Important info on Amazon's promotion (NFL Sunday Ticket)

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spiritgod

I've been back and forth with Amazon, who apparently hasn't a clue on the fine print of the promotion and had to contact DirecTV directly. I'll paste the email I got back from them that entails who is eligible for the promotion.

"Thank you for writing to ask about the Amazon offer that you will get free NFL SUNDAY TICKET.

We are confident that we are providing a wide variety of promotions and offers that our customers can take advantage of. While this is certainly a great offer, it is only for new customers at this time. Rest assured that, as the 2013 season approaches, we will update our offers for existing customers as well. The best way to stay in the loop for any special offers you may be eligible for is sign up for email alerts by logging in at (website removed).

In addition, you may watch NFL SUNDAY TICKET games using your PlayStation®3. However, you must have a base programming package. You can visit our web site at (website removed) to see the wide variety of programming choices we offer. You can also call us at 1-800-531-5000, our general customer support team is available from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PMlocal time daily."

So basically the only way to take advantage of this offer is if you are A, a new DirecTV customer, B, an existing DirecTV customer with NFL Sunday Ticket, or, C, one of those rare souls unable to receive DirecTV service because of where you live. I wish they'd define the promotion a little better, but it is what it is I suppose.

I hope this helps anyone confused, like I was, on the Amazon promotion.

*edit* I've sent one more email to DirecTV to make sure. I'll post the next response I get from them in this thread.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spiritgod

As promised, here is the email I received from my last and final encounter with DirecTV. This time it isn't so black and white.

"Thank you for writing. I understand your interest in the Madden NFL SUNDAY TICKET promotional offer being advertised at this time. I can certainly address your concerns for this today.

Based on the information, I show for fans who are not current subscribers to DIRECTV but able to obtain service at their location they will receive a promotional code entitling them to a $10 off credit for the first 12 months of service with one year free of NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX at no additional charge. This is non customers signing up for service using this promotional code to receive the additional credit.

For fans who already subscribe to DIRECTV and our NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX you would be able to access the NFL SUNDAY TICKET on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using current DIRECTV username and password for online account.

For fans who are not able to obtain DIRECTV service at their location, each Madden NFL 24 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season trial for NFL SUNDAY TICKET on there computers, tablets and mobile devices.

Basically, this offer is providing a discounted credit for people who are interested in having NFL SUNDAY TICKET and not a current DIRECTV customer. If you are a current customer the offer provides a code to allow online access for trial features only.

The details for non customers who are unable to obtain service, this means not able to set up an account with us at this time. This would provide a code to allow you online access to the season viewing of the games.

If you are not a current customer with us and have pre-ordered the Madden game for play the code is provided to you for the access of the trial viewing online during the upcoming season."

What gives a slight bit of hope is, "If you are a current customer the offer provides a code to allow online access for trail features only.", but I'm still not convinced DirecTV customers without the NFL Sunday Ticket are allowed the same benefits as new customers or people unable to receive the service. I'm keeping my pre-order just in case, but if I don't get some form of definitive proof then I'll have to cancel.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, this whole thing is pretty misleading and maybe even a tad bit dishonest. The fine print is pretty confusing, and it's clearly already ensnared some people (including Patrick based on what he said on one of last week's live streams).

When you consider the fact that DirecTV is available pretty much anywhere in the US and that they already on a regular basis offer a free year of Sunday Ticket to new subscribers, it starts to become unclear what you even stand to gain from this Madden promotion. The possible exception being the access to online features for current DirecTV customers without Sunday Ticket (if the fine print and those e-mails are being interpreted correctly).

