#1 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2419 posts) -

So, what did you do to Megaton? Did you save it, or did you blow it away?

If you haven't decided yet, what are you planning on doing.

I saved Megaton, because I'm using my current character as a good character. I'll probably play again and blow it up.

#3 Posted by pause422 (6249 posts) -

I've started over once more, I'm gonna do every quest possible from megaton(finish the chicks survival guide, and delivery the letter to that town/finish Blood Ties) then go blow it up. With my speech skill I got Burke to thrown in an extra 500 caps, so I'll have around near 3000 by the time I get to him.

#4 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I don't do quests because exploring is so much more fun.

#5 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2419 posts) -
pause422 said:
"I've started over once more, I'm gonna do every quest possible from megaton(finish the chicks survival guide, and delivery the letter to that town/finish Blood Ties) then go blow it up. With my speech skill I got Burke to thrown in an extra 500 caps, so I'll have around near 3000 by the time I get to him."
lol. For the Survival Guide quest, I just used this speech option telling her to give up. The returns were less than they would have been if I had done the quest, but I did get a neat perk that lowers critical hits by enemies on me by 50%.
#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

I saved it.

#7 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -
#8 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

I saved it because there were barely any other hub cities so I thought the Capital Wasteland would be so much more Wasteland-ish if it was gone, and that's counter to how I usually role-play those kinda games. I ended up making a lot more money from vendors keeping it alive, and there's even a player home there!

#9 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

I went North Korean on dat ass.

#10 Posted by believer258 (12216 posts) -

It''s too useful to blow up:

@psylah - I didn't know you could fuck it up after deciding to do it.

#11 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

It''s too useful to blow up:

@psylah - I didn't know you could fuck it up after deciding to do it.

What I meant was I threatened to blow it up from the balcony of Tenpenny tower and in the meantime starved to death.

#12 Posted by Marcsman (3296 posts) -

Do both. Save then blow it up, reload game. Simple

#13 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

Saved. I wasn't playing the 'good' story. I just wanted to keep the apartment.

#14 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2435 posts) -

Holy necro thread batman!

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

No thread is ever dead. Im sure in another 4 years I will get a reply, probably from someone using some janky motion to speech option.

#16 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Kill and loot everything worthwhile in the town, you will get alot of XP and bottle caps, then blow it up =)

#17 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

Why would you deny yourself good quest content? That's me assuming that when you blow up Megaton that everyone dies therefore killing the quests you could've gotten, unless other quests appear in their place?