Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

MH Promo Codes and Events [UPDATED 25 June 2015]

• 93 results
    angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By angus_lafroy

In the interest of keeping everyone current on free stuff, I thought it would be nice to have a thread with the active promo codes for the game in case you don't know where to find them. Below are the active promo codes, and I will keep this list updated as new codes are added and old codes expire.

EVENT

Holy crap! Marvel Heroes just turned 2! Free stuff and big sales all month! Big 10 has returned! Chaos!

Odin's Bounty Rotation (additional time zone schedules here: https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/odins-bounty-big-ten-0)

No Caption Provided

PROMO CODES

THANK-YOU-FOR-VERIFYING-YOUR-EMAIL - 2x Credit Boost, 2x SiF Boost, 2x RiF Boost.

*Note: This is also provided by selecting Verify Email in your account. Can only be redeemed once as with all other promo codes.

2NDBDAY - Team-up Gear Find Boost and Iridium Triple Boost.

INFLUENCE - 200 Genosha Influence.

To redeem a code, login to your account at marvelheroes.com, click on the profile link once you've logged in, select the REDEEM KEY option in the panel on the left, and enter the code. Once the code has been accepted, the indicated item(s) will show up in your character inventory in game right away, though if you are playing, you may need to log out and log back in for that to happen.

Please let me know if any of the codes are not working and I will update the list.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I've tried to get into this game 3 times now; I like how it plays, but I can never figure out what I'm supposed to be doing/where I'm supposed to go.

Last time I played I was in a group with 2 other strangers and none of us had any idea what we were supposed to be doing, we ran around cleared the whole map and nothing happened...

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've been meaning to get back into this game. The only problem is, I have no idea what hero I want to use. I've only ever played Spider-Man and looking at who they have now. There are so many awesome choices. With each one costing money though. So GB who should I play as?!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@johncallahan: Storm is generally thought of as pretty OP, or was the last time I played.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Good job with the thread. I've played the game at various stages in the past year+ and it is amazing how much they have improved it and how much it has changed. When the game was launched there was just the campaign and some terminals to play, a mere shadow of what it is now. I ended up putting 70 bucks into the game over the course of a year, because I love it when developers properly support and improve a game, while listening to the community, and I wanted to support that. This game has come so far it rivals, if not surpasses, Diablo 3: RoS and Torchlight II.

@johncallahan: If you don't have a favourite marvel character, it depends on what you want to do. For example, spidey is a up close, dodge-based melee fighter. Iron Man can do melee, ranged or both at the same time, Taskmaster can kinda do a little of everything, but excels at none of it. The Punisher tears everything apart at range with his guns, Human Torch is a super fast, mobile AoE damage guy. I don't know how you prefer to play ARPGs, so I can't give you advice on what to pick.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncallahan: The best advice I can give is to play the character you like most. If you aren't crazy about spending money on someone new, get your Spidey to 60, at which point you should have enough Eternity Splinters (in game currency) to purchase a new hero.

As for the "best" characters in the game right now, Exqzr of the Marvel Heroes forums has these as the top five right now:

1. Doctor Strange

2. Loki

3. Human Torch

4. Scarlet Witch

5. Iron Man

All of those characters are fun to play, and I can personally recommend Strange and Human Torch having played them recently.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: If you want to join the new supergroup Giant Bomb Crew, we can help you get your bearings in the game. Let me know if you would like an invite. PM me if you would like some help without joining a group.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zirilius

@johncallahan: The best advice I can give is to play the character you like most. If you aren't crazy about spending money on someone new, get your Spidey to 60, at which point you should have enough Eternity Splinters (in game currency) to purchase a new hero.

