#1 Posted by Aelric (401 posts) -

Ok, not really, but I have been up until the wee hours with this game, from the minute work ends to the minute I fall asleep. I bought it on a whim from gog due to the cover of a Native American fighting a viking. What was inside was an amazingly deep storytelling game with layers of strategy, sim and rpg inside. I had never heard of it before last week but it really deserves to be better known. There is also apparently an iOS version too. I highly recommend people play this game.

#2 Posted by csl316 (7345 posts) -

Random cultural battles? So like this?

#3 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11001 posts) -

I really liked what I played of King of Dragon Pass. I think the best way to describe it would be that it's a... fantasy clan simulation strategy game? The mechanics are a bit opaque though, which is something I don't necessarily like in my strategy games.

#4 Posted by triple07 (1193 posts) -

I bought this games off the GOG sale earlier in the summer and man is it good. I haven't gotten particularly far in it yet but from what I've played it is a really unique experience.

#5 Edited by Aelric (401 posts) -

I really liked what I played of King of Dragon Pass. I think the best way to describe it would be that it's a... fantasy clan simulation strategy game? The mechanics are a bit opaque though, which is something I don't necessarily like in my strategy games.

Yeah, I stumbled around for a while but the wiki is helpful with a spoiler free beginners guide that explains the mechanics while the randomness still makes it difficult. It's a rocky start but it you can get through the ten years of game time, stockpileing food and cattle at first to have flexibility, you can usually get to a good place...unless you get a drought in that time, then just go ahead and restart, because ending the drought required perfect memory and random circumstances that are hard to pull off early on.