Pretty boring

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yeah, that's what I figured. It looks like a run of the mill take on an old idea. If the story was any good I might think of trying it, but Im not sure of that either. Probably gonna end up picking it up in the bargain bin.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Looked like it fell in the Kameo category for me. Mediocre kid-friendly launch title kind of game. Which is why I just got Killzone with my bundle... at least it looks pretty and I liked Killzone 2.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

So it's a launch title? Alrighty then.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What you say could be completing l completely true but l can't trust the word of someone who uses the ps2 Crash games when referencing the series.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I look forward to playing it someday, but always intended to wait until it pops up for free on PS+

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I'll still be picking it up on launch day. From what I've seen it looks like a pretty fun game, but I haven't actually played it yet, shame if it turns out to be bland.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anwar: I thought it was more of a kids/casual game. Is that not right? I could see it being a bit boring, especially if the demo had it at a less than challenging difficulty level.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By mrcraggle

I played it very briefly at Eurogamer and it seemed fine for its targeted demographic. This could be Sony's next big franchise but who knows. Most launch titles are fairly bad or just rushed and don't explore their full potential (see Uncharted 2).

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Looked like it fell in the Kameo category for me.

That is exactly the game that I was reminded of whenever I see Knack. I didn't mind Kameo, but then again I made the mistake of buying a launch console so I probably had a skewed perspective on the game. I think psychologists would say that it is self-deception with a bit of cognitive dissonance thrown in.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

It kind of reminds me of Kameo. A game out of time really that shouldn't be on consoles because lets be honest that style of game rarely works anymore. But I really liked Kameo and would probably like this game. But I also bought Kameo for like $10 used so...

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels like a 3/5 type game is I'm gonna make any sort of presumption on the types of reviews this game will receive, even if it has a good story going for it I don't think it will be enough to hold anyone's attention over the simplistic game play. I guess you still need those nice simplistic games for kids on consoles but it makes me wonder with the kids of today how many of them would rather just play an iOS game.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it very briefly at Eurogamer and it seemed fine for its targeted demographic. This could be Sony's next big franchise but who knows. Most launch titles are fairly bad or just rushed and don't explore their full potential (see Uncharted 2).

What are you referencing Uncharted 2 for? Uncharted 1 wasn't a launch game, it came out a full year after the PS3.

As for Knack, I think it looks neat but not something I would put money down on until I read some reviews first.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella said:

What you say could be completing l completely true but l can't trust the word of someone who uses the ps2 Crash games when referencing the series.

What.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of this generation. Its way of merging gameplay and cinematics is way beyond most other games and it was also a game that had to be made in order for The Last of Us to exist today.

Please specify where U2 fails.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I believe he meant the game plays like it should have been Naughty Dog's Playstation 2 franchise, if Naughty Dog hadn't gone open world (and eventually guns) with Jak and Daxter instead. Not that it reminds him of PS2 Crash games.

Obviously I'll wait to see video or get my hands on it at a kiosk somewhere but seeing as there haven't been many light, goofy platformers this generation other than the Ratchet series (which I haven't played since Going Commando, admittedly) I do have a bit of a soft spot for Knack until it proves to me I just have to leave games like that in the past.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

@mrcraggle said:

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of this generation. Its way of merging gameplay and cinematics is way beyond most other games and it was also a game that had to be made in order for The Last of Us to exist today.

Please specify where U2 fails.

I think what mrcraggle is saying is that Uncharted 2 is what Uncharted: Drake's Fortune should've been.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@zella said:

What.

The PS2 Crash games were... shit.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By PandaBear

Knack has always looked shit. I think they gave Cerny a free pass for all his hard work. But yeah, it doesn't even look that impressive. Probably should have been a PS3/PSV title

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't you just go memorize more Korn lyrics then.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew Knack would be uninteresting and generic the moment I saw the first footage, maybe it's geared more towards kids?

Either way I'm not getting it.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Do we have to keep judging games before they come out?

