User Lists: 1

Am I the only duder interested in LBP3?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've only ever played the Vita LBP but I liked it a bunch. I'll probably pick this one up too. The E3 demo looked pretty good. Some of the community stuff of LBP just amazes me.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShaggE

As a late adopter, I'm still having my pants charmed off by LBP2 and Karting, but I'm definitely down for more.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I still haven't beaten 1 or 2. I don't even think I beat REX in the Metal Gear dlc.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave up halfway through LBP 1. Charming as all fuck, but terrible, TERRIBLE controls!! Let me know if they fix them.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pumped as shit. I love LBP

TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

As others have said, it has my heart with its charm and I do love spending some time with the LBP. games. Having said that, the controls are awful and it is not much actual fun to play. I am so torn on it, but I will definitely get LBP3 if the controls are more responsive and snappier.

CDUB901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As others have said, it has my heart with its charm and I do love spending some time with the LBP. games. Having said that, the controls are awful and it is not much actual fun to play. I am so torn on it, but I will definitely get LBP3 if the controls are more responsive and snappier.

Don't hold your breath on that one. Because all LBP 1 and 2 community levels will work with LBP, they can't possibly change how the game plays. Surely the physics will still be the same.

Transporting all those old levels to the new game is cool and all, but honestly I think it'll hurt them in the long run. They should've started completely over and changed the physics for a more tighter experience like a mario or super meat boy.

LBP has amazing charm, visuals and level creator. But if you are making a platforming game and the platforming itself is complete dogshit, then your game isn't good. Everything else around it is solid as hell, but the controls are the ONE thing above all else you have to get right in a platformer and it doesn't. This is coming from someone who owns every single game in the series by the way.

Yea, some of you might say that it's not a platformer with everything this game CAN be, but since it's debut it was always meant to be a platformer and jumping around is a majority of the game.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The controls are "tightened up a bit". They said the same about LPB2 so we'll see. Something about it being a little bit snappier. It never bothered me but I can totally see it and it's a shame for such a great game to be overlooked because of the controls. The fact that it's not a platformer but a PHYSICS platformer doesn't really help. It is what it is. Ultimately it's up to the creator to design levels that are great to play.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, no thanks.

I was stoked for lbp2 but other than the cool visuals the most I got out of the series were those crappy bookends and The Go! Team.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

This is probably gonna be my GOTY this year if it's well made. I spent so much time playing LBP1 and 2, acing every level and collecting every single prize bubble.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legend said:

This is probably gonna be my GOTY this year if it's well made. I spent so much time playing LBP1 and 2, acing every level and collecting every single prize bubble.

Tower defense games are the worst. The Move pack level is horrible. I can't reach the high scores to get the very last stickers. Gave up. The design of the level is great but I didn't think the move controls were too great.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BasketSnake
undrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello fellow LBP duder, I'm definitely getting this game when I get a PS4. Big LBP fan, spent six hours in LBPVita create mode yesterday doing random BS.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Weirdly enough, I came to the realization last earlier this week. That this is probarly my most anticipated game this year (Unless the Witness gets a date). I did not see that coming. But I guess enough time has past since 2, and I'm ready to play one of these again, and nothing else this year is really that interesting to me. I really liked the first two, didn't love the controls, but from what I'm hearing the worst should have been fixed.

I'm not one off those few that makes awesome levels, though I enjoy them. I'm one of them who spends endless hours building and planing mediocre levels that no one plays (And that's fine too) This was my minecraft when it came out. I just enjoyed spending time in the editor creating.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

I played the shit out of LBP1 and loved it despite the questionable platforming controls and physics, however, that's where my love ends for the series. I didn't like LBP2 and I haven't played any of the side games they made.

The new characters and abilities seem like a step in the right direction, but I don't know if that's enough for me to jump back in yet.

I'll probably be roped into playing this game anyway as I have a friend who is way into this series, in which case I will be taking off my critical hat and putting on my social hat and I will most likely have some fun with it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Never owned an LBP before (first Playstation since the PS1) but I'm probably going to be picking this up with another DS4.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played LBP3 a bit on an gaming event that happened down here recently, it was fun and all, but it's just the sort of thing that you HAVE to play it with other people to get the full experience and I just don't have the means to do that, I may get to convince one or 2 friends to play it once or twice, but people that would just run through the whole thing with me is something I don't have.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BasketSnake

Here's a quote from a fan. "Sumo weren't kidding when they said they tightened up Sackboy's controls!! I've been playing since 2009 and could tell an immediate difference with how responsive he is. I think you guys (whoever didn't make it into the beta) will really like the feel of it."