Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably snag it for current gen to play it now as opposed to "now later".

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By probablytuna

Might pick this up when I get a PS4, but that's gonna be a while.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm picking it up for PS4, just to have something to play. I don't play them regularly, but i find it fun to pick up a Lego game every couple of year.

Plus, LEGO SQUIRREL GIRL!!!!!!!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pick it up for Ps4 in due time.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I did want to get the PS4 version but the price difference between that and the PC version is just a bit too much for me so I'll just get a digital copy on PC.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So... I have played a little of Lega Star Wars, a little bit of Lego Pirates and 1/2 of Lego Lord Of The Rings.

Are these games not mind meltingly boring? There's no challenge, and finding out what to do next is more frustrating than it is problem solving of any kind. Aside from the graphics and the cutscenes (which were funny in Lego Star Wars but aren't really funny at all in LOTR)... what's the point? Playing them feels like watching cartoons for preschoolers, or Sesame Street. I appreciate the art, but for the most part, my brain just feels insulted.

I know people will say "Well it's for kids", but when I was a kid, I was playing Ninja Gaiden, or Strider, or Megaman, or Faxanadu. I strongly feel like these lego games would have felt as insulting to me then as they feel to me now.

Aside from the ironic appeal of "legos are awesome"... what do people like about these games?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EXTomar

What is the point to playing Dark Souls? It turns out that asking "what is the point..." is not a very interesting question for aesthetics because the answer is always simple: It please them.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

Sounds like it could be fun. Anyone know the release date on the next gen versions? Think it would be a nice grab for my shiny new ps4

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

What is the point to playing Dark Souls? It turns out that asking "what is the point..." is not a very interesting question for aesthetics because the answer is always simple: It please them.

That doesn't address what people like about them...

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By striderno9

I wanted to wait for the PS4 version but with woman wants her LEGO Marvel now. Plus, it frees up my budget to get another game at launch, so I'll be going with the Xbox 360 version today or tomorrow.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrflibble

This game isn't out in the UK for a month, if I bought the PC version off the US greenmangaming store would I have any problems using the steam key on my UK steam account?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

But... it's another LEGO game...

Unless they're including brutal realistic murder and fluid dynamics for the blood, count me out. They're like the Rare of our day, providing collect-a-thons every couple years.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played a Lego game since the original Star Wars one, so I might actually pick this up. The formal is by no means stale to me and I really, REALLY love the Marvel universe.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RE_Player1

Is the Vita version just a 3DS port again?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Unless they're including brutal realistic murder and fluid dynamics for the blood, count me out. They're like the Rare of our day, providing collect-a-thons every couple years.

As a fan of those old Rare collect-a-thons, I find this comparison unwarranted. There were 4 (four) Rare platformers on the N64 over its lifetime and one of them was very much anti-collectable. There have been something like 15 LEGO games in the last 8 years, and they're all pretty much the same.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Played the demo.

I love the look of all the lego games but hated playing them. This changed that. Looks rad but it comes out in the UK on November 15th.... WHAT?!

Sphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting for Lego: Warhammer 40,000. I mean I know it'll likely never happen but can you imagine Lego Titans?

Any one else's pants get tight all of a sudden?

Professorreid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So excited! Can't wait to play it later on today.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow. I was going to wait for the PS4 version, but it's $30 more than the PC version!? The PC one isn't diminished in any way is it? Subpar? Any reason "not" to get that one?

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Added it to my Steam wishlist. Will be fun with friends/family I'm sure. The Marvel thing seems to fit well with the LEGO aesthetic and game design.

@ch3burashka said:

As a fan of those old Rare collect-a-thons, I find this comparison unwarranted. There were 4 (four) Rare platformers on the N64 over its lifetime and one of them was very much anti-collectable. There have been something like 15 LEGO games in the last 8 years, and they're all pretty much the same.