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm thinking, against better judgement of course, on sending yet another email. To see if I can get better clarification on their clarification.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I'm a pretty big NFL fan myself and while I kinda dislike how Madden is made its still decent fun and I was considering gettin it especially for this deal. However, like the saying goes, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." There is always a catch and this is a pretty big one for most people. But since I am one of those rare people who cannot have a dish installed I guess I could be eligible for this but Im sure it would be more than a hassle for DirectTv to confirm this. They better really clarify how this works or there are going to be A LOT of angry customers asking why the box first specify any of these conditions.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been following this over at CheapAssGamer and someone there posted a link to a twitter conversation with EA Sports's director of marketing:

https://twitter.com/EAnthonyS/status/335730102715420672

In it, he refutes claims that any subscription is needed to access the trial of NFL Sunday Ticket (the trial lasts the length of the regular season, 17 weeks) and that a unique code is in every copy (of those involved in the promotion).

I currently have a preorder with Amazon. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

@omniscientcajun: If it's true that you can access the Sunday Ticket content online with no obligation to subscribe to DirecTV, then I would be all over this deal. Unfortunately, this guy at EA seems to be the only person suggesting that's actually the case.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spiritgod

@omniscientcajun: I saw that, but I can't believe it unless it comes directly from DirecTV.

@sackmanjones: Your reasoning is essentially why I have a hard time believing the promotion is a good thing for everyone. New customers I get, and I kind of understand the promotion for people unable to receive the service, but when a company can't flat out tell you what the promotion entails without using somewhat cryptic wording is where it seems bogus.

If I didn't want this so bad I'd just let it go and cancel my pre-order, but the NFL Sunday Ticket has always been something I've dreamed of having every year but the price tag always kept me away. Hopefully my next email will shed a little more light.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spiritgod

Just sent off another email to DirecTV, hopefully for the last time. I asked a pretty straightforward question about the promotion that they'll have to get real creative at dodging, though I'm sure they'll be up to the task.

*edit* Instead of writing a whole new reply below, I'll just edited this one. Got back pretty much a reply that I thought I was going to get. I'll just quote it and those reading this thread can make of it what you will.

"Thank you for writing back. I understand you still have additional questions in regards to the Madden NFL SUNDAY TICKET promotion. I can certainly address this for you today.

Please understand, this is an offer provided through Madden and not DIRECTV. The details for this offer are given by them and honored through them for signing up based on the Madden purchase.

The code provided will either allow you to create a new account with us as a customer or you are given a code to use the trial service online as a non DIRECTV customer. From my understanding this just states that if you are not a customer and not going to sign up then you can use a code provided to access the trial online."

I'm still skeptic, but I'm done. This is giving me a migraine and I'm seriously tired of getting back the same copy/paste response every time. I also am skeptic that this is all an EA deal, and that DirecTV has absolutely nothing to do with it. I might contact EA, but there's a slim chance of that as of right now.

*Last Edit* Since GB won't allow me to post in this thread, I'll edit this one for the last time. This page should give all the information one would need on this promotion, and the message isn't cryptic, at least not in my opinion. And how everything is worded, it actually does seem like EA is in full control over this promotion. Well, I hope that helps the people like me who wanted to believe this promotion was legit, or just anyone curious.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After all the final info has come out, this is certifiably a fantastic deal, especially if you flip the game for money afterward.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By jdh5153

From Amazon:

Hello,

I do understand that your concern about the promotion for this item on the detail page and I hope this e-mail reaches you.

I would like to let you know that a DirecTV subscription isn't required to receive NFL Sunday Ticket on PC/mobile/tablet devices. A full-season pass code is in every game package. You can choose to not subscribe and still receive the benefit.

Should you require any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We'd be delighted to assist you further:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

I hope this information has been helpful. We hope to hear from you again soon.

Best regards,
Jojo E.
jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just received my copy today and it comes with an insert that has a Direct TV username and password to use to login with. You can login with the iPad / iPhone app, and on the Direct TV website.

At first I was having issues and called Direct TV and they said my account was tied to Dillon's Department Stores and I was like WTF, then after about 20 minutes they said that it won't be active until August 29th and then you can login to make sure everything works.

