#1 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -

As if announcing a second HD collection wasn't enough, at D23 Japan, Square Enix showed off some new footage of Kingdom Hearts III:

To me this looks more like gameplay then the first trailer did but it could also be CG, hard to tell.

#2 Edited by afabs515 (850 posts) -

Looks like we're going to disney world! Warning: you must be at least 50 fps to ride

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Holy shit that looks good.

#4 Posted by DeadeyeMcCoy (231 posts) -

I can't even tell if it's prerendered either, but I can already feel the hype toxin seeping into my bloodstream. Fuck.

#5 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

Nah that isn't CG I mean it does look like regular ass kingdom hearts gameplay even down to be fighting heartless, also that train stuff looked cool but only if you're the one controlling it

#6 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -

Update: A 1080p version from Disney Japan's youtube is now embedded in the post.

#7 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (921 posts) -

Square isn't one to show CG and call it gameplay, if they want to show a CG cutscene they will show a CG cutscene.

#8 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -
#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Looks awesome.

Did his keyblade turn into a gun or some shit at one point, though? Or am I just seeing things?

#10 Posted by BisonHero (5688 posts) -

Donald's lifeless face at 0:55 was kind of amusing to me, but whatever, this game is super early.

Also, when I think about it, Kingdom Hearts and Disney Infinity serve as an interesting contrast to each other: one's a weird crossover of all that old shit (traditional cel animation) while the other is a weird crossover of all that new shit (CG animation, newer live action movies).

#11 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (921 posts) -

@tepidshark: Unless there was some Killzone 2 type controversy about that trailer i am forgetting and i am totally mistaken, that just looks like CG and gameplay mixed together and doesn't claim to be gameplay. The KH3 trailer looks very much like gameplay, and unless there intentionally trying to fool people Sora's clothes don't look nearly as good as the ones Square can do in CG, too many jagged edges up close at 37 seconds in.

#12 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: Not to belabor the point but if you put a hud over something aren't you then trying to claim that what is being shown is gameplay?

#13 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (921 posts) -

@tepidshark: Yes i would say it would be heavily implied that that was gameplay, but with that FF13 video any shot with the HUD looks like those where the in-game shots, not CG unless im mistaken?

#14 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: I think that is the point. I believe what is shown in that FF13 trailer to be "gameplay" (the stuff with the HUD) is not even close to what the final product was. (or I think so, I never played FF13.) The KH3 stuff looks cool but I am just curious if that is what will actually in the final game.

#15 Posted by Aegon (5125 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: I think that is the point. I believe what is shown in that FF13 trailer to be "gameplay" (the stuff with the HUD) is not even close to what the final product was. (or I think so, I never played FF13.) The KH3 stuff looks cool but I am just curious if that is what will actually in the final game.

I don't think much of this stuff is final. Nomura said a while ago that Sora would have a new costume and it was heavily implied that what we saw in the first trailer was in game. Some of this doesn't quite look of the same quality. It'll be a while before this thing is released. But whatever, I'd rather they show their progress more frequently rather than keep silent for ages.

#16 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (921 posts) -

@tepidshark: The sections with the HUD are more or less what FF13 looked like in-engine, so i would bet what we get with the final release of KH3 is basically this.

#17 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: But FF13 didn't play like what was shown, did it?

#18 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (921 posts) -

@tepidshark: Its a JRPG, so you selected an attack and the animations play out just like that, so yes but its not really interactive like an action game.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (7582 posts) -

Fuck, that video overloaded my hype meter. FUUUCK!

@_zombie_: Yeah, at the end of that big fire combo.

#20 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

It was a concept trailer back than. Everything was brand new and that is what the vision was. However you do not even know if this was impossible or just not fu to play like that. Graphic wise it was near that stuff.

#21 Edited by believer258 (11063 posts) -

@tepidshark said:

@lego_my_eggo: But FF13 didn't play like what was shown, did it?

FF13 looks a lot like an action game when you watch someone play it. In reality, though, you are just picking options from a menu. You just have to be pretty quick about because combat moves really fast.

Also, this... well, it looks like Kingdom Hearts. You mash X a lot and stare at a bunch of colors, trying to figure out what the hell you're doing.

#22 Posted by xyzygy (9637 posts) -

Wow this shit looks good. Maybe I will finally get into Kingdom Hearts when this releases. It's still coming for X1 right?

#23 Edited by Snail (8477 posts) -

I'm stoked, hyped, excited. I've been waiting for this game for too long.

A proper, new Kingdom Hearts home-console game, with improved graphics and better mechanics, starring Sora. Like, holy shit, finally. Let's hope the story isn't the kind of up-its-own-ass, obtuse, obnoxious plot that previous games have seemingly striven for (haven't actually played them). That might be too much to ask out of a modern Square Enix game though!

#24 Posted by Snail (8477 posts) -

OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT THAT HERCULES BOSS I'M BUYING THIS GAME.

WHO EVEN CARES IF THE SQUEENIX PART OF THE STORY IS TERRIBLE SO LONG AS THE DISNEY PART IS THERE.

#25 Posted by gokaired (425 posts) -

I missed out on the kKH craze, i'm waiting till 1-2.5 are bundled someway then i'll get 3, this looks good though.

#26 Edited by mrfluke (4855 posts) -

that last piece of that trailer where he's charging to go fight one of the titans on a goddam flying train.

yep they done got me on board.

#27 Edited by EXTomar (4130 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts is the one series where I want them to embrace going completely crazy with. Going super fantastic with crazier scenes than God of War is kind of what the game needs!

#28 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

Looks nice