Rico is a goddamn bastion of humanity. Ugh. Just ugh.

Good thing the MP is pretty good, even if the maps feel super tiny.

3/5 (Yes, I took a whole point off cause of that shitty ending. Deal with it.)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@enigma777: It sounds like you basically feel like most reviews. I don't see why you'd say most reviews were full of BS when you seem to be reinforcing many of their criticisms of the single player and somewhat lackluster multiplayer.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think the last level (I mean the last last level) is one of the better parts of the game. I wish we got to play as Echo more often throughout the game. The story is dumb and no Killzone game has ever actually capitalized on the fiction of the universe (or the gameplay mechanics, really), but there's no way you could say it ended more poorly than did Killzone 3.

What part of reviews are you disagreeing with exactly? Your opinion seems to pretty much line up with reviews I've seen.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

By comparison, Rico is a goddamn bastion of humanity. Ugh. Just ugh.

Now I want to see this ending.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can somebody tell me what happens that is so shitty? I can't find it and have no interest in playing it. But I keep hearing it's shit.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally my title was "I thought all the reviews were BS... and then I played the final mission."

I hope that makes more sense.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really liked the "after credits" mission. That's how I kind of wish more of the game felt. The level design fell apart on the last two chapters before it though. Mostly with the gravity shifting stuff and enemy placement. Also the last two rooms were too claustrophobic and frustrating. Wasn't having much fun before the credits rolled.

Good game though.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally my title was "I thought all the reviews were BS... and then I played the final mission."

Now that thread title would make sense. Right now, it just sounds like this post is going to be someone complaining about reviews they disagree with.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spoonman671

@krullban said:

Can somebody tell me what happens that is so shitty? I can't find it and have no interest in playing it. But I keep hearing it's shit.

You kill the bad guy (the main one from Killzone 3, except all old and shit), and then your handler, who you've known the entire time was a backstabbing, crazy, fucker magically appears behind you and kills you. The last mission interrupts the credits and you play as your Helghast (sort of) buddy as she infiltrates a park and sets up a sniper position from which she assassinates the handler that betrayed you. Roll remaining credits. I think it was more dumb than it was horrible and embarrassing.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Whats with the distorted view on review scores OP? The average score on Metacritic puts Killzone at a 74, and in a scale of 1-100 almost every site lists a 7 as a game that is great, but has a few flaws. I would say that Killzone SF fits that description perfectly and your post fits right in with that score as well.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it worse than Rage's ending?

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...you agree with the reviews?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By turboman

I played a few hours of it, thought reviews were too kind to it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By mosespippy

Guerrilla aren't exactly known for their great endings.

• In Liberation, Rico was set up as a possible traitor in the original ending but it left on a cliff hanger. They added another chapter 8 months after release to actually finish the story and reveal the true traitor.
  • In KZ2, Rico done fucked up.
  • In KZ3, Oops, you super nuked a planet.
  • And KZ:SF, Whatever the hell you're talking about.

I didn't finish the original and don't intend on playing Mercenaries.

neobendez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do I need to play it to agree or disagree to the reviews? Oh well,I'm not much into reviews anyways..

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

well.... is Killzone 3 multiplayer is still Free to play on PS3? no plans on bringing that over to PS4?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@krullban said:

You kill the bad guy (the main one from Killzone 3, except all old and shit), and then your handler, who you've known the entire time was a backstabbing, crazy, fucker magically appears behind you and kills you. The last mission interrupts the credits and you play as your Helghast (sort of) buddy as she infiltrates a park and sets up a sniper position from which she assassinates the handler that betrayed you. Roll remaining credits. I think it was more dumb than it was horrible and embarrassing.

Dumb, yes, but definitely not as dumb as Killzone 3's ending. I doubt many things in video game narratives are truly as dumb as Killzone 3's ending.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@krullban said:

That just seems really lame.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Want emancipation?

@spoonman671 said:

@krullban said:

I've never played the game and have no intentions to but the ending doesn't sound too bad from this description. Though it's all in the delivery; also if it sets up the possibly more interesting semi-Helghast character as a protagonist for the next DLC or game then that might be OK.

However the part where you're some sort of parasitic being sticking out of the protagonist's belt area while viewing and controlling the action from its perspective sounds riveting! Or so goes my theory as to why you're so short in the game.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Enigma777

@hailinel said:

@spoonman671 said:

@krullban said:

Dumb, yes, but definitely not as dumb as Killzone 3's ending. I doubt many things in video game narratives are truly as dumb as Killzone 3's ending.

As completely dumb as the KZ3 ending was, at least it had some measure of closure. You save Earth from the Helghast invasion even if you accidentally blew up Helghan to do it.

Bit in Shadow Fall, you literally walk into a room, the bad guy gives you 10 seconds of exposition then he gets shot by your clearly insane Mentor and then you get 2 in chest yourself. That's it! I honestly can't think of a more anticlimactic ending in any video game...