As for the "best" characters in the game right now, Exqzr of the Marvel Heroes forums has these as the top five right now:

1. Ms Marvel

2. Ms Marvel

3. Ms Marvel

4. Ms Marvel

5. Ms Marvel

All of those characters are fun to play, and I can personally recommend Ms Marvel and Ms Marvel having played them recently.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have this game but i reinstalled it and now i have none of my previous quests

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvare: That's not an unfixable or world ending. You can jump into stuff like X-Defense or Midtown Patrol without quests, or do the terminals. You may also be in a different chapter from when you last played. Check the teleport pad to see what chapter you were on and go there. If that doesn't work, submit a ticket. The customer service is pretty quick and very helpful.

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, pick someone you like as a character and play the storyline with him, then you should have enough Eternity Splinters to buy another duder that maybe fit more in a gameplay / metagame you like.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I've been meaning to get back into this game. The only problem is, I have no idea what hero I want to use. I've only ever played Spider-Man and looking at who they have now. There are so many awesome choices. With each one costing money though. So GB who should I play as?!

They added eternity splinter drops so you could get someone free with the right amount of grinding.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angus_lafroy: She's great. She loses a bit of survivability (solo) as you get towards 60 on super heroic but is pretty doable still. Just have to be a bit careful when fighting bosses like Doom.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: The eternity splinters drop at a rate of one every 5-8 minutes, confirmed by the devs. However, sometimes you will get a pile of them. On top of that, too, you get 200 from completing the story. With the anniversary presents you will also get a pile of them. I think I got 50 splinters in one of my boxes yesterday, on top of a whole heap of other goodies and a free costume.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: She is on my short list of characters to play next! I can't imagine she's a lot more squishy than say Gambit, is she?

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: how do i use thosse i have some and everytime i ask in chat i'm ignored

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvare: There is a vendor, Adam Warlock, in Avengers Tower. He sells all of the ES items.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@darkvare said:

@i_stay_puft: how do i use thosse i have some and everytime i ask in chat i'm ignored

If you go to the main lobby of whatever chapter your in (avengers tower, x-men school, etc.) find the hero adam warlock and you should be able to trade your e.s for the hero tokens. You can either spend 175 e.s and take your chance at a random hero, be warned because you might get the same hero token you already have. If you don't want to do that I think it's like 400 e.s or higher for a hero of your choice.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The following heroes are 200 ES:

Black Widow, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Taskmaster, and Thing.

The next group cost 400:

Black Panther, Cable, Captain America, Colossus, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Gambit, Hulk, Human Torch, Jean Grey, Loki, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler, Punisher, Psylocke, Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl, Thor, and Wolverine.

The last group cost 600 each:

Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and Spider-Man.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: She is on my short list of characters to play next! I can't imagine she's a lot more squishy than say Gambit, is she?

Oh god no. Just have to be a lot more careful about placements and evasions

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: Sweet, I can use a change from him being so squishy. Admittedly, Gambit is surprisingly durable, almost Spider-Man durable, which I did not expect.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: Sweet, I can use a change from him being so squishy. Admittedly, Gambit is surprisingly durable, almost Spider-Man durable, which I did not expect.

She's got a passive that increases her dodge rating which helps but its the AoE's you got to worry about. Her ultimate makes quick work of just about any boss not Doom or Loki.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: You've sold me on her, she'll be the next character I work on! Thanks!

maureliuswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you guys say it's worth the $20 to buy the character you enjoy from a comic standpoint?

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maureliuswolf: Absolutely. Admittedly, I am crazy and I bought everyone through various means, but yes. Every character is fun to play, some more than others, but they are all good. Who are you looking to buy?

maureliuswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Hawkeye when I first played the game and when I finished the first part I was given Daredevil. I tried jumping into it again after being away for so long and I just felt lost. I feel that a lot of it has to do with not being thrilled about Hawkeye, though. I am considering either Loki or Spider-man (favorite villain and favorite hero).

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes its totally worth the money. I've spent about 40 bucks on the game and haven't felt ripped off. I got Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider costume. With all that said I've spent more time on this game then I have the majority of 60 dollar games I've purchased and certainly had more fun. I recommend if you are going to spend money though do some research (youtube videos, twitch streams, etc..) just to make sure its ultimately what you want. If they are your favorite characters though you should enjoy them no matter what.