AFter getting off the phone with them I logged in again and changed my user name and password and it's now working on all my devices. There's nothing to see until the season starts, but it definitely works. I recommend logging in online first so you can change your username and password because they're long as heck! ex: XXXXXX@NFL.2013.Directv.com is your username and the password is like XXX_XXXXX-XXXXXXXX.....So yeah, definitely change that.

Time to play some Madden until the season starts!!!

fromthenickel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to do this offer instead of getting the max ticket and I'm already a direct tv subscriber and had ticket last year. I'm still a little confused (maybe dumb optimism) but from I see is that in a situation like mine you don't get anything with the game.....if you have to have direct tv and nfl max then there is no benefit ... I can use my computer or ipad to watch along with the tv without this "code"...... I was hoping i could use this code instead of buying the ticket but i guess i have to have the ticket so it makes no sense.....Please let me know if I'm correct...I'm hoping I'm not and that I can do this deal being a direct tv subcsriber but ......

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can accessNFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

melou12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By melou12

Ok so I'm new to this site and not a gamer. However, I am a football fanatic. After getting rid of cable years ago, I actually just signed up for the ultimate tier package with directv ONLY to get that year free of the NFL Sunday Ticket. However, our friend just told us about the Madden offer. I still have time to cancel my order, but not much, so I just need absolute clarification, if someone who is POSITIVE would be so kind to offer. A: Does it matter if I don't even own an Xbox or play station (I only have WII) But could not care less about the actual game and will try to sell it. B) Are you 100% POSITIVE that I do NOT have to sign up for directv at all? I am very leery of the wording "Trial Offer". I am leaving the country in a few days and am due to return the night prior to my scheduled install of directv so I need to make my decision NOW. I'm very sorry for sounding impatient, just on a super tight time crunch here for I will need to place my game order (provided they are still even available) and cancel my install by Friday! And hell, if this is for real, I would much rather pay the $99 for a game I'll never use and hook my laptop up to my tv via hdmi cable than be locked into a contract for 2 years that more than doubles what I'm paying for tv/Internet now! I appreciate any advice anyone with true knowledge can offer and I thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely, long suffering Bills girl who's lived in L.A for 14 years, so I can't win for losing! :)

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can;t believe this thread has over 15000 views, and only one page of comments.

shifting1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shifting1234

@melou12: It doesn't matter if you do or don't have direct tv.. Anyone is eligible for nfl Sunday ticket mobile as long as you have the code. I just used the code and created my account on my PC, and it's says nfl ticket has been added. It's that simple!

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@greggd: I'm not surprised by the view totals. I've never seen this thread but I was googling for info on the package, typing in Amazon (NFL Sunday Ticket) brought up this thread as the fifth search result after a bunch of Amazon links.

melou12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shifting1234: thank you so much. I just wanted to be sure before I cancel my installation! I appreciate you answering me :)

MattyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MattyP

I don't know if it has done the same for anyo

@jdh5153 said:

I just received my copy today and it comes with an insert that has a Direct TV username and password to use to login with. You can login with the iPad / iPhone app, and on the Direct TV website.

At first I was having issues and called Direct TV and they said my account was tied to Dillon's Department Stores and I was like WTF, then after about 20 minutes they said that it won't be active until August 29th and then you can login to make sure everything works.

AFter getting off the phone with them I logged in again and changed my user name and password and it's now working on all my devices. There's nothing to see until the season starts, but it definitely works. I recommend logging in online first so you can change your username and password because they're long as heck! ex: XXXXXX@NFL.2013.Directv.com is your username and the password is like XXX_XXXXX-XXXXXXXX.....So yeah, definitely change that.

Time to play some Madden until the season starts!!!

Just to let anyone know: I got my codes and had logged in fine, was streaming the previews for RedZone and games on my computer (even sending wirelessly to my TV through Chromecast). All was well, but as jdh5153 suggested, I thought I'd change my email/password for easier login. It immediately stopped working and said to call customer service to make changes to my programming and equipment. So I'd just leave the login as it is from the Madden insert, it's longer to type in, but it should just work easy enough.

