It's on Steam now

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

But why is it $10? I know this is no Angry Birds: Star Wars, but $10 for a $1 mobile game? Where did the extra $9 come from?

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@white said:

But why is it $10? I know this is no Angry Birds: Star Wars, but $10 for a $1 mobile game? Where did the extra $9 come from?

I don't know. Do you make games? Have you play the game to see if anything new is in it?

If you think the price is to high than you don't have to buy it.

Concise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Concise

I haven't played either version of the game, but from what I've seen about it they've eliminated microtransactions and included the expansions for free. Whether that justifies the new price point or not is up to the consumer, I suppose.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@concise said:

I haven't played either version of the game, but from what I've seen about it they've eliminated microtransactions and included the expansions for free. Whether that justifies the new price point or not is up to the consumer, I suppose.

Having all the heroes would be really cool. I was not at all willing to buy them in the F2P, they cost more than the game to buy.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mikey87144

@white said:

Kingdom Rush is $3 on mobile. Also the cost probably has to do with with upping the art assets. That stuff costs money. It's $7.50 on steam right now if you want it.

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Didn't the mobile versions have microtransactions for heroes etc? I think this is just a one off buy.

Anyone have it and finding curiously long load times? Especially for such basic 2D gfx.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

curious about this. keep seeing my sister's husband love it for the past year..... don't know if I want to PAY since he's claiming how awesome it's free.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think this game is very good!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Started playing this couple of days ago, got it with the small sale. You get all the heroes (that I believe you have to pay for in the free version?). With a few more free new maps and heroes coming. There are no microtransactions left in it.

Has definitely been worth it, for the amount of time you can sink into it, if going for 100% challenges. Looks nice and crisp too.

My only negative comment would be that a few of the extra challenges require too specific a tower placement and choices as well as foreknowledge of weave distribution. And I'm not willing to look stuff up, as that would kind of feel like cheating :P

When/If they add the Frontiers content i'll definitely pick that up as well.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

From what I understand, this isn't just a port of the mobile game. It has been rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of PC hardware. Also, all the mobile version was full of microtransactions, whereas this version has none of that.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By GS_Dan

Sounds like it's similar to the version that was included in one of the Android Humble Bundles, which doesn't have any microtransactions either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think this game is very good!

I do!

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sounds like a great example of "Just charge me $X once for the full game." I might have to check this out at some point.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Totally worth the price with all the Michael Transactions removed. I've bought it twice already this might make it number 3.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would totally buy this version with all the heroes unlocked, if it weren't for the fact that I've finished the game a couple of times. Its my favourite tower defense game by far.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ripelivejam

haven't played this before and what i've gone through so far i've really enjoyed.

surprised i haven't played that much tower defense, considering how inundated we are with it.

also what would edge casey have to say about this game?