Conker was refreshing in its take to be all non-collecty I guess but it still made you find the wads of cash and I got stuck because of it. Heck, the only non-FPS Rare game I liked without reservations from the N64 days was the original Banjo-Kazooie. Banjo-Tooie was a mess of good and bad ideas and Donkey Kong 64 was awful. I'd lump Jet Force Gemini in with those since it was as much a (bad) platformer as it was an (adequate) action game, with a crap ton of collectables.

Rare's best years were 1995-1998 with releases like DKC 2 and 3, Banjo-Kazooie, GoldenEye...I mean, I liked Perfect Dark, Conker (played recently on emulators), and Star Fox Adventures alright but they've just not been as masterful as they were during those years. Well, Perfect Dark was a ton better than GoldenEye ever was, but...I'm rambling now about an unrelated topic. MW out!

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't wait, Lego games are always fun.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always want to give these games a go, but for whatever stupid reason they never have anything but local co-op on PC which makes them useless.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@mormonwarrior: EDIT: STUPID FORUMS EATING MAH POSTS

I won't defend DK64, I think it has some pretty serious issues with level design and an overabundance of really annoying minigames, but I will not suffer anyone talking mess about Banjo-Tooie. That game is the Harder, Faster, More Challenging Banjo-Kazooie that it set out to be, and while perhaps not as coherent a game as its predecessor I think it holds up just fine.

Anyways, Lego games. I think Lego LotR was alright from the bits I played of it, but it's still very much a modest improvement over the first Lego Star Wars game I played back in 2005.

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what, it's November 14th here? Aww man, I was looking forward to today :( Makes no sense considering it's made in England, you'd think us Europeans'd get it first, but nope. Apparently #NoOceans isn't just for stuff made on the Western side of the Atlantic and beyond.

This is just ridiculous.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JazGalaxy

@ch3burashka said:

Yeah, Banjo was all about collecting, but really that's pretty much the only one. And of that collecting, little of it was REQUIRED.

Besides, collecting stuff is a gameplay rule. It exists to force the player to have to navigate the environment and traverse the map. It's about engaging with the game. I find it infinitely preferable to "event driven" games where you just go from one spot to another, watch the cutscene, go to the next spot, watch the cut scene, etc.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on buying it as a Christmas present for my son - or for me, I haven't decided yet.

Either way, can't wait to play it. Well, I guess I am but you know what I mean.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, Lego games. I think Lego LotR was alright from the bits I played of it, but it's still very much a modest improvement over the first Lego Star Wars game I played back in 2005.

I'm not sure when the last time you played Lego Star Wars (2005) or Lego Star Wars II (2006) but I think there's been substantial improvement over the years. It was just hard to notice since it was such small improvements over so many games.

The only reason I noticed it is because I just went from playing LotR to playing Star Wars II and I was kind of blown away by how time has ravaged the old ones.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater said:

I'm not sure when the last time you played Lego Star Wars (2005) or Lego Star Wars II (2006) but I think there's been substantial improvement over the years. It was just hard to notice since it was such small improvements over so many games.

The only reason I noticed it is because I just went from playing LotR to playing Star Wars II and I was kind of blown away by how time has ravaged the old ones.

It's been years since I've played either of the original Lego Star Wars, so I'll take your word for it.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to get this for PS4 but it's $26.99 on Steam right now. I'm very tempted to just pick it up for pc.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sphinx said:

I'm waiting for Lego: Warhammer 40,000. I mean I know it'll likely never happen but can you imagine Lego Titans?

Any one else's pants get tight all of a sudden?

I never thought of that before ... now I want it. DAMN YOU

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep holding out for this one (lego-y spoiler warning):

Loading Video...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might pick it up. Looks fun.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a sucker for these Lego games. I guess because I can play it with my three year old watching. He loves them. So I will, no doubt, be getting this game.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have kids so we have all these. This is more of the same stuff but as a reward for doing homework and practicing your instrument, it ain't half bad. I even get to play sometimes.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play the TT Lego games religiously. This is honestly the only thing tempting me to buy a next generation console right now.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Lookin up reviews for a Lego game awwww yea

I have kids so we have all these. This is more of the same stuff but as a reward for doing homework and practicing your instrument, it ain't half bad. I even get to play sometimes.