I'm completely willing to accept that this'll be one bland-ass game, but man, just wait to actually see and whine about some other stuff then.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anwar said:

@joshwent: I've played it, so I don't see why I'm not allowed to say what I think about this game, how about you stop whining when somebody talks about an unreleased game?

its criticism, OP has the right to voice an opinion, its not the be all end all opinion, no opinion is like that. everyone has a different opinion,

for instance, i also played it at a convention and i disagree with the OP as i found it to be pretty fun as they succeeded at making a throwback title (i believe cerny is on record saying its a throwback type of title)

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

It kind of reminds me of Kameo. A game out of time really that shouldn't be on consoles because lets be honest that style of game rarely works anymore. But I really liked Kameo and would probably like this game. But I also bought Kameo for like $10 used so...

I'm not getting a PS4 at launch, but if I were I'd probably be picking this up. Kameo was probably my favorite early 360 game too. I kind of am drawn to titles like this because there just aren't that many decent ones being made anymore, and usually you can't find them on PC. I guess I'll agree with you that they don't work anymore in that they don't have the mass market appeal to support a big budget and I'm in the minority.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella: This. Correct good sir.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About what I expected then. Looked like a Kameo-esque launch game, which, I dunno guys, I don't need every single game I play to be mindblowing. I like to relax and play easy games every once in a while, too.

I won't buy it for $60, but I think 10-25 / free on PS+ is reasonable.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: I referenced UC2 simply because it's the only sequel to an early PS3 exclusive that really delivered in its sequel. I couldn't exactly say the same for the sequels to Haze, Lair or Genji. The PS3 also came out in Europe in March 2007 and the first year for the PS3 was pretty dire.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By csl316

Meh, Crash 2 had a jump, slide, and attack. And that's one of my favorite PS1 games.

If anything, I wish the Knack combat was a little simpler. I'm worried that they're putting brawler mechanics into a platformer.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect it to be about as complex as some of the PS2-era 3D action-platformers that it is so clearly attempting to emulate. Games don't really need to be complex to be enjoyable, and Knack will be something enjoyable to play at launch on my new console. I think that's exactly the niche it is supposed to fit into.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a good platformer like Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter for the new consoles and this seems like the only game on PS4 or the XBO like that so I'm hoping this ends up being that game.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me of another boring launch title...

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: I referenced UC2 simply because it's the only sequel to an early PS3 exclusive that really delivered in its sequel. I couldn't exactly say the same for the sequels to Haze, Lair or Genji. The PS3 also came out in Europe in March 2007 and the first year for the PS3 was pretty dire.

That's perfectly fine, but it doesn't work because it wasn't a launch title(for USA, Japan, or Europe).

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BoOzak

I played Ryse at Eurogamer and that was complete shit. I'm willing to bet it'll improve by the time it comes out though. I dont think conventions are the best place to judge games. I'm pretty sure there's going to be more gameplay elements in the actual game. Whether it's fun to play or not, who knows. Conceptually Knack does seem kind of bland though.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be more than happy to play a casual platformer as one of the launch titles, but Knack's visual design seems incredibly bland. I'm all for cartoony look, but not something overly saturday morning-like...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@glottery said:

I'd be more than happy to play a casual platformer as one of the launch titles, but Knack's visual design seems incredibly bland. I'm all for cartoony look, but not something overly saturday morning-like...

I don't know, I kind of like the design. It is hard to look at the gameplay and not just see a particle system Ganondorf running around punching Shreks in the face, though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Even Kameo had more than one three hit combo guys.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason this game exists is to demonstrate the particle effects. Just based on the QL and everything they showed off prior to launch, it looked pretty bland gameplay wise.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Knack is the next generation incarnation of every mediocre mascot action-platformer dating back to the PS2.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Exactly as I expected. I'm still going to play through it since it's in my possession and I want to play games on my shiny new console.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nekroskop

Launch game voes. Keep on waiting is all I have to say.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Knack is the next generation incarnation of every mediocre mascot action-platformer dating back to the PS2.

And for some (bizarre) reason that seems interesting to me, I dunno.