Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

Anyone Been Playing Since '16 Update?

DrVenkman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DrVenkman90

I went home from my job at a comic book store to download the update last night and I was thrilled with the upgrades they have made to this game. I don't really play too many PC games but I've sunk at least 500 hours into this game because of the fan service and well I love diablo type games. So when they announced that they were doing controller support in the '16 update I was thrilled but cautious because I wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out. Thankfully it plays great with a controller. I haven't checked out the new content they added but I'm sure I will in the next couple of days. Have any of you duders checked this out yet?

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dalerax

I've played about 35 hours across two different "install-play a bunch-uninstall" periods. Game is super fun but I recognized it'd consume a crapload of my time so I ended up uninstalling it twice. But man, I had no idea controller support was coming and that sounds AMAZING for this game. Reeeeally thinking of installing again.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I tried a controller and I thought it felt absolutely awful, like a hacked together mod at best. It's clunky, a lot of the menu items still don't have controller prompts, and any time you are away from the main game you get a mouse cursor on screen that is controlled by one of the joysticks. I mean, it works, but it doesn't compare to something like Diablo 3's controller solution for consoles. I tried it out and went right back to mouse and keyboard.

DrVenkman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: You bring up some good points. After playing for a bit more today I see there are some problems. They have a lot more work to do to it but Gazillion has been good about regular updates. They are still a while away from this game being able to be played on consoles.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I finished Chapter 10 in about 15 minutes. That was fairly disappointing, but when you are max level with max omegas and the most high-end gear possible, I guess it doesn't take long. Just boss rush and win. = / BUUUUT, 3 more power points, so that's good.

The crafting system change is fucking EXCELLENT. Now I just need recipes that actually matter so I can use the system again. Beyond adding challenge bonuses to gear and upgrading items to grade 69, there ain't a lot else to do with it all. The auto-population of crafting mats is nice, though.

I haven't played Black Cat yet, and I don't have any interest in playing her. However, everything I've seen looks pretty good so far, and the few guys I know that have her are enjoying her.

I haven't played the Deadpool 52 review because I hate Deadpool, but that also seems like they did a solid job on it from all the Twitch gameplay I've seen.

Hightown Patrol is alright, but the lack of Cosmic Hightown at launch means that I won't bother with it until the loot drops matter for me.

Agent Venom has crap "away" stats, and I don't feel like his damage output is even that good when compared to others like Coulson, Howard the Duck, and Carnage. I probably won't ever use him beyond the initial level-up to 60.

I haven't played with a controller yet. I'm going to try that sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm currently moving into a new apartment (as of tomorrow), so that is eating up my gameplay time at the moment.

The new artifacts are mostly niche ones, but some of them are pretty damn nice. Particularly, the Flag of the Imperial Skrull Empire is a nice artifact for anyone who is currently trying to use Neotum as a placeholder for crit and brute damage, Skrull Energy Rifle Focusing Crystal is great for energy heroes that need some spirit sustain (coughHUMANTORCHcough), and Nick Fury Was Right T-Shirt became BiS for every single physical-using ranged character. Seriously, that thing is basically the replacement for SWGN on ranged physical. Expect Hawkeye, War Machine and Punisher to see a big upswing on TTKs, and those will trickle down to the more niche ranged builds like Black Widow, Blade, Deadpool, and Winter Soldier.

The two new Any Hero Uniques are pretty fantastic as well. Skrull Military Uniform is going to be BiS for a few people as a Slot 4, and I think it's probably better than Batroc's Boots when you compare Slot 4s. The Skrull Mighty Hammer is OP AS HELL! I still have to get one and test it, but I have a pretty strong feeling that it will replace Thor's Slot 1 and give him a ridiculous high increase in his burst damage melee build.

The new medallions, however, are the shining light of this update. Skrull Avengers, Skrull X-Men, and Skrull Nick Fury medallions are INCREDIBLE, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Skrull Nick Fury replaced Doctor Doom Medallion on a ton of builds. Anyone using a Hulkbuster Physics Package benefits pretty heavily from Skrull Avengers (THOR), while Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, and Ghost Rider get a MASSIVE buff from Skrull X-Men. Seriously, those things are just RIDICULOUS! I cannot wait to get cosmics of them.

Meanwhile, things that didn't show up in the update that were supposed to:

• Leaderboards (and if they did, then I haven't seen them anywhere)
    • New Omega node and increased Omega cap - Ryolnir confirmed this directly to me in the forums a week before the release, but then they cut it. I asked Asros if he had any deeper info than just a "no" when he was in the chat on DegenTP's stream, and he said that it was "pushed back to focus on bugs in 2016 update." Makes sense, even though they've had to push back the 2016 update for...three months already? I don't know. Sadly, a new Omega cap would've given me a reason to play more.
    • Cosmic Hightown Patrol - the drops in normal patrols just aren't plentiful enough for what I need, and the chance at getting bifecta and trifecta costume cores to sell on the market isn't high enough to make it worthwhile to grind.