I started out with Captain America and while I loved him the enjoyment of the game went up ten fold as soon as I bought my favorite character.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing this off and on since launch but have been away awhile. I didn't know about the eternity splinters so I think I'm gonna check it out again this weekend to see what I can get. There's 1400 splinters worth of characters I'd like to get.

Thanks for the codes.

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the exception of one or two characters, the developers have done an excellent job making each character fun to play. It really just comes down to find the one that has the play style that you enjoy most or one that you are a fan of. You can also run the test client to try out characters before you get them to make sure you enjoy them.

Also, if anyone used to play or is interested in playing now, there is a big anniversary event going on right now. If you have a level 30 character or can get a character to 30 before the event ends you get 365 free items. You get some really good stuff too. There's also an XP boost to make getting to 30 a bit easier.

maureliuswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maureliuswolf: It's where they test the new patches and characters before putting them into the actual game. If you log into the game's web site and then go to your profile, there should be a link to download the test client. It's a separate install from the normal game though, so you'll have to download everything again. You can buy every character and try them out a bit to get a feel for how they play.

maureliuswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechanical_ape: Can you actually test builds or are you just given a certain number of points to try?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Thanks, I just entered them all.

I haven't played this game properly. Spent like 4 hours with Storm but I wanted to play with a character I care about. Is Hulk any good? He looks fun for just stomping things solo.

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maureliuswolf: Yeah, it's a great way to test out builds as well. The one downside is that the test servers aren't always up. Generally they only turn them on when they have something to test. Luckily with the new content and the two new characters being added soon the test servers should be up quite a bit this month. Here's a link with more details.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@alistercat: Hulk is pretty good as a solo character.

Also for those who've never played and are about to you guys are super lucky. I recently found out they changed up the entire starting heroes list and added some pretty cool ones you can begin with for free. From what I gathered as of February 2014 the starting heroes include:

• Luke Cage
    • Punisher
    • Captain America
    • Black Panther
    • Black Widow
    • Human Torch
    • Colossus
    • Storm
    • Hawkeye
    angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: Hulk is great for stomping things. Some think he's not great, but every Hulk I see out and about is just ripping things up, and that has been my experience with the Green Giant, as well. He has some really great costumes, too. Planet Hulk! Woo!

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darkvare

i use scarlet witch and spam a weird teleport move that damages enemies and kills everything in it's wake

maureliuswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By maureliuswolf

@angus_lafroy: Alright. I bought Loki and my wife has Emma. What's the guild?

@mechanical_ape: Thank you so much for the test client info. Helped us make our decision quite quickly!

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maureliuswolf: Glad it helped. Both of those are great choices. Loki is really versatile and Emma has one of the best signature abilities in the entire game. If you need any help or anything, let me know. My name in the game is Corvare.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maureliuswolf: The guild is Batman Batman Batman Inc. Check this thread for information on getting an invite: http://www.giantbomb.com/marvel-heroes-2015/3030-35003/forums/we-ve-started-a-new-active-giant-bomb-guild-1466755/#71

Loki and Emma are pretty awesome, I hope you two enjoy them!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44 rmanthorp  Moderator

@angus_lafroy: Should of done it when I was on last but pester me or Zero next time you are on and we will promote you up to officer in the SG.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just updated the OP with the current promo codes. Hope everyone enjoys!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a reminder if interested on picking up another character the steam sale currently has a few character packs for about 50% off. So you'll get a character and a few of their costumes for 10 bucks.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a big event coming this weekend where you can get all kinds of stuff. There's also a currency sale and you get a free random hero/costume if you purchase a hero/costume. Game is awesome.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
    Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angus_lafroy: Thank you very much for these, this is super useful as someone who has just started this game a few days ago! The game seems freakin fantastic.

The EPIC12 was the only code on the current list (July 6th) that was expired.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.