You think we need one more? Okay, we'll get one more...

skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Poll You think we need one more? Okay, we'll get one more... (88 votes)

Diddy Kong 18%
Dry Bones 20%
Funky Kong 14%
Boo 26%
Birdo 23%
 • 
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I guess the roster is my only real complaint about Mario Kart 8? They cut characters in favour of basically more baby versions of characters, more metal versions of characters, and the Koopalings, who are all slightly different but I don't think they're real standout characters compared to all the people they cut.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They have the People's Hero Waluigi, that's all I need.

He was bitten by a radioactive leg ya know.

skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumors are a bunch of these characters are coming as paid DLC... I've seen screenshots of the expanded character roster.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skuski said:

Rumors are a bunch of these characters are coming as paid DLC... I've seen screenshots of the expanded character roster.

That seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo. The handful of times they've done DLC, I feel like it's usually pretty irrelevant stuff, not characters who are a surprising omission. Like, the weird Mercedes DLC, or the bonus missions in Fire Emblem: Awakening that aren't canon. Not exactly the most important stuff.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bisonhero: New Super Luigi U was pretty substantial...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi
@bisonhero said:
@skuski said:

That seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo. The handful of times they've done DLC, I feel like it's usually pretty irrelevant stuff, not characters who are a surprising omission. Like, the weird Mercedes DLC, or the bonus missions in Fire Emblem: Awakening that aren't canon. Not exactly the most important stuff.

There is DLC for Mario Golf on 3DS. Toadette, Rosalina and Nabbit and 2 courses per character for 6 bucks each or 15 bucks for all 3 plus Goldeon Mario.

Cash for Gold
Cash for Gold

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: New Super Luigi U was pretty substantial...

That's true, but that's like a proper expansion pack, and priced appropriately. It's rare that Nintendo nickel and dime people for costumes, or characters that would normally be part of the roster (Fire Emblem's DLC characters aren't story characters, but returning characters from older games that have no reason to be in the story or the timeline).

Though @corruptedevil makes a good point about the Mario Golf DLC. Then again, didn't that game have a bunch of DLC golf courses and stuff up front, that they were pretty clear about? Mario Kart 8 doesn't even really have a DLC menu, and you'd think they would've put the characters up for sale by now, since the game has been out for like 2 months.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I do agree with Dan when he said it would be awesome if it was just "Nintendo Kart". Link, Metroid, Fox... why not? It'd be nice.

It'd be really cool to see at this point from a graphics perspective because I think Mario Kart 8 kills it on that front. I love how the courses look and it'd be awesome to see courses in different Nintendo series.

I'm pretty happy with the characters they have. But they are stretching it thin sticking to Mario. The Koopalings are a real force.

As long as it has Wario and Waluigi I'm pretty happy.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Damn it, selected Dry Bones before seeing Boo. Boo is my go to character!

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, if Nintendo was smart I'd totally want all of those. I agree with the sentiment, we need a super smash kart or whatever they want to call it.

skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By skuski

Just read on IGN that Nintendo will be patching Mario Kart 8 to include the map overlay on the tv and add a records screen to the menu.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geirr

Baby versions can sod off.

I wish they had the complete roster from the absolute best game in the series, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Yes, including Boo and Piranha Pete or whatever the flower's name is!

No Caption Provided

p e r f e c t i o n . .

skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big fan of the tracks added in the first DLC; however, adding Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach is a bit of a let down... I want different characters, not different outfits. Thoughts?