Posted by buft (3317 posts) 8 months, 9 days ago

Poll: How many cuts before the frame rate gets too low? (25 votes)

Less than 50 8%
50 - 100 4%
100 - 150 8%
150 - 250 8%
250 - 500 12%
500 - 750 16%
750+ 44%

I'm genuinely curious, in zandatsu mode how many pieces do you get up too before the framerate drops too low to continue, for me personally i get roughly about 300 before the game starts slide-showing. Not unusual for my AMD FX processor, sometimes it doesn't get on well with games but aside from that the game runs like butter.

#1 Posted by oliveshark (52 posts) -

I'm closing in on the end game, and I have yet been in a situation where that big of a number has come up. It's a fun question though, but wouldn't are you going out of your way to make this many cuts?

#2 Edited by buft (3317 posts) -

I'm closing in on the end game, and I have yet been in a situation where that big of a number has come up. It's a fun question though, but wouldn't are you going out of your way to make this many cuts?

not cuts, pieces, my wording is poor sorry. I've had a few areas where i get carried away and go mad with the mode but the easy way to test is during the tutorial where you have unlimited energy, i should clarify this isnt something that usually comes up for me in regular gameplay but i seen some people saying on the steam forums that they have loss of frames from the first cut.

#3 Posted by billymagnum (827 posts) -

is the cut performance based on your processor power or your memory?

#4 Edited by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -
#5 Posted by billymagnum (827 posts) -

@starfoxa: nice to know. id like to hear what people are getting with what chips.

#6 Posted by guanophobic (306 posts) -

@starfoxa:

nice to know. id like to hear what people are getting with what chips.

For science.

#7 Posted by ripelivejam (3965 posts) -

i wonder if you had like 16 cores if you could eventually get down to the subatomic level...

#8 Edited by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

Had slowdown during the monsoon fight cause i cut a helicopter into a 1000 pieces with infinite zandatsu. Of coure there were sparks and rain going on during fight too.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4649 posts) -

I'd say the slowdown starts around 300, but its very small. For something that would really affect the game I'd have to go over 750.

#10 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

My i7 lets me do all of the cuts.

#11 Posted by crithon (3244 posts) -

getting around 12 or 6 slices

time to upgrade

#12 Edited by Humanity (9257 posts) -

Past 400 starts dropping frames into single digits. I'm on an 8 core AMD bulldozer processor.

#13 Edited by roseanne26 (5 posts) -

I have had no problem till 500 yet.. My processor seems pretty efficient.. ;)