So overall, it's been alright. It's not incredible, but it's hard for me to honestly judge these things anymore. I've been at max omegas for a long time, and raids are on hyper-farm. Just waiting for more challenging stuff, honestly.

Also, I play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much Marvel Heroes. Time to go back to Season 5 Diablo 3.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played this at launch but wanted to jump back on and try it with the steam controller. Is it still like 10 dollars for a single character? I thought the f2p stuff was way to much money when i tried to play and fell out of it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: You don't really need to spend any money. There is a good choice of free starting characters, and by the time you finish the story mode you'll have enough currency to buy another one. I have about 15 heroes and have never spent real money on any of them.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike I may give it another shot then, but it also seems like there is a huge update to download every time i try and hop back on lol. I have daredevil as my starting character, and last time i tried i had to respec everything and kinda forgot everything about the what the character could do and what was effective.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mike

@oursin_360: You can always start a new account and pick a different starting character.

You also now get 400 Eternity Splinters on your second day of logging in, which means you can afford to buy many of the characters in the game. And it doesn't take that long to work your way up to 600, which is the most expensive tier.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

I gave it a shot again this update. What I'm really looking for in a game like this Marvel Ultimate Alliance the MMO. I'm looking for a couch and controller scenario. It's not quite there for me, but it's close.

Basically the controller support has lots of issues. I have to use the mouse still for some stuff. There are bugs where I can't pick any loot up, I get stuck spamming the same attacks over and over, etc.

If they can fix those issues I think there's a lot of potential.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By BBAlpert

I reinstalled it and MAN I forgot how annoying Hawkeye is. He's like Deadpool with a bow and arrows.

Actually, I came to the realization that, as the purple knockoff of a popular(?) green archer superhero, Hawkeye is the Green Arrow's Waluigi.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: Yeah...Hawkeye is still sitting at 51...and I'll probably never level him to 60. That guy just sucks...and he's had a rework!!! Well, it's not that he SUCKS (he does solid damage and is plenty survivable), but he's just BOOOOOORING.

I tried the controller stuff a little bit this morning. It leaves a lot to be desired, but they are on the right track. We'll see if they can get that stuff squared away in the next month or so. I know that there has been a lot of talk on the MH forums about ways to improve the situation, and that they will be fixing bugs as they come up.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: It is promising that it seems like they have improved the controller support a couple of times already since it initially appeared on Test Center. I'm kind of curious to try out my Steam Controller and see how that works, but I'm so used to playing MH with mouse and keyboard at this point.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Yes a bunch of us still play on a nightly basis in the giant bomb super group. I'll agree with peoples take about controller support, while I do appreciate the implementation it is still pretty clunky at best. I like playing with multiple shortcuts to get to move sets found on the 2nd and 3rd tabs, I hate the fact there's really no way to do that on the controller besides hitting a button to switch back and forth on tabs.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I downloaded it when I heard about controller support only to find out that it doesn't work in the login page. So, no.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mike

@ez123: Yeah...sadly the controller just acts as a mouse emulator in many parts of the game, such as in any menu, inventory, stuff like that. It has a long way to go for sure. At least they're making some progress on it.

If they could get controller support to work as well as Diablo 3 on consoles, I would definitely dump the mouse & keyboard. I'm a PC Diablo player but man, the console versions feel pretty good, at least for the low level stuff I've played on it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of controller support has anybody found a way to adjust the camera zoom on the controller? Can't seem to find those settings in the gamepad options.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@jakob187: I like his play style (as far as I understand it) - a variety of focused and crowd-controlling ranged attacks with additional ice/lightning/poison effects that can trigger is almost exactly the way I'd like to play a game like this. It's mostly his cheeky one-liners.

Though I'm sure I could probably turn voices down in the options. Maybe I'll give that a shot...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187

@bbalpert: Once you've played War Machine and his incredible ranged build, it's hard to ever go back to something as bland as Hawkeye. I'm also interested in trying Deadpool's ranged build out now after looking at the skill set. This saddens me, as I thoroughly loathe that character (except when Rick Remender was writing him in the Uncanny X-Force stuff).

As for the controller support stuff, it'll come along. Sadly, though, I don't think it'll ever be as good as Diablo 3 on consoles. That game is basically the standard for me at this point when it comes to ARPGs with controllers.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just started playing the game. It's pretty fun, if a bit too easy. It's also way too easy to drop big $ on the game when you're drunk :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.