It now thinks I'm a Directv subscriber with a full account and subscription to the regular TV version of Sunday Ticket. Ugh. Everytime I log-in now it takes me to the Sunday Ticket info page and shows the promo for subscribers to upgrade to MAX.

I'm going to call customer service when it opens, and hopefully get my account back to the non-subscriber Sunday Ticket offer from Madden before the games start.

anobix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried to login this morning with the code on the paper and it's a no-go. Keeps telling me the account doesn't exist. Everything was written in all-caps on mine yet it says that it is case sensitive. I've typed it in every way I can think it could have been wrong and still not working. Any ideas?

subhidertt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem as you MattyP: I changed my email address and password and now the direcTV website asks me to call their customer support hotline. Let me know if you get anywhere with the call - I submitted an online ticket in the mean-time.

Interestingly, Sunday ticket still works on mobile devices (Android / IOS). Problem is I don't have a chromecast yet so I cant stream it to a big screen :(

Giants56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Giants56

READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!

OK, whoever recommended you change your email and PW basically screwed you.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR INFO!

I had a DirecTV account and canceled it last year, I CAN get DirecTV now ,BUT it does not matter this WILL work even if you can get DirecTV where you live, just USE THE INFO ON THE MADDEN CARD.

1. Go to www.directv.com/easpecial

2. Click "Start Watching"

3. On the left enter the username (which is an EMAIL ADDRESS) and password FROM YOUR MADDEN INSERT CARD.

That's it.

Good Luck!

anobix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update one me not being able to login - got it working. The card does a very poor job of showing which are 0s and Os (zeros and letter O) had to swap a couple around and got it working.

dawgfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dawgfn

The stream link on http://www.directv.com/sports/EA-madden is not live yet. Just got off the phone with support and they said it will not go live until around 12p est. If you are able to login to the Directv site with the provided credentials and the Sunday Ticket subscription is showing up in your profile you should be GTG.

Note on passwords - The support rep said that you are ok to change the password once while logged into the site (I have and its working), but subsequent password changes would send requests to the EA provided email address, that you can't access to verify the password change... He said they can change the password over the phone if necessary, but I wouldn't bother.

Make sure to call 1-800-670-7288 for support.

subhidertt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawgfn: That number just spams the Mayweather commercial. Does this put you in a que?

dawgfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dawgfn

Yeah, long wait though.. I was on hold for about 20 minutes, then directly to a rep.. It's the support number for online services. I called 1800Directv first, and they gave me the number..

I do want to pay for the Mayweather fight now though. :)

fonkymucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawgfn: Thanks for the info! Just a heads up, the android app is currently working. None of the game are active right now, but you can watch the Red Zone channel...which just seems to be Fox's pre-game show.

subhidertt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By subhidertt

@dawgfn: Thanks I'll give it a try. When I called DirecTV they gave me an EA number, which I'm pretty sure won't help.

fonkymucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fonkymucker
subhidertt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK: Solution if you changed your email address and password.

1. Log completely out of the direcTV website (if you stay logged in this won't work)

2. Go to www.directv.com\sundayticketspecial

3. Click start watching

4. Log in with your new credentials (the ones you changed you login to)

5. Enjoy!

MattyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MattyP

@subhidertt said:

OK: Solution if you changed your email address and password.

1. Log completely out of the direcTV website (if you stay logged in this won't work)

2. Go to www.directv.com\sundayticketspecial

3. Click start watching

4. Log in with your new credentials (the ones you changed you login to)

5. Enjoy!

This worked for me. Awesome! THANK YOU.

Oh, BTW, customer service just told me to wait a couple hours and they were aware of the issue and were looking at a solution. They also gave me an EA number to call (did nothing), and their Madden site, lol.

pizza_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tip: Switch what you think are zeros and capital O's.

IMO - the cards have them swapped. After I did this I was able to login as of a few minutes ago! I was about to give up hope.