STOP ABUSING YOUR KIDS

And they don't need instruments, they need a job! Practicing instrument, yep that will help them in life..

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39  Edited By mike

How different is the Xbox One/PS4 version really going to be? Something tells me for a game like this it may just be more AA and/or a better framerate or some additional post processing.

iainfarrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

The PC Demo of this is glorious but I'm torn between whether or not to get it on the PC or my Wii U. Has anyone played with the game on a Wii U yet? I'm wondering what the performance is like.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HoboZero

@egg: Making your kids learn an instrument is the BEST thing you can do for them, especially if they are going to college. Put it this way: Mick Jagger looks like a hideous ogre-spawn, has 7 kids from 4 wives.

Back on topic - for fans of the Lego games this is tons of fun. Lots of references to other properties, films, even the old Spider-man cartoon ;) Probably the most fun I have had with a Lego game since the original Star Wars releases

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HermanBloom
@jazgalaxy said:

So... I have played a little of Lega Star Wars, a little bit of Lego Pirates and 1/2 of Lego Lord Of The Rings.

Are these games not mind meltingly boring? There's no challenge, and finding out what to do next is more frustrating than it is problem solving of any kind. Aside from the graphics and the cutscenes (which were funny in Lego Star Wars but aren't really funny at all in LOTR)... what's the point? Playing them feels like watching cartoons for preschoolers, or Sesame Street. I appreciate the art, but for the most part, my brain just feels insulted.

I know people will say "Well it's for kids", but when I was a kid, I was playing Ninja Gaiden, or Strider, or Megaman, or Faxanadu. I strongly feel like these lego games would have felt as insulting to me then as they feel to me now.

Aside from the ironic appeal of "legos are awesome"... what do people like about these games?

I play them because I don't find them boring at all. I enjoy the collecting, and the humour in them, and I actually find them a challenge at times. I don't really know what to say if you find these games insulting though. I've been much more bored and wondered what was the point in countless FPS games, and RPG's. And I also grew up playing Megaman as a kid, not that I feel that makes any difference anyway.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DoctorTran

Pretty sure I'll just get this for the X1.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Game looks absolutely incredible. Loved LEGO Batman 2 and I'll definitely pick this up come Christmas break.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I want to get one of these LEGO games and only one since more would be too repetitive for me. But that leaves me wondering which one to get, since there's been one hundred of them and at least one for basically every IP.

I'll probably end up getting the next Batman one they put out.

dmaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really wish I had seen that the PC version had offline co-op before getting the 360 version, since it was $20 cheaper.

Oh well though, I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a great couch co-op game, and it definitely helps that I'm a massive Marvel comics fan. I don't know, there's just something fun about playing these games. They are definitely simple and easy, but it works for me. It's my nice wind-down break at night.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would pick it up on Wii U if it got DLC support but that seems unlikely so I will probably pick it up down the line on PS4 (or maybe Wii U) when it gets cheap.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Unsurprising. I probably won't get it. Never really been into these, but I've been impressed from a distance with some of the things they've been doing.

That Lord of the Rings one looked funny though. The Star Wars ones were always cute and clever, but the real voice samples from the movies just make the Lord of the Rings one seem hilarious.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I played this for about an hour today on Xbox and I'm done with it. It's just way too simple and hand-holdy to keep my interest for longer than that. The scripted forced character switching is pretty bad...I know that's what these games are and definitely pick it up if you're a huge Lego or Marvel fan, but otherwise it's probably not worth it unless you're six years old.

enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

$22.50 for the PC version on GreenMan Gaming (gives you a Steam code). Looks awesome on PC.