• 74 results
#1 Posted by ThePantheon (723 posts) -

Just want to take the time on my favourite puppy-related subforum here on GB and say holy shit I'm so glad Dave and the crew are bringing Rorie in.

Rorie - welcome back duder, we've missed you, and please keep hatin' on Macs. THEY AIN'T NO GAME MACHINES.

Looking forward to your QLs my man.

#2 Edited by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Please @rorie, never compromise with those damn Apple machines. Who else can I look up to in my irrational hatred towards a brand?

#3 Posted by ThePantheon (723 posts) -

I secretly have an iPhone and enjoy it oh god.

Also looking forward to the dynamics of a Rorie/Patrick QL.. the PC vet and the PC greenthumb.. learnin' & laughin'.

#4 Posted by Driadon (2997 posts) -

Also looking forward to the dynamics of a Rorie/Patrick QL.. the PC vet and the PC greenthumb.. learnin' & laughin'.

........YYEEESSSSSS!

Two VERY good perspectives on it all.

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (8777 posts) -

And in an odd twist of fate, Rorie will reveal that the dark year away has made him the most cynical of them all.

"PS4? pshh... Two puppies out of five, -max-. I can run at least six real time puppies on my PC right now."

#6 Posted by dudeglove (7751 posts) -

April Fool's was three weeks ago.

#7 Posted by Optix12 (612 posts) -
#8 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Does this mean that Rorie is officially ineligible for 2013's Golden Duder Award competition?

#9 Posted by oscar (100 posts) -

HOLY SHIT! I just found out about this through Jeff's tumblr and got super excited! But then I heard about Dave leaving and got super sad, but then I heard he has a new child, which is awesome! It's a freaking rollercoaster over here, man!

#10 Posted by Rorie (2857 posts) -

@xtrememuffinman: I have to say that the Macbook Air the IT guys gave me is a slick little piece of hardware, even if I scoff at the 120 gb hard drive in this thing. I feel like someone walked up to me and took a baseball bat to my kneecap every time I use the mac OSX, though. If I can't get some Windows on here pretty soon I'm liable to just spring for a Win7 license myself and throw it on there. If I do that I'll have to find some way to scrub the apple logo off the cover of the screen thingy. Maybe I'll throw a Screened logo sticker on there to obscure the symbol of the anti-oppressor.

Staff
#11 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

I think Rorie's blog post also serves the purpose of welcoming him back. No need for other threads. Also

Does this mean that Rorie is officially ineligible for 2013's Golden Duder Award competition?

That is right. You win some and you lose some.

#12 Edited by Matt (962 posts) -

We should welcome Rorie back the only way the GB community knows how.... PHOTOSHOP THREAD!

#13 Posted by Master_Funk (732 posts) -

So happy rorie is finally back with GB/CV . As sad as I am that Dave has left, I know rorie will fill the void eventually. Also hope he takes more part in premium videos than Dave did, specifically Random PC game.

#14 Posted by Beomoose (682 posts) -

I love so much of this post it's hard to put into words

@rorie said:

@xtrememuffinman: I have to say that the Macbook Air the IT guys gave me is a slick little piece of hardware, even if I scoff at the 120 gb hard drive in this thing. I feel like someone walked up to me and took a baseball bat to my kneecap every time I use the mac OSX, though. If I can't get some Windows on here pretty soon I'm liable to just spring for a Win7 license myself and throw it on there. If I do that I'll have to find some way to scrub the apple logo off the cover of the screen thingy. Maybe I'll throw a Screened logo sticker on there to obscure the symbol of the anti-oppressor.

#15 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

Welcome home :)

#16 Edited by Abendlaender (2785 posts) -

I'm really glad Rorie is back, but man I'm going to miss Random PC Game :'(

#17 Posted by Danteveli (1176 posts) -

Welcome back

#18 Posted by Rorie (2857 posts) -

I wouldn't give up on that just yet.

Staff
#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

With Dave now eligible, that competition is a one horse race.

#20 Edited by FLStyle (4665 posts) -

#21 Posted by Sgtpierceface (619 posts) -

This is so awesome guys. It was almost inevitable that this would happen, but that doesn't make this any less great to hear.

#22 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

It's not going anywhere. Mat is a huge PC guy and will just be taking Dave's place. When that will happen is another thing, but people often forget that Mat is a huge old school PC game guy.

