Should I get the DLC or wait for a PS4 re-release?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

EA is having a sale on Mass Effect DLC. I haven't purchased any of it for ME3, but I'm considering taking advantage of the sale on the 360.

Nothing has been announced that definitively states that the series is coming to current gen systems, but I thought I heard something awhile back hinting that this is to happen. I don't intend on playing ME3 again soon, but I'm conflicted: Should I pull the trigger and get the DLC so I have it for when I do play the game again someday or are the odds of the series coming to the PS4 with the DLC good?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tough question. There have certainly been some indications that they are thinking about, and things have been really quiet on the ME front lately. There's no guarantee that they'll do it, but I think there's definitely a decent chance for it.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters: It would not surprise me if there was a re-release to hype up ME4 and reinvigorate excitement for the series. Maybe I'll hold off and hope for an announcement at E3.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Citadel DLC is the only thing really worth anything in that game...

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I would definitely wait it out - especially if you aren't planning on replaying it right away. Just wait until either A) our dreams come true and a rerelease happens or B) you really want to play it again.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude said:

I would definitely wait it out - especially if you aren't planning on replaying it right away. Just wait until either A) our dreams come true and a rerelease happens or B) you really want to play it again.

I like those options. Consider it done! And if I do decide to play it sooner than later, I'll just follow @the_ruiner 's advice.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#7  Edited By sammo21

Tough call. I would love to play through ME2 and ME3 on PS4 :p

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerseslives

It's kind of depressing that we're at this point where we can safely assume most of the games we played last generation are getting re-releases.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@bonorbitz: Is this sale only on Console? Not seeing anything on Origin

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quarters

@bonorbitz said:

@geraltitude said:

I like those options. Consider it done! And if I do decide to play it sooner than later, I'll just follow @the_ruiner 's advice.

Actually, I wouldn't advise that. Citadel is certainly the best of the bunch, ME3 has some of the best DLC that Bioware has done. Leviathan is outstanding, especially the end. Omega has great production values(outside of some glitches), but the story isn't as essential. It's still good though, just depends on how much you like Aria/Omega. And if you don't have From Ashes, I would absolutely recommend that, as Javik is a worthwhile addition to everything. Also, the Extended Cut is an obvious get, but that's free, so I'll assume you have that already.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@bonorbitz: Is this sale only on Console? Not seeing anything on Origin

I'm not sure about Origin, but EA is having a huge sale on everything ME2 and 3 on 360 along with many of their other games. For example, I just bought Fight Night Champion for $5.

@quarters said:

@bonorbitz said:

@geraltitude said:

Actually, I wouldn't advise that. Citadel is certainly the best of the bunch, ME3 has some of the best DLC that Bioware has done. Leviathan is outstanding, especially the end. Omega has great production values(outside of some glitches), but the story isn't as essential. It's still good though, just depends on how much you like Aria/Omega. And if you don't have From Ashes, I would absolutely recommend that, as Javik is a worthwhile addition to everything. Also, the Extended Cut is an obvious get, but that's free, so I'll assume you have that already.

I do have From Ashes, but I never downloaded the Extended Cut. Thanks for the suggestion and the details!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i got the ps3 collection when it came out since EA pulled me3 from steam which meant i couldnt continue my story as easily.. I love ME but i wont rebuy it again for ps4 as it wont be enough change. Graphics dont need to be updated and there wont be any " New" dlc in it if they do re-re-release it on new consoles as the game is to old and everyone has moved onto the next game.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd get the DLC now on the chance that the Mass Effect trilogy won't come to modern consoles.

But then again, I'm waiting on buying Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition while the original DMC4 is in my Steam wishlist, same with DmC, GTAV, and I just remembered about Sleeping Dogs' current gen release...

God dammit, video game industry!

...Yeah. Just wait it out. E3 isn't for another five months.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan

Damn this thread just has me wanting that Mass Effect collection even more :(

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By White_Silhouette

So let me get this straight. Instead of buying dlc on sale for a game you already own. You are waiting for that same game to come out on a newer console and look slightly better. Also it will most likely be $60.00. In short you are waiting in the hopes you can spend more money.. This industry is screwy.

edit: I am not exempt from this screwyness. But I'd prefer KOTOR to be redone.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up pulling the trigger on the DLC today. I've been kind of wanting to revisit these games, and I actually started from ME1 today. And now that I think about it, what @white_silhouette is saying makes a lot of sense.