• 52 results
#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

Capcom has basically killed off another franchise. No matter on what your stance is on DmC it was a well produced game which failed to sell. This game joins remember me in a game which arrived to no fan fare and was basically sent to be killed off by capcom.

Polygon – 7/10

Joystiq – 2.5/5

IGN – 6.2/10

Videogamer – 5/10

GamesRadar – 2.5/5

OXM – 5/10

GamerGen – 14/20

Eurogamer – 4/10

On a more serious topic who does the main protagonist look like ? A bearded John Cusack ? Or everyone's favorite "actor" Nic Cage?

#2 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

He's got that cage look..

#3 Posted by believer258 (12178 posts) -

Eh, Nic Cage and the main character of Lost Planet 3 do not look alike at all.

#4 Posted by Cirdain (3145 posts) -

I will play this Nic Cage game just like I watch by Nic Cage films

#5 Posted by Cirdain (3145 posts) -

I will play this Nic Cage game just like I watch by Nic Cage films.

#6 Edited by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -

What the fuck is this fucking scoring out of 20 fucking bullshit? Jesus. Fuck.

"GamerGen – 14/20"

Also, I've just realised that that is a French website, so...here are some words from that French website, in Google English:

"Some dishes times"

"Rather nice"

"Many recycling"

"Finally, the GST of Spark Unlimited suffers from some technical flaws to really shine in the firmament. In sum, it is very reminiscent of a snowman: the immediate pleasure, but a brief stint. As close to the sun, it tends to melt quickly ..."

#7 Edited by Abendlaender (2887 posts) -

Some dishes times? Fuck this game, I hate dishes times!

#8 Posted by audioBusting (1672 posts) -

Eh, the whole series always have looked kinda mediocre to me.

...Now that you mention it, he does look a bit like John Cusack.

#9 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5979 posts) -

Actually, I'd say he looks exactly like the actor Noah Wyle from Falling Skies.

#10 Posted by Quarters (1857 posts) -
#11 Edited by MocBucket62 (1259 posts) -

Man there was little to no coverage of this game based on what I've seen, and I guess I see why now.

#12 Posted by MocBucket62 (1259 posts) -

Man there was little to no coverage of this game based on what I've seen, and I guess I see why now.

#13 Posted by Humanity (10049 posts) -

Remember Me got really ill treated by critics. The game got some pretty low scores that it certainly didn't deserve as it was a fairly interesting game set in a really beautifully realized world.

This on the other hand seems quite lackluster.

#14 Posted by Castiel (2732 posts) -

I'm still slightly interested in this game. If nothing else I like the main character's look, Nic Cage or not, he looks normal. He doesn't look like a Hollywood actor but just like a normal human being. One of the things the game has been getting credit for is it's likeable well written characters, even if the story unfortunately is a little bland.

I'm still interested in checking this out.

#15 Edited by Morningstar (2238 posts) -

Gameinformer just in with a 6/10.

#16 Posted by Morningstar (2238 posts) -

Gameinformer just in with a 6/10.

#17 Edited by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I see your Noah Wyle and raise you a Dylan Mcdermott

#18 Edited by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I see your Noah Wyle and raise you a Dylan Mcdermott

#19 Posted by spankingaddict (2735 posts) -

Hey guys , Lost Planet was never good . SORRY

#20 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Year of the mediocre?

#21 Edited by spankingaddict (2735 posts) -

The main character looks like a man who enjoys cold weather .

#22 Posted by VirtuaGrant (52 posts) -

Reminds me of Sharlto Copley as Kruger in Elysium:

Also Lost Planet has always seemed like the very definition of middle of the road, mediocre gaming to me.

#23 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

Shame. I really liked that first game. Probably because it was the first game I got with my 360 and it was all I had for a while. But still, I had fun with the online. Shame that it never took off or got better.

#24 Posted by BeachThunder (12398 posts) -

But what about its b Mediocre Game?

#25 Edited by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

Another beaten horse, LP should have stopped after 1. It was solid and innovative and only got progressively worse and worse.

#26 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1930 posts) -

"GamerGen – 14/20"

Also, I've just realised that that is a French website, so...here are some words from that French website, in Google English:

"Some dishes times"

"Rather nice"

"Many recycling"

"Finally, the GST of Spark Unlimited suffers from some technical flaws to really shine in the firmament. In sum, it is very reminiscent of a snowman: the immediate pleasure, but a brief stint. As close to the sun, it tends to melt quickly ..."

You do realize that most websites use a 20 point scale, correct? They just use a max score of 10 and score to the .5 instead of using only whole numbers and having a max score 20.

#27 Edited by PhantomGardener (470 posts) -

Gametrailers.com gave it a 7.7/10

#28 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11379 posts) -

You know, mediocre sounds a lot better than the pile of garbage that was Lost Planet 2. Or so I heard, I never actually played it.

#29 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Wait, this series is still around?

#30 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3113 posts) -

As someone who actually thought Lost Planet 2 was an improvement over the first game- and relatively enjoyable, if pretty janky in a lot of places- nothing in 3 seemed like it was worth being excited about.