I would like to say you will be missed Dave, but you have been so busy with behind the scenes stuff for so long that it's been a long time since we seen ya in anything. In fact now that you are going to be stopping by on your own unemployed free time we will probably end up getting to see more of ya then when you were working on the site. Best of luck being a Dad and finding a job when you need it.

#23 Edited by Ghostface318 (94 posts) -
The Cricket!

So, is it now ok for me to start posting pictures of my puppy, and asking Rorie to rate it? It would have seemed somehow more weird before.

#24 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

lookin forward to the dark souls 2 ql

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -

@mattyftm said:
@shadowconqueror said:

With Dave now eligible, that competition is a one horse race.

I think we're looking at a Dave vs. Brad Muir final.

(Also, I had to google his name to see how to spell it. I had spelled it Miur and saw that it's actually Muir when I clicked on his twitter; then I realized that MrMooEar is (possibly) not just some random name but actually a phonetic to help remember how to spell his name? My fucking mind just got shattered)

#26 Posted by notdavid (837 posts) -

So what are Rorie's thoughts on flight sims?

#27 Posted by Brodehouse (9862 posts) -

More Ramblin' Rories pls.

rory pls

#28 Posted by Nightriff (4990 posts) -

I like Rorie but I wouldn't trade him for Dave which is essentially what has happened.....very mixed feelings right now

#29 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

He is the best possible replacement!

#30 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

This is the greatest news, all the Screened staffers are back. I now demand a Rorie solo-cast about movies, occasionally featuring Alex. I would re-up my subscription for that! listening to the old episodes over again has just made me so numb. I need my fresh fix!

#31 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

Its been a long time...

#32 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

What? This is spectacular news! My day has been made. All is well with the world.

#33 Edited by Benny (1951 posts) -
#34 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@rorie: A lot of our wishes have come true today. I would have sworn just days ago that this day would never happen despite how we all really wanted it to. It sucks that Dave has to go, but I'm happy he's been replaced with you. Hopefully you get to stick around this time and not get dicked around.

Anyways, glad you're officially a part of Giant Bomb and not a sister site or anything like that. I look forward to whatever you contribute.

#35 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Welcome, welcome @rorie!

You are an awesome dude even if you never answered my question. :P

#36 Posted by Humanity (9054 posts) -

Can't wait to see Rorie sit in on his first Quick Look.

At the same time, no more Random PC game with Dave is literally breaking my heart in half.

#37 Edited by Daveyo520 (6680 posts) -

@matt said:

We should welcome Rorie back the only way the GB community knows how.... PHOTOSHOP THREAD!

So is this the photoshop thread or?

I am sorry to unleash this on the world.

#38 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Rorie is going to GB? Glorious ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

#39 Edited by themangalist (1731 posts) -

Wait Dave is leaving?? No. This can't be! D:

#40 Posted by GaspoweR (2959 posts) -

I KNOW!!!! DAVE WILL BE THE GARY WHITTA OF THE GIANT BOMBCAST!!! :D :D :D

#41 Posted by Fluttercry (190 posts) -

We get Rorie...but at what cost?

#42 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -
#43 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -
#44 Posted by huser (1076 posts) -

And they are sitting on a literal goldmine of PC gaming spanning decades from that one Mailbag. This rabbithole Patrick is going down could be his thing, at least till the holiday next gen releases.

#46 Posted by Rorie (2857 posts) -

This is the greatest news, all the Screened staffers are back. I now demand a Rorie solo-cast about movies, occasionally featuring Alex. I would re-up my subscription for that! listening to the old episodes over again has just made me so numb. I need my fresh fix!

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex and I sit down to talk about some comic book movies this summer.

@funkasaurasrex: I was so, so tired when I recorded that podcast. I regret nothing, though.

@daveyo520: Amazing!

@alwaysbeclothing: It took me so long to learn that the beard is not a look for me.

@jams: Well, Dave was leaving regardless of whether I was hired, unfortunately. Glad to make a minor positive out of a negative. I sure wish he was around.

Staff
#47 Edited by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

There is no amount of reaction gifs to reflect how I feel right now.

#48 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1178 posts) -

Can we revisit Dog's Life for Unprofessional Friday's?

#49 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@rorie said:

@jams: Glad to make a minor positive out of a negative. \

Don't undersell yourself. There's nobody better to join Giant Bomb. You're a major positive out of a negative.

#50 Edited by SomberOwl (652 posts) -

I'm sort of new here. Does @rorie have some sort of love for dogs/puppies?