#1 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5990487/so-mega-man-online-has-been-cancelled

Last fall, Kotaku reported that Rockman Online (aka Mega Man Online) seemed like it was dead. Today, we learned that the PC game has, indeed, been canned.

The game's official blog hadn't been updated since March 2012, leaving many to wonder about the game's status. Then, last September, the game's lead artist, Kang Dong Hwa, seemed to indicate on his blog that the project had been cancelled. He did not, however, mention Rockman Online by name.

It's now been revealed that both Capcom and NeoWiz Games mutually decided to end Rockman Online's development. According to Kotaku reader Sang Kwon, a NeoWiz spokesperson said to Korean site This Is Game, "Both companies have continually discussed to find agreeable points on quality, development time, communication and etc. Ultimately, both companies have agreed to stop the development of Rock Man Online last early November."

Rockman Online was announced in summer 2010.

#2 Edited by N7 (3572 posts) -

Is this not the most canceled series of all time?

#3 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I really thought this already got cancelled. Perhaps I'm just confusing it with Universe.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35780 posts) -

Wouldn't the game's release be more newsworthy than its cancellation? "This just in: Capcom actually released a new Mega Man game."

#5 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

Im beginning to think Mega Man Cancelled is a new series.

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Poor Mega Man... Pour out an e-tank for the duder...

#7 Edited by Dark (360 posts) -

Here follows my reaction to the thread title.

'Oh wow there is a mega man online? How would that work?'

'Oh wait its cancelled, that's a shame. Now we wait for the next mega man game to be announced then canned a year into development.'

RIP Mega man

#8 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

Well, I didn't even know that it was announced so . . yeah.

#9 Posted by DocHaus (1310 posts) -

Waiting until Capcom announces a new Protoman spinoff just to fuck with us.

#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

It was announced? :P

#11 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4901 posts) -

Mega Man has it rougher than Kirby. Kirby at least gets some games, whereas Mega Man's corpse just keep getting pounded in the A by Capcom.

#12 Posted by TheHT (10786 posts) -

One day someone is going to take over Capcom, and the Mega Man games will rain from the heavens.

#13 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1689 posts) -

I don't remember this ever being announced in the first place. In fact, I honestly thought Capcom came out to say it's canceled just so they could say they canceled another Mega Man game. Seems like a dick move they are prone to pull.

#14 Edited by TechHits (1365 posts) -

I don't get the whole Megaman is dead thing there has been 129 megaman games, and the series has only been around for 25 years. that's 5 games a year on average! That's alot of games.

#15 Posted by SpaceRunaway (826 posts) -

@techhits: It's because Inafune's gone now, and Capcom's actions towards the Megaman franchise since his departure look almost humorously antagonistic.

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10261 posts) -

@techhits said:

I don't get the whole Megaman is dead thing there has been 129 megaman games, and the series has only been around for 25 years. that's 5 games a year on average! That's alot of games.

Yeah but it's also been three years since the last Mega Man game and Inafune left Capcom and he basically invented Mega Man. That plus these two cancellations makes Mega Man seem dead as hell.

#17 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

This is describes everything.