#1 Edited by JayEH (512 posts) -

Edit: Went to my Gamestop and was able to pick up Killzone and a DS4. Seemed like they had at least Knack as well.

Original Post: I just got a text from Gamestop that my Killzone pre order will be available tomorrow. That seems really strange since we're still a few weeks out from the launch. I'm going to assume its a mistake but does any else have any info on this?

#2 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

You have a little over two weeks to rip the game, make a working emulator and play the game. Good luck.

#3 Posted by JayEH (512 posts) -

@nekroskop: and I'll still have enough time to trade it in by the weekend for guaranteed $30 store credit.

#4 Edited by themangalist (1675 posts) -

You have a little over two weeks to rip the game, make a working emulator and play the game. Good luck.

ha i laughed. I wish there was a thumbs up system at Giantbomb.

#5 Posted by windsorite (1 posts) -

I got a call saying it was being released tomorrow as well. Think they meant battlefield 4?

#6 Posted by AgnosticJesus (532 posts) -

Yes it is. I'm currently waiting outside the local Best Buy for the midnight release.

#7 Posted by slyspider (1033 posts) -

Yes it is. I'm currently waiting outside the local Best Buy for the midnight release.

what? Why?

#8 Posted by Sammo21 (3021 posts) -

The game is currently schedule to be at Gamestop locations by 6pm at the latest. The time will vary depending on when your store receives their UPS shipments.

#9 Edited by RetroMetal (180 posts) -

It's not unusual for games and hardware accessories to launch before the actual console releases.

#10 Posted by altairre (997 posts) -

@agnosticjesus said:

what? Why?

#11 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

Even though the OP confirmed it with an edit, I too can confirm they're slowly coming in today as an actual employee at the GameStop close to my college (in Princeton, West Virginia) called me and told me that it came in today and I could go pick it up.

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9737 posts) -

I think that buying this stuff weeks before getting the actual console is kinda... I dunno, I wouldn't want to have a game sitting there, being unplayable because the console isn't out yet. Maybe a day or two, but not this long.

#13 Edited by Humanity (7945 posts) -

@jayeh: c'mon man, show the disc and the inside of the box!!

Yes, I am that desperate for these new consoles..

(But seriously though, post those pics..)

#14 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

I bet it's going to be fun staring at that thing for 2 weeks

#15 Posted by probablytuna (3442 posts) -

That DS4 packaging looks kinda cheap.

#16 Posted by GValo (162 posts) -

Does the disc have that weird super smooth edge like wiiU discs?

#17 Posted by TheBioLover (64 posts) -

Man that is some sexy ass box art. No SCE or Guerrila logos either.

#18 Posted by Strife777 (1431 posts) -

Could you like... open it? I'm curious if they're using eco cases or not. I also hope the discs have smooth edges like the WiiU ones. So smooooooth. Maybe they're black like PS1 CDs!

#19 Posted by Yodasdarkside (268 posts) -

Cool, but I'm still going to download it. All digital future, baby.

#20 Posted by Vonocourt (2107 posts) -

@retrometal said:

It's not unusual for games and hardware accessories to launch before the actual console releases.

No reason not to, it's not like we'll be able to play it before. Probably helps ease up on the shipping for launch day.

#21 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

@strife777: @humanity: The case isn't one of those eco-friendly cases either, like the 360 cases are. No instruction manual, the instructions are on the reverse side of the cover. However, they do give you a code for a free seven day period of PS+. Not sure if it works with people that already have Plus though.

#22 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4429 posts) -

Yeah, I already bought a copy of Killzone and it should be here well before I get my Ps4. It'll be nice to have a guaranteed game to play when it arrives.

#23 Edited by Nights (587 posts) -

I'm still on the fence, but I'll probably end up ordering it Amazon. The problem I have with Killzone is that, stylistically speaking, I find the Helghast to be infinitely more interesting than the ISA. I have absolutely no desire to play as the latter.

#24 Posted by TheHT (10269 posts) -

@smtdante89: Good they include that trial. I dunno how many people are aware that you'll need Plus to play online on the PS4.

#25 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

I went to preorder this game this past Tuesday, and was surprised it was available for purchase already. Like someone else said, being on sale a couple of days early is one thing, but two weeks?

I'm not complaining..at all, but am curious as to why?

I actually think it's a good idea, since the stores will surely be packed the day the PS4 comes out.

#26 Posted by kmg90 (409 posts) -

At this point street dates for games are pointless when the system that you play them on isn't out until the same day the game

#27 Posted by laserguy (413 posts) -

Sony has this right, put the games and controllers out ahead of time. If they can put the stuff on the street and get the people hooked they can get more money later. We always come back for more. Junkies, thats all we are to them.