#31 Posted by SunBroZak (1341 posts) -

Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well, another for the bargain bin.

#32 Posted by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

"GamerGen – 14/20"

"Some dishes times"

"Rather nice"

"Many recycling"

You do realize that most websites use a 20 point scale, correct? They just use a max score of 10 and score to the .5 instead of using only whole numbers and having a max score 20.

My binary point scale is the only scale worth a damn: 0 = don't play it, 1 = play it. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

#videogamereviewersonblast

#yourea20pointscale

#33 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:

@fattony12000 said:

"GamerGen – 14/20"

"Some dishes times"

"Rather nice"

"Many recycling"

My binary point scale is the only scale worth a damn: 0 = don't play it, 1 = play it. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

#yourea20pointscale

I would actually get behind that scale.

#34 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

#35 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@fattony12000:

I'd accept it with one minor alteration: make it trinary.

-1=Don't play

1=Play

0=We have not determined the quality of this game yet

#36 Posted by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -

@video_game_king:

That would be highly superfluous, if a game does not have a score then it hasn't been rated yet.

@kerse:

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

#37 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3981 posts) -

Still can't get past the main character's Nicholas Cage with an even longer face design.

#38 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Was this series ever really popular though?

you should be glad it got all the way to the third game

#39 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12103 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

Wait, this series is still around?

Yep. Not for long after this one though. Apparently 3rd person shooters set on an ice planet aren't so hot this year.

EDIT: Oh wait, this was developed by Spark Unlimited? Ok, mystery solved.

#40 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:

@fattony12000 said:

"GamerGen – 14/20"

"Some dishes times"

"Rather nice"

"Many recycling"

#yourea20pointscale

I prefer the check, check+, check- scale

#41 Posted by HiCZoK (248 posts) -

I have it on pc and loving it. Dont understant any reviews....

Great charcters, atmosphere and really really good graphics - pc version here

#42 Edited by Xshinobi (404 posts) -

Well at lease it is better that part 2. I will pick this up on a Steam sale.

#43 Posted by csl316 (9416 posts) -

Reminds me of Sharlto Copley as Kruger in Elysium:

Also Lost Planet has always seemed like the very definition of middle of the road, mediocre gaming to me.

I was gonna look for a photo but you got it for me, huzzah!

#44 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2294 posts) -

I know the game won't play all that well but I'm interested in the characters and the setting that I still would like to give the game a go, might wait till there's nothing else to play and the price comes down.

#45 Edited by handlas (2748 posts) -

Has anyone been playing it and thus can have an educated opinion on it for themselves?

I did... I've had a mild interest in Lost Planet games but never played them. The characters and nice facial animations basically sold me on this one because I have nothing else to play atm. So far, that stuff has been really terrific. I'm 2 hours in and am quite surprised at how great it is considering the scores it got. It's got kind of an open-world mission structure. You hop in your rig and go out into the ice planet to complete missions. Your rig even has a music playlist. The ability (most of the time) to jump out of your rig and go at it on foot is nice.

My only qualms so far are the cover system doesn't feel great and in certain parts enemies seem to respawn infinitely until you get past a certain predefined area. I'm playing on hard so that is a pain but I imagine on normal it's not... most of the enemies are going down with one shotgun shot. The main problems I heard was the shooting isn't fun and going back to your base becomes a pain. Neither of which have bothered me thus far.

I'll chalk this game up as underrated unless it gets real sh*tty all the sudden.

#46 Edited by Ares42 (2794 posts) -

@handlas: Been playing it myself the last few days, and while it certainly won't blow anyone away it's pretty good for what it is.

I find it sorta ironic that we live in this "world" where we're told that the mid-tier games no longer exist, but every time one of them pops up everyone shits on it like it's the worst garbage ever. Makes me wonder if it's really the mid-tier games that are gone, or if it's just that people only accept excellence these days. While I'd certainly not argue for this game being better than certain other games that has come out this year and been praised to the skies, I would say that there's plenty of games out there that could learn something from Lost Planet 3 when it comes to balancing gameplay and story.

#47 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (474 posts) -

@ares42: @hiczok: I agree, just finished the campaign and it's pretty enjoyable. Definitely a mid-tier title.

#48 Posted by Matterman (16 posts) -

Yeah I think this game deserves a lot more credit than it's actually getting for its worldbuilding, relatable characters and great writing. Not to mention that this game comes from Spark Unlimited, the guys who did Legendary and Turning Point

#49 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

The sheer, unabashed potential for awesome that defines the premise of this franchise, and its successful first iteration, only makes its consistently turbulent development cycle infinitely more of a shame.

Remember when they had to cut out, like, half of the second game so it could fit on a 360 disc? Or perhaps it was so it would perform better on the console. And then they gave it to Spark Unlimited. Good grief. Just glad those guys don't have Battlefront on their hands anymore.

#50 Edited by James_Hayward (477 posts) -

a game that mostly lives in the area between 'ok' and 'great' and overall reviewed a bit lower than it should have.