Any fans of Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries?

qnnplmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By qnnplmr

I just found files for and booted up this game again yesterday, and goddamn. This game is fucking amazing. The mech customization, the battles, the campaign, it's all so much fun.

Any chance of getting some multiplayer going again?

If you haven't seen the game before, chances are I'm streaming it at twitch.tv/qnnplmr.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5bc0f9823f4
deactivated-5f5bc0f9823f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ahhhh, childhood :D

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mektek is the place to grab it if you want to play it with your friends unless you still have a hard copy of the game.

reverendk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have to go through one of those weird bootleg server clients if I recall correctly. Are you playing the actual release or the Megamek "microsoft doesn't care about this anymore so here is the game and all the modded mechs and weapons for free if you use our download client" release?

Mechcommander 2 is also out there for free with microsoft's consent both unadulterated and modded to hell and back on moddb.

Jester did nothing wrong.

qnnplmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By qnnplmr

@reverendk: i believe it's the "Microsoft doesn't care" version. There's a ton in here I never remember seeing.

Although there's no client involved, so maybe not.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

OH MY GOD YES! I grew up with Mechwarrior games. Such fond memories.

reverendk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qnnplmr: The old release is the one you have to mess with for multiplayer because the legit servers haven't been up for a while so people had to find work arounds. The free one should have that baked in.

I forgot, it's not megamek, it's MekTek that put out the new version. There should be additional maps and mechs along with the legit IS and clan mech expansion packs, weapons like heavy lasers, HVACs, Rotary ACs bigger than 5s and weird stuff like battle armor. They also made the actual reticle simpler which was a weird change. MekTek was building a slightly modernized version of the multiplayer from MW3 a few years ago but that got shelved and they've since moved on to Heavy Gear as I understand.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You remember that short era where Microsoft put fmv into MechCommander, MechCommander 2, and MechWarrior 4? All those postage stamp size pilot videos and briefings. By this game those were all gone.