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SlashDance

So shit endings have officially become a hallmark of the Killzone franchise?

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the game the story progressed nicely but it needed more punch. The game played great to and I never really got bored but like I said the writing/story needed to have more of powerful moments and even the key parts never really felt that grand. So yeah my score of the game would be a 4/5 or an 8 exactly.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

I dont know, that ending sounds like it could be alright (for a CODesque fps game), under the circumstance that the story leading up to it is good. If everything leading up to that is dogshit, then that makes sense.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hunkulese

@hailinel: Shadow Fall's ending is way worse than KZ3. Remember the part where you nuked Stahl's ship? Well the nuke just gave him cancer so he could be in Shadow Fall's ending for no reason.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So shit endings have officially become a hallmark of the Killzone franchise?

At least they're consistent

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigma777 said:

Now that thread title would make sense. Right now, it just sounds like this post is going to be someone complaining about reviews they disagree with.

I totally knew what he was trying to say before I read his post. SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW, GUY!

(I'm sorry)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

In my humble opinion this is a good game and I also think it's as good if not better than Halo 4.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Pessh

So...Red Dead Redemption?

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671 said:

@krullban said:

Not really... it sounds almost like Modern Warfare 2 and 3 combined. Now those were the worst.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think the last level (I mean the

last

last level) is one of the better parts of the game.

I wish we got to play as Echo more often throughout the game.

The story is dumb and no Killzone game has ever actually capitalized on the fiction of the universe (or the gameplay mechanics, really).

Killzone 1? I thought the game did a good job introducing and conveying the universe of the game.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By Seppli

Almost done with this one. The game totally lost me, after having a good time mostly at first. The latter levels are total rubbish. In general, I have a hard time understanding how Guerilla tries to entertain me, because most of what they do, doesn't make a lick of sense. The shooting parts (which I initially enjoyed) get worse and worse, because of stupid level design and badly put together scenarios - whilst everything other than shooting somehow is the focal point now (I'm not even sure what the other things are supposed to be, to be honest), and is as boring as watching paint dry.

I'm on Helghan now, and all I do is asking myself *Why? Why? Why?*. I could be playing BF4 or NfS Rivals or try out a Free 2 Play game instead. Argh. Killzone 2 is one of the few games I've started but not finished, and if Shadow Fall wasn't a shiny launch game, and I'd got it out of a garbage bin (erm... bargain bin), I'd now quit playing it altogether. It's just too boring, tedious and stupid.

Kinda expected a Crysis-like experience, which it kinda was for a spell, but then what I really got is... I'm not quite sure what it's even meant to be. I guess it's not meant to be boring and tedious, but it sure as hell is. Haven't played the multiplayer yet, and frankly it doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against Battlefield 4, but hopefully there's something more than boredom and incredulity to that. Boy, it sure is pretty though.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the developments that happend during the last act of killzone 3 made me wanna punch the writer in the face so this does not surprise me one bit

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Heltom92

Just finished it, when the first credits started I actually said "is that it?" out loud. The actual ending was better but only by the tiniest bit.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Wait a second, aren't we talking about a shooter here? The genre isn't really a bastion of great storytelling. I had a lot of fun with the game and thought the ending was stupidly fine.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lysergica33

I was never into the Killzone games but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game, aside from that intro where you play as kid Lucas which struck me as being cringey in the extreme. The way the story arc went was all very obvious but for some reason it still gave me a feeling of satisfaction at the end of it.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

The statement made above, that the universe has never truly been capitalized on is absolutely spot on. Although I live the series a great deal, they have always ended badly and been poorly handled. They play well, which is what keeps me coming back. I love the heavier, more tactical feel of Killzone vs the 'who can react fastest' of CoD and the 'walk for ages across this giant map to get sniped' of BF.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone else think destiny looks very killzoney. looking forward to playing it, i got a copy but no ps4 anyone got a spare ps4.

Khronikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, most vets started to not care about the SP much starting with 3. I had a decent time in Shadow Fall and would rate campaign a C. I don't really get people who come to this series for story to be honest. It is just like your Crysis stuff. Average writing makes it average in the end. Doesn't mean it is boring though. I had a fun time searching for stuff in SF.

The multiplayer is where this game is not being well addressed in reviews. 10/10 when they get the chat patch and more maps up along with whatever else. Seriously, just the best FPS MP out there.

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, most vets started to not care about the SP much starting with 3. I had a decent time in Shadow Fall and would rate campaign a C. I don't really get people who come to this series for story to be honest. It is just like your Crysis stuff. Average writing makes it average in the end. Doesn't mean it is boring though. I had a fun time searching for stuff in SF.

The multiplayer is where this game is not being well addressed in reviews. 10/10 when they get the chat patch and more maps up along with whatever else. Seriously, just the best FPS MP out there.

The universe they created for the series is quite decent from